• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

200 applications to join Cumann blocked

NewGoldDream

Website
-
...rumours flying around FF in Kerry that 200 applications for membership of the Kenmare Cumann, home of Senator Mark Daly, were mysteriously blocked without explanation. He had protested about the matter and the party is now finally going to examine the issue and find out the whys and wherefores. It strikes me that in our current predicament the party would be a lot better off welcoming all new members rather than putting up obstacles, but guess its a sign of how things might be in the new one member one vote era.

stakerwallace

Are they all called John O' Connor?

Rural

I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member.:)

Bea C

I must ask questions...

carruthers

...rumours flying around FF in Kerry that 200 applications for membership of the Kenmare Cumann, home of Senator Mark Daly, were mysteriously blocked without explanation. He had protested about the matter and the party is now finally going to examine the issue and find out the whys and wherefores. It strikes me that in our current predicament the party would be a lot better off welcoming all new members rather than putting up obstacles, but guess its a sign of how things might be in the new one member one vote era.
200 applications to join a rural Cumann? The mind boggles.

corporal punishment

I heard they we're all sheep from Tuosist and considered too intelligent and therefore a threat to the leadership.

Bea C

Pat O'Connor Pat O'Connor?

Those days are gone, these applications had to have names, addresses, mobiles, emails where appropriate. No graveyards dug up or double jobbing!
You obviously were not at that meeting in the Brandon last october!

off with their heads

The person who doesn't care what the most popular party in the country according to polls, and the largest Opposition party, does is the person who has no interest in or clue about politics.
you could walk under a snake with a top hat on.....you are quite frankly fooling no one:)

NewGoldDream

Website
-
You obviously were not at that meeting in the Brandon last october!
No.

But the membership thing is strict enough. Anyway, I doubt Mark Daly would be calling for an examination if the applicants are fictitious or doubling up, it would be some own goal!

commonman

They most be all foreigners sign here and i will get you a job, they cant fool us ant more !! or can they.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
you could walk under a snake with a top hat on.....you are quite frankly fooling no one:)
Fooling no one with what?

The claim that FF are topping the latest opinion poll?

Or that they are the largest Opposition party?

Not sure about the snake thing, but I think kids on the street at this stage know both are facts, no matter how much they annoy you.

off with their heads

Fooling no one with what?

The claim that FF are topping the latest opinion poll?

Or that they are the largest Opposition party?

Not sure about the snake thing, but I think kids on the street at this stage know both are facts, no matter how much they annoy you.
lookin good for a majority then meehaul for taoiseach dream on gombeen man:)

Clanrickard