• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

2013 - The Second Comet - Pan-STARRS - have you seen it?

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Pan-STARRS will be best viewable from the 12th to the 24th of Mar. Lets hope we can get some good views.

Conclave starts on the 12th of March. This is clearly a sign. With God having 3 comets in the sky this year and already smashing meteors into Russia I think its time for you all to repent of your sinful liberal ways.

Comet ISON in November may be brighter than a full-moon according to some. An Interesting celestial year.

Naked-Eye Comet Pan-STARRS Climbing into Northern Skies | Observations, Scientific American Blog Network

rgaok

if "God" can send signs like comets surely he could have stopped the murder of 6million people by Hitler or stopped Pol Pot in Cambodia or even 9/11??

mhagain

if "God" can send signs like comets surely he could have stopped the murder of 6million people by Hitler or stopped Pol Pot in Cambodia or even 9/11??
If there was a just god he would have also stopped boring sh-ite responses like this.

pragmaticapproach

Pan-STARRS will be best viewable from the 12th to the 24th of Mar. Lets hope we can get some good views.

Conclave starts on the 12th of March. This is clearly a sign. With God having 3 comets in the sky this year and already smashing meteors into Russia I think its time for you all to repent of your sinful liberal ways.

Comet ISON in November may be brighter than a full-moon according to some. An Interesting celestial year.

Naked-Eye Comet Pan-STARRS Climbing into Northern Skies | Observations, Scientific American Blog Network
I dont know what it is you're smoking, drinking or otherwise ingesting but I want some.:)

Dublin 4

As solar activity is due to reach its peak in 2013, the northern lights are expected to become a regular sight at high latitudes. However, as some of this activity can be particularly strong, it may be possible to see auroral displays from Ireland!
Join our free Friends of Astronomy Ireland email newsletter and get alerts about the northern lights, as well as regular emails about events, astronomy, and more.

Want to know what to see in the sky each month? Want to read reports on everything people are seeing in Irish skies?
Friends of Astronomy Ireland

Dublin 4

Ya might be gettin bludgeoned in the gutter but ya can still look up at a Comet :p

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
I dont know what it is you're smoking, drinking or otherwise ingesting but I want some.:)
I travel a lot and I love to pull into the motorway pitstops and pullout the google-sky android app to view the darkness. You dont need any special skill to see these great steller events.

Last edited:

pragmaticapproach

I travel a lot and I love to pull into the motorway pitstops and pullout the google-sky android app to view the darkness. You dont need anything to see these great steller events.
I took a brief interest in astronomy as a nipper, unfortunately, if I remember correctly, me and my buddies found another use for the telescope during the summer months(it was capable of peering into back gardens nearly a mile away), it was all downhill from there :lol:

mhagain

If there was a just god he would have also stopped boring sh-ite responses like this.
@Telemachus - I see you liked this, but please don't get the idea that it means I approve of or agree with your own particular views on subjects connected to the post I quoted. That post was just a typical boring sh-ite response that indicates an inability to have fun on a Friday night, and calling it out as such has no connection whatsoever to the subject matter.

Dublin 4

Downloading that Sky App- supposedly :roll:

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Bit mixed cloud-wise under after thursday here at least.

Starwatch: Look west for Comet PANSTARRS | Science | The Guardian

Britain's earliest sight of Comet PANSTARRS may come on 12 March when it is 6° high and 6° to the left of the very slender Moon in the W forty minutes after sunset. Binoculars and a pristine western horizon are needed to see either of them in the bright twilight but the prospects are improving as the comet climbs and is visible longer each night in a darkening sky. It lies 7° below and right of the more obvious earthlit Moon on the 13th.