• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

2017-18 Football Season: Who's the b*****d in the black? (Original Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levellers

Reports saying Arsenal could be close to signing Lucas Torreira and Bernd Leno. Caglar Soyuncu's agent has said there are talks to sign him from Freiburg. It also looks like Papastathopoulos is coming and that's on to already signing Lichtsteiner.

Definitely a more proactive approach from previous summers and I don't think it's any coincidence to see this since Wenger left where his dithering in the transfer market hindered them hugely in the past.

Full power looks to be given to Sanllehi and Mislintat to close these deals where before Wenger was getting too involved in the value market of signings vetoing deals on the basis of it. Dick Law worked to his template and in the modern day game a manager has to be detached from this.
Papastathopoulos will be worth a fortune in the club shop with shirts.

gooner

corporal punishment

Don't be surprised if Timo Horn turns up instead of Leno. He is the preferred target but there are issues with his release clause.

Edit: have been possessed by the spirit of Betson as news agencies are saying Arsenal have signed Leno.
There are also whisperings of a marquee singing post world cup. no names yet.

Last edited:

corporal punishment

Pffft moi remembers... Armstrong, Billy Hamilton, Still Billy Hamilton, he's gone past Tendillo ... Arconada... Armstrong !
I remember supporting the North in that world cup, as did a lot of Irish soccer fans and feeling quite disappointed when they were all bitter and nasty when we qualified for the WC 8 years later.

statsman

It's all happening in Spain.

Rumours abound that they're about to sack their manager for taking the RM job (I can't imagine how the Barca and Atletico players in the squad feel about him).

Lemar moving to Atletico, sparking Griezmann to Barca rumours.

The actual WC may turn out to be less entertaining that the off-field stuff.

Round tower

Rumours abound that they're about to sack their manager for taking the RM job (I can't imagine how the Barca and Atletico players in the squad feel about him).

What a **** up, their must be big trouble in the Spannish camp, why was the anouncement not left till after the WC, a press conferance involving the manager has being delayed twice, talk of him being even sacked.,

SPAIN HAS SACKED THEIR MANAGER

This is even a bigger story than Keano/ROI in Saipan in 02, this could ruin Spain chances of wining the WC

statsman

What a **** up, their must be big trouble in the Spannish camp, why was the anouncement not left till after the WC, a press conferance involving the manager has being delayed twice, talk of him being even sacked.
This is even a bigger story than Keano/ROI in Saipan in 02, this could ruin Spain chances of wining the WC
He's gone. Absolute madness. RM really are a shower of sh1ts.

statsman

Apparently the Spanish FA didn't know he was talking to RM and were told what was happening 5 minutes before the press release announcing his appointment.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
I remember supporting the North in that world cup, as did a lot of Irish soccer fans and feeling quite disappointed when they were all bitter and nasty when we qualified for the WC 8 years later.
I even had a Pat Jennings haircut.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com

The Lemar move might be to keep Griezeman on.

Banjo Baker

Any fellow supporters of Leatherhead FC on here?

Oh Leather Leather, Leather, Leather, Leather, Leather, Leatherhead!!

That's the song we sing on the terraces of Fetcham Grove.

Levellers

Any fellow supporters of Leatherhead FC on here?

Oh Leather Leather, Leather, Leather, Leather, Leather, Leatherhead!!

That's the song we sing on the terraces of Fetcham Grove.
Leatherhead fans usually hide on here. Who wants to be saddled with that?

soubresauts

About Lopetegui...

He's gone. Absolute madness. RM really are a shower of sh1ts.
Apparently, but Florentino Perez is not the only one being blamed. Lopetegui himself surely has a lot of the responsibility.

Xavi among others has said the federation acted correctly in sacking the coach, but some football people think it could have been handled better, that the sacking wasn't necessary right now, especially two days before the crucial match.

Anyway, it makes tomorrow's match even more fascinating. You'd wonder what sorts of conversations are taking place in the Spanish squad, but if any players are capable of dealing professionally with such earthquakes, the Spaniards are the ones.

statsman

About Lopetegui...

Apparently, but Florentino Perez is not the only one being blamed. Lopetegui himself surely has a lot of the responsibility.

Xavi among others has said the federation acted correctly in sacking the coach, but some football people think it could have been handled better, that the sacking wasn't necessary right now, especially two days before the crucial match.

Anyway, it makes tomorrow's match even more fascinating. You'd wonder what sorts of conversations are taking place in the Spanish squad, but if any players are capable of dealing professionally with such earthquakes, the Spaniards are the ones.
How could he have handled the Atletico and Barca players in the team?

Plus, there is a 'no deals during the WC' agreement in place for the players in the squad, and then he goes and does that. He had to go.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com

sic transit

How could he have handled the Atletico and Barca players in the team?

Plus, there is a 'no deals during the WC' agreement in place for the players in the squad, and then he goes and does that. He had to go.
It really does stink of RM shamelessness above everything else and that is Perez through and through. I wish him and them the worst possible season, as usual! :D

I am surprised they even waited. I think he should have been given his marching orders the minute the Spanish FA found out. Falta de respecto(lack of respect) as they say in Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies