2017: How to stop the rise of authoritarianism

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
People who fail to recognize Trump or Fillon as authoritarian, are people who are highly unlikely to combat authoritarianism

Authoritarians tend to hate the truth ...and like half talk and euphemisms, even when shovelling the people into the ovens

Parallels with the 1930's as to the magnitude of the threat are merited ...but this world is much more globalised and connected...so the nature is different

Picador above is an angry, lonely pensioner...who has made false reports, in order that the authorities clamp doen on his enemies... that's authoritarian

cyp

Dame_Enda

Economic inequality has reached new extremes under globalisation. Time for a measure of wealth redistribution and protectionism to slow down the exodus of industry to the Far East. Inequality will always be with us but govt should try to reduce it instead of celebrating it. Greed is not good.

storybud1

In 2016 the authoritarians did well...Trump, Duerte, Erdogan, Putin all had a good year

Authoritarianism deepened in India and China... and showed its face more in Poland and Hungary

France will fall to either Fillon or Le Pen - both odious creatures

Merkel is teetering, Italy and the UK are dysfunctional ...

Intolerant PC values have infested college campuses and many workplaces - economic populism (ie illiberalism) is now beloved of the Left and Right ... attrocities rage unanswered in Syria

How can those who believe in Freedom be most effective ?

cyp
France, Brexit, Merkel, etc, = 3rd world immigration out of control , it is a reaction, not authoritarianism , sure Obama "directed" schools have tranny toilets and rode in on a wave of "Populism", with the "Yes we Can" bullsh1t, if others on the right use "populism" it is called Nazism or some other snowflake distraction.

Odious creatures like Blair and Merkel , Clinton, Obama, are just as dangerous and only get a free ride from the looney liberal media because they tow the liberal line to the extreme.

All that is happening is checks and balances, only two shops were open in the town on Christmas day in my town, both were empty and doing ZERO business, the muslim chipper and the halal poundshop/rubbish,, they still chose to open despite it being not worth their while,,

Says it all, the many Chinese and the single Indian takeaway never open on Christmas day,,

I hope Europe can re-discover Europe less the liberal loons and fookwit dangerous bastids like Merkel, we need people that have a plan, not lunatics that says, anything goes,,

west'sawake

Happy Christmas Cyp
Happy St Stephen's day too.

Not sure if I agree that those on the new right = Authoritarian. I remember in my LC History days, in the early 80s, when history text books had that synonymous with Fascism so we should be careful of its use and not inadvertently fall into the narrative most of the mainstream media here, at least, seems to want us to accept.

Think about it, the views Trump, Putin, et al hold, are not different to pre 60s conservatism. The pendulum inevitably swings back and you have alluded to one of the reasons your good self, the intolerance now apparent to a critical mass, that stems from PC liberalism, cultural marxism, where anyone who is not in that mould is looked on as if they are some kind of dinosaur, looked on with smug dismay, looked on with disgust and an increasingly arrogant dismissiveness.

There are strange new hybrids afoot too that the old conservatives would run a mile from, but are now embraced as allies against the PC liberal left, thus new 'heroes' like Milo Yianopolous with his in your face un pc dangerous faggot tour, Milo a fan of Trump.

I think we will see, yet again, social democrats, liberal, and 'progressive', become labels of insult, as when Reagan could put down Walter Mondale as a liberal, all because the liberals have become caricatures of themselves, and well, illiberal, and 'authoritarian'. Likewise with the Media, especially in Ireland and the U.S. We cheer led as much for Hillary as the mainstream media did in the U.S. Indeed of over 300 mainstream State and Nationwide newspapers in the U.S. only about 15% backed Trump.

Last edited:

olli rehn

In 2016 the authoritarians did well...Trump, Duerte, Erdogan, Putin all had a good year

Authoritarianism deepened in India and China... and showed its face more in Poland and Hungary

France will fall to either Fillon or Le Pen - both odious creatures

Merkel is teetering, Italy and the UK are dysfunctional ...

Intolerant PC values have infested college campuses and many workplaces - economic populism (ie illiberalism) is now beloved of the Left and Right ... attrocities rage unanswered in Syria

How can those who believe in Freedom be most effective ?

cyp
They will all rise and follow Charlie.....

picador

Dunno that it'll be very effective, but blaming immigrants and refugees seems to be quite a popular choice.

Politicians who have enabled uncontrolled immigration don't seem too popular at the polls. I guess that's called DEMOCRACY.

Mitsui2

Politicians who have enabled uncontrolled immigration don't seem too popular at the polls. I guess that's called DEMOCRACY.
No offence, Pic, but no matter what subject you fixate on it soon becomes clear that you're a plain old obsessive. I can think of no subject, however dear to my heart, where I'd regard having you on the same side as an advantage. Like far too many p.ie folk these days, you generate far more heat than light.

picador

No offence, Pic, but no matter what subject you fixate on it soon becomes clear that you're a plain old obsessive. I can think of no subject, however dear to my heart, where I'd regard having you on the same side as an advantage. Like far too many p.ie folk these days, you generate far more heat than light.
Yes, and you just troll and make personalised remarks. And whine about the outcomes of democratic elections.

stopdoingstuff

At this stage I am not sure if we can. The public gets what the public deserves.

Mitsui2

Yes, and you just troll and make personalised remarks. And whine about the outcomes of democratic elections.
I whined about the outcome of no democratic election. Worried about some, and laughed at some, sure. But I suspect I'm too happy with the universe to actually whine.

Mitsui2

At this stage I am not sure if we can. The public gets what the public deserves.
Well it gets what it votes for, round our way at least. Then it complains about it. I guess that's humanity for you.

PS Hope you've been in some smokey rooms over the season. The nipper was outraged to find his local coffeeshop shut on Christmas Day. Wanted to know on the phone what the point of this whole Reformation thing had been. I had to give him full marks for historical irony even in distress.

Last edited:

Kommunist

> Thread about authoritarianism
> Doesn't define authoritarianism

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies