2017 Military Strength Ranking - Congratulations Ireland!

Catalpast

2017 Military Strength Ranking - Congratulations Ireland!:

Yes Folks its stats like this that gives me confidence that Ireland can take on all comers

- and hold our own!:cool:

The complete Global Firepower list for 2017 puts the military powers of the world into full perspective.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

Peace through superior firepower and all that like ....

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Israel 15th, oh the Hasbara to the rescue !! Maybe they could accompany it with some sad fiddle music from Shindler's list and tell us how the poor the little Israeli's needs even more billions wasted on them :roll:

Last edited:

Wascurito

I can only assume that post #3 is due to a whole day inhaling fumes from green diesel.

occams_butterknife

If we are ever invaded, our main weapon of resistance will be sabotage (e.g. slowing down productivity in factories etc).

Some good stuff here.. Of course, being Irish, we do a lot of it naturally.

http://www.businessinsider.com/oss-manual-sabotage-productivity-2015-11

In 1944, the CIA's precursor, the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), distributed a secret pamphlet that was intended as a guidebook to citizens living in Axis nations who were sympathetic to the Allies.

The "Simple Sabotage Field Manual," declassified in 2008 and available on the CIA's website, provided instructions for how everyday people could help the Allies weaken their country by reducing production in factories, offices, and transportation lines.
Organizations and Conferences

Insist on doing everything through "channels." Never permit short-cuts to be taken in order to expedite decisions.
Make "speeches." Talk as frequently as possible and at great length. Illustrate your "points" by long anecdotes and accounts of personal experiences.
When possible, refer all matters to committees, for "further study and consideration." Attempt to make the committee as large as possible — never less than five.
Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.
Haggle over precise wordings of communications, minutes, resolutions.
Refer back to matters decided upon at the last meeting and attempt to re-open the question of the advisability of that decision.
Advocate "caution." Be "reasonable" and urge your fellow-conferees to be "reasonable"and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments or difficulties later on.

Malcolm Redfellow

Website
redfellow.blogspot.com
Twitter
mredfellow
There's at least one country on that list that has no legal status, internationally. There's at least one country not on the list which has an army (800+) and where all EU aircraft (all 17 of them) are registered.

Personally, I'd regard being excluded from that list as a mark of some dignity.

Wascurito

Tiny, politically insignificant nation doesn't have massive military firepower.

Hold the front page!
As I've said in other posts, maintaining good relations where possible, being a good guy internationally and not sticking one's nose in where it's not wanted is as good (if not better) a way of keeping one's citizens safe as having a massive army.

OrderoftheDragon

A lot of Africans states there, how many hundreds of millions do we give in foreign aid again ?

Civic_critic2

As I've said in other posts, maintaining good relations where possible, being a good guy internationally and not sticking one's nose in where it's not wanted is as good (if not better) a way of keeping one's citizens safe as having a massive army.
This is the combined wisdom of 800 years of invasion, genocide, imprisonment, mass repression, political disenfranchisement and military saturation. Truly we have such wise heads in this country. Or should that be frightened little ostriches?

Mick Mac

Ireland isnt on the list.
If you read the assessment criteria it doesn't take into account our nuclear capabilities.

I'd rank us top 12

Wascurito

Last edited:

Mick Mac

Civic_critic2

You again. What's your plan? Oh yeah, mass exterminations of anyone you don't like.
The way to deal with an invader is to blow his head off. If you can't do that expect 800 years of being fked in the ass and no amount of 'being nice to people internationally' is going to come to your rescue. That's head-in-the-sand stuff from the kind of personality type produced by a client state.

flavirostris

We're behind Sweden. That is bad. A country which has compulsory transgender quotas for all fighting units and whose elite divisions are equipped with vibrating action dildoes instead of rifles.

Clanrickard

There's at least one country on that list that has no legal status, internationally. There's at least one country not on the list which has an army (800+) and where all EU aircraft (all 17 of them) are registered.

Personally, I'd regard being excluded from that list as a mark of some dignity.
I consider it selfish laziness.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies