• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

2017 Six Nations Thread

statsman

Well, the squad is announced, with uncapped players and major concerns around Sexton;s fitness.

Uncapped players and Sexton's fitness - 5 talking points from Schmidt's Six Nations squad

Very pleased to see the Scannell brothers both in, and Rory may get some bench time if Sexton has problems. Also great to see Bowe back, always liked the guy as a player.

I'm thinking England are likely to do the Slam this year, with us in second place, but I hope I'm wrong and we beat them.

GDPR

Well, the squad is announced, with uncapped players and major concerns around Sexton;s fitness.

Uncapped players and Sexton's fitness - 5 talking points from Schmidt's Six Nations squad

Very pleased to see the Scannell brothers both in, and Rory may get some bench time if Sexton has problems. Also great to see Bowe back, always liked the guy as a player.

I'm thinking England are likely to do the Slam this year, with us in second place, but I hope I'm wrong and we beat them.
They're bigger, we're better, but imo it depends completely on who we have still standing for the match between us, last game for both.

Calculusmadeeasy

Looking forward to this years competition. Great idea btw having a thread devoted to it. We can set our political/idealistic differences aside for one thread, and focus on the world's finest sport.

ger12

A game for gentlemen eh ...

Calculusmadeeasy

Conditions should be the same for all teams everywhere. The roof should be open at all times, in my view.
Every year this issue hits the sports pages.

Howley seems to think that their loss v Aus during the AIs was because the roof was open.

They got creamed because they were ************************e.

PBP voter

A game for gentlemen eh ...

You have been had.

The original is photo is this.

Hardly surprising this youngster is behaving badly if his parents bring him to football matches-especially in Holland.

amsterdemmetje

You have been had.

Hardly surprising this youngster is behaving badly if his parents bring him to football matches-especially in Holland.
Ive been to many football matches in Holland over many years , of what do you speak?

D

Deleted member 17573

You have been had.

I just hope that's real blood on that young fella's face and not his sister's makeup.

PBP voter

Six Nations outright:
England 10/11
Ireland 9/4
Wales 6/1
France 12/1
Scotland 25/1
Italy 1000/1

To complete the Grans Slam.
England 5/2
Ireland 5/1
Wales 6/1
France 20/1
Scotland 33/1
Italy 2000/1 Top

If Wales got rid of Gatland I would tip them to win it out. he is just holding them back at this stage I feel.

Round tower

England if they win the matches up to when they play Ire., they will not only be chasing the grand slam they will be also chasing the New Zealand record of 18 wins in a row, be great if we shatter both 4 months

gerhard dengler

England if they win the matches up to when they play Ire., they will not only be chasing the grand slam they will be also chasing the New Zealand record of 18 wins in a row, be great if we shatter both 4 months
England are a fine side.

Not that there is a chance in Hell that this would happen - there is no chance that Schmidt would permit this team to assume that all they have to do is to turn up to beat Wales, Italy, France and Scotland. Or to assume that this is a foregone conclusion that this tournament is going to be won by either England or Ireland.

PBP voter

[video=youtube;pBY4PMk39QM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBY4PMk39QM[/video]

Probably the best song about a rugby weekend!

Round tower

England are a fine side.

Not that there is a chance in Hell that this would happen - there is no chance that Schmidt would permit this team to assume that all they have to do is to turn up to beat Wales, Italy, France and Scotland. Or to assume that this is a foregone conclusion that this tournament is going to be won by either England or Ireland.
That is not what i said, it is very likely that when Eng. come to play us on March 18th they will be going for the quadruple, the championship, triple crown, grand slam and a new 19 game unbeaten run. Ire. has 2 tough away games against Scotland and Wales while before they com e to Dublin they have only Wales away.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies