2018 State of the Union Address by President Donald J. Trump

Surkov

With less that 19 hours to go until the SOTU address, anticipation is starting to build. Will this SOTU address exceed the 50 million viewers mark?

Everything to know about the State of the Union address

What will be the main points of the address...

• Economy
  • National Security
  • Budget
  • Immigration
  • Healthcare

What else and what points are likely to be made under any of these topic headings?

What will be the response by the Dems (to be delivered by Joe Kennedy III)?

I wonder what the single most important topic will be from President's perpective, and also from Joe Kennedy's perspective.

Analyzer

The Dinnypendent will declare that it is all wrong, even before Trump opens his mouth.

[ It must be hard betting 25 Million USD on the wrong horse in the Pennsylvania Avenue stakes, 2016 ???? ].

D

Deleted member 48908

I'd also expect a nod to infrastructure improvements.

Could be interesting if someone invited Stormy Daniels along as their guest.

blinding

Trump is doing a great job . I am sure this will be more great stuff .

Analyzer

Dressed in a black dress with #TimesUp and #MeToo emblazoned on it.
Stormy consented. It was transactional. Unlike Slick Willy and 1) Juanita Broderick 2) Jennifer Flowers 3) Paula Jones, and more...

#Timesup might be what Melania pondering.....

Betson

Whatever he says those covering it in the media already have their minds made up on it. And this is where most people get 'their impression' of the speech , rather than watching it themselves and making thier own minds up.

Fox will praise it saying it was strong rallying call and vision for America etc , CNN , NY TIMES etc , etc will say it was sexist , racist and like something out of Nuremberg in the 30's/40s.

One group conducted an experiment by going to a few liberal Colleges last week and interviewing students asking them what they thought of Trumps state of the union speech this year, of course they all hated it. This is a speech he has not given yet.

Strawberry

It doesn't make any difference what's in his speech - Trump, with the enablement of the Republican party, has become a dictator.

Surkov

It doesn't make any difference what's in his speech - Trump, with the enablement of the Republican party, has become a dictator.
A democratically elected 'dictator' who hasn't started any wars, hasn't shut down a single news outlet or had a single journalist arrested, hasn't had anyone killed... last I checked implacable foes like Pelosi, McCain, Clinton, etc. are all still breathing and are all capable of speaking freely.

According to your definition of dictator, I presume everyone who even vaguely disagrees with you is seen as one...

Strawberry

A democratically elected 'dictator' who hasn't started any wars, hasn't shut down a single news outlet or had a single journalist arrested, hasn't had anyone killed... last I checked implacable foes like Pelosi, McCain, Clinton, etc. are all still breathing and are all capable of speaking freely.

According to your definition of dictator, I presume everyone who even vaguely disagrees with you is seen as one...
A lot of dictators start out as democratically elected and take a while to deteriorate into starting wars, shutting down news outlets, etc. Its already started with Trump, let's see where he is by 2020.

Betson

A lot of dictators start out as democratically elected and take a while to deteriorate into starting wars, shutting down news outlets, etc. Its already started with Trump, let's see where he is by 2020.
What has already started?

What war has he started and what news outlet has he shut down?

Surkov

You clearly said Trump is a dictator. You're attempts to roll back that statement are pathetic.

Meanwhile, getting back to reality, the US economy is booming, North Korea has been brought to heel and ISIS are suffering defeat after defeat.

redneck

50 years ago today, all hell broke lose in the US and South east Asia. The great "Tet offensive" started the beginning of the end of US supremacy. In the US, Martin Luther King was assasinated, Robert Kennedy also. President Johnson withdrew and there were riots all over. I wonder will any one mention this?

Surkov

What has already started?

What war has he started and what news outlet has he shut down?
An economic boom has started in the US.

The defeat of ISIS has not just started, it is well and truly underway.

Expect more good news in 2018, and expect more hysteria from the left. Lots more!

SeanieFitz

I not a fan of Trump but referring to him as a dictator or comparing him to Stalin is ridiculous

BBC showed a 3 part documentary where Miriam Margolyes (hates Trump) drove from Chicago to New Orelans to try and establish American values, it was very interesting. She interviewed a cross section of people, white, black, women prisoners, farmers, sheriff, white supremacists etc however it was her exchanges with working class Trump voters that was most interesting. Having listened to them (some former Democratic voters) I understood why they took a chance on Trump. I wouldn't vote for him myself however I understood why they did.

Strawberry

You clearly said Trump is a dictator. You're attempts to roll back that statement are pathetic.

Meanwhile, getting back to reality, the US economy is booming, North Korea has been brought to heel and ISIS are suffering defeat after defeat.
The main accusation against Trump is that he promised the Russians he wouldn't impose sanctions in return for them interfering in the election. US intelligence agencies, as well as independent internet companies ranging from analysists to those whose platforms were used to spread disinformation, agree that there was interference in the election, and today Trump issued a statement that he is not imposing sanctions on Russia, despite the fact that there is a bipartisan bill to that effect. And all the while he and his minions are falling over themselves to discredit the FBI and their investigation into allegations of collusion with Russia.

Trump is a dictator, I don't care how understandable the reasons for disillusioned working class people who voted for him. They were conned.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies