2020 - Democratic Presidential debates

firefly123

Interesting sidebar. Capital P for Pence likewise Capital M’s and C for Mitch McConnell while the President just gets a t.
Because trump is a word that means something else so my predictive text on my phone does it lower case. I must have copped it for Pence and it does it automatically for McConnell

No great conspiracy.

Although I will be sure to do it from now on.

Ardillaun

John Delaney can’t even get noticed. You’d think being such a vocal supporter of free trade would at least get him some hostile attention from the lefties, but no.

jimbohane

With 3 of Democrat Presidential candidates vying for President Trumps job, how truthfully can they claim to be impartial as a juror.
No wonder Trump and his legal team are laughing their asses off at the delusional Democrats.

GabhaDubh

No wonder Trump and his legal team are laughing their asses off at the delusional Democrats.
Convenient that the GAO report was released on same day that Articles of Impeachment were presented to the Senate. During President Obama’s administration the GAO filed 7 such reports (never remember any talk of Impeachment). When this debacle first started, I wrote on here, my fear that the magnitude of Impeachment will be diminished.

pablabel12

So what happened to "no Quid pro Quo", you guys make it up as you go along. Lies to cover lies.

jimbohane

It's their constitution and according to it Trump's actions do not warrant impeachment. Do you not agree?

NYCKY

They're back and tonight the action is in Manchester New Hampshire. Seven candidates have qualified, Biden, Bernie, Buttigieg, Warren, Kloubacher, Yang and Steyer, with Yang being back after missing the last debate.

The NH primary is next Tuesday and tonight Buttigieg will probably come under assault from all sides.

Dame_Enda

NH primary debate livestream. 78 minutes in. Apologies for delay but I only just realised it had already started.

NYCKY

Another good night for Kloubacher (arguably the winner) , not sure it's enough or too little too late but a good vote here on Tuesday could allow her to continue. Pete had a decent night and seemed well prepared for the punches. All the candidates had their moments.

Sync

The media response to Sanders doing so well is really funny. One talking head was saying how Amy finishing 3rd was “almost better than sanders finishing first”.

NYCKY

The media response to Sanders doing so well is really funny. One talking head was saying how Amy finishing 3rd was “almost better than sanders finishing first”.
To be fair, Sanders based on polling was expected to do well. Sanders didn't do as well as last time (albeit in a less crowded field) but a win as a win, but Kloubachers performance was great here. She surged to third ahead of better known and better funded rivals.

O'Sullivan Bere

Good quiz! I got Biden/Bloomberg/Bennet jointly! I disagreed most with Warren, Sanders and Buttigieg in that order.
We scored similarly except for Buttigieg. Biden/Bloomberg came in top with Warren/Sanders at the bottom. I'm surprised Buttigeig came in bottom end for you whilst Biden and Bloomberg came in best. Buttigieg finished just two questions less than the top draw between Biden and Bloomberg and Klobuchar also did well. The more left they went, the worse they did. In fairness, some of the questions I was on the fence with and if made more specific, I might go the other way on it and I doubt that's uncommon in such polls.

I got no agreement as expected on the Hyde Amendment with any of them: "Current law prohibits the use of federal funding for abortions, except in cases of rape, incest or when the health of the mother is at risk. Federal funding for abortions (should/should not) not be restricted." I don't think the taxpayers should be obligated to pay for abortions outside those exceptions because it's more clearly elective and it's too controversial a topic to make opponents fund such choices.

Last edited:

A Voice

We scored similarly except for Buttigieg. Biden/Bloomberg came in top with Warren/Sanders at the bottom. I'm surprised Buttigeig came in bottom end for you whilst Biden and Bloomberg came in best. Buttigieg finish just two questions less than the top draw between Biden and Bloomberg and Klobuchar also did well. The more left they went, the worse they did. In fairness, some of the questions I was on the fence with and if made more specific, I might go the other way on it and I doubt that's uncommon in such polls.

I got no agreement as expected on the Hyde Amendment with any of them: "Current law prohibits the use of federal funding for abortions, except in cases of rape, incest or when the health of the mother is at risk. Federal funding for abortions (should/should not) not be restricted." I don't think the taxpayers should be obligated to pay for abortions outside those exceptions because it's more clearly elective and it's too controversial a topic to make opponents fund such choices.

We're both Dems at heart, in the moderate-conservative wing, but I am less sanguine about their direction of travel than you. So I jumped ship and will take some convincing to go back. I see them as in thrall to minority politics and middle class radicals. The parallels with Britain's Labour are remarkable. There also, the Conservatives have ensconced themselves as the natural party of government.

NYCKY

The candidates are back in action tonight in Las Vegas, Nevada in advance of the caucus there this Saturday.

Billionaire Tom Steyer didn't make the cut but he will be replaced by fellow billionaire Mayor Mike Bloomberg who has been surging in the polls. However, Bloomberg is not a candidate in the Caucus on Saturday or the Primary in South Carolina the following Saturday having opted to skip the early contests and is expected to come in for a lot of punches tonight.

The other five candidates are Buttigieg, Warren, Kloubacher, Sanders and Biden who are the only five to have been in all debates thus far.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies