• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

25 Doctors get paid over 470k from medical cards, so much for reform!

kkkkkkkkkk

GPs earning up to

The highest earners in 2011 were two practices in Dublin south-west, each of which received €650,000, while a doctor in Kerry got €616,019 from the schemes.
The doctors receive a yearly capitation fee per patient and also get other allowances and payments for services, such as vaccinating children, as well as financial assistance to employ a practice nurse.
Some 23 GPs earned over €470,000
418 GP's being within the most common scale of €270,000-€370,000.

these figures don't even include the private money the doctors make

what reform is that
is Reilly still looking after his buddies
wonder what a GP in Germany or the UK earn

the doctors payments from the HSE in 2010,
the biggest payment was 846,517 euros.

http://www.hse.ie/eng/staff/PCRS/PCRS_Publications/paymentstodoctors2010.pdf

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 17573

GPs earning up to

The highest earners in 2011 were two practices in Dublin south-west, each of which received €650,000, while a doctor in Kerry got €616,019 from the schemes.
The doctors receive a yearly capitation fee per patient and also get other allowances and payments for services, such as vaccinating children, as well as financial assistance to employ a practice nurse.

what reform is that

These are not necessarily the earnings of individual doctors - they can be payments to practices with any number of doctors. That was mentioned in the article but, needless to say, wasn't exactly highlighted.

nakatomi

GPs earning up to

what reform is that
More vilification from the Indo,

They did not earn 650k, the money is paid to a practice which would have a number or doctors, nurses, clerical staff overheads etc,

Old Irish

These are not necessarily the earnings of individual doctors - they can be payments to practices with any number of doctors. That was mentioned in the article but, needless to say, wasn't exactly highlighted.
Oh well that makes these payments ok then :roll: You're such a head melt Sailor

kkkkkkkkkk

it amazing
mention legal fees or doctors fees
and the legal leeches supporters clubs
or
the too much dough doctors supporters club
line up in support

Merovingian

Well it is a per capita payment. The more patients you see the more you are paid. Ergo large multi-GP practices get paid a large sum. Small single handed practices less. Thevquestion is how much should you get paid per patient not what is the total sum. See they are not releasing the names. A few years back a GP mentioned in the list was subjected to a terrifying home invasion robbery a week or two later. Guess they got a kicking over that

D

Deleted member 17573

it amazing
mention legal fees or doctors fees
and the supporters clubs line up in support
There is no supporters club, merely people who deal in facts - and your OP was far from factual in that it neglected to distinguish between individual doctors and medical practices.

Old Irish

Can you please explain - in clear, concise English!
Well considering that most practices don't have much more than 3 to 4 doctors the figures being paid to them is obscene. If you want me to explain why I think you are a head melt would take alot longer, but I have an inkling you might know why alot of people on this site think you are a head melt.

D

Deleted member 17573

Well considering that most practices don't have much more than 3 to 4 doctors the figures being paid to them is obscene. If you want me to explain why I think you are a head melt would take alot longer, but I have an inkling you might know why alot of people on this site think you are a head melt.
Go on, tell me and I'll convey your comments to my psychiatrist. He might find them useful in assessing at least one of us.

White Horse

The problem arises due to 1.8m people being on medical cards.

No wonder some GP's are earning big amounts.

Slash the number of medical cards and this won't be an issue.

Old Irish

Do facts get in the way of your vilification ?

Excuse me I think the only vilification come from the GP's themselves with these figures. The figures speak for themselves. The health sector and GPs in Ireland especially sicken my ar**

Old Irish

Are you for real? Slash the amount of medical cards? I don't bloody think so, more like cut how much GP's get from these cards more like :roll:

kkkkkkkkkk

don't think this is correct

doctors get a set area, and he gets all the money from the area
no other doctor can get in on his patch

so he gets all the money

nakatomi

Its like a school, they get a capitation for the pupils - It does not mean the principal earns all the money-- .......am I going to quick for you?

Sierra

Do you think people should not be paid for providing a service? GP's would be getting more if they were charging medical card holders a fee every time they attended for a consultation as is the case with private patients.

Popular Threads

Most Replies