250,000 March in London Against Cuts to NHS

making waves

250,000 people march in Londin today to protest against the attempt by the Tory government to destroy the NHS. There is now an enormous potential for a countrywide fightback against the austerity programme of the Tories.

250,000 march in London to support NHS

Roll_On

The British people voted for the Tories, in a landslide, they support these policies. Much like the vast majority of Irish people endorsed charging for water in the 2011 election.

Besides I thought the ample BREXIT money was going to be given to the NHS? What happened to that plan? All that money saved from Brussels' coffers must have cone somewhere right? Oh yeah never mind.

toughbutfair

The British people voted for the Tories, in a landslide, they support these policies. Much like the vast majority of Irish people endorsed charging for water in the 2011 election.

Besides I thought the ample BREXIT money was going to be given to the NHS? What happened to that plan? All that money saved from Brussels' coffers must have cone somewhere right? Oh yeah never mind.
36.9% of voters voted for the tories, 63.1% voted for other parties

rainmaker

Administrator
250,000 people march in Londin today to protest against the attempt by the Tory government to destroy the NHS. There is now an enormous potential for a countrywide fightback against the austerity programme of the Tories.

250,000 march in London to support NHS
Yes, perhaps if we had a credible, electable leader of the opposition capable of holding the government to account then they might not have had to march in the first place.

venusian

Landslide? You need to revisit the results of the first past the post system our British chums have!

sgtharper

250,000 people march in Londin today to protest against the attempt by the Tory government to destroy the NHS.
What attempt is this? I must be missing it.

comet

The Conservatives got 37%, how the fuk is that a landslide?

making waves

Yes, perhaps if we had a credible, electable leader of the opposition capable of holding the government to account then they might not have had to march in the first place.
Someone like Tony Blair perhaps - the architect of NHS privatisation

rainmaker

Administrator
Someone like Tony Blair perhaps - the architect of NHS privatisation
You seem unable to comprehend or discuss any issue without shoehorning Tony Blair into the subject.

He really annoys you doesn't he - & it must smart that even after the wars people still prefer him & gave Blair the kind of landslides Corbyn can only cream of.

rainmaker

Administrator
Corbyn can't be bought thats the problem.
The problem is the public have not warmed to him, they do not view him as competent and they cannot see him as a PM. His approval ratings are the lowest of any leader in the post war period.

I recall minus 40% was mentioned in the recent by election humiliation.

And the excuses & scapegoating made for his disastrous tenure as leader are genuinely laughable.

redsaint

The problem is the public have not warmed to him, they do not view him as competent and they cannot see him as a PM. His approval ratings are the lowest of any leader in the post war period.

I recall minus 40% was mentioned in the recent by election humiliation.

And the excuses & scapegoating made for his disastrous tenure as leader are genuinely laughable.
Who do you think owns all the media in the UK,why do you think the rags like the Mail,Sun, BBC,I could go on dislike him so much.He must be doing something right.

rainmaker

Administrator
Who do you think owns all the media in the UK,why do you think the rags like the Mail,Sun, BBC,I could go on dislike him so much.He must be doing something right.
They treat him no worse than any other politician & to be honest this kind of blaming the media, victim playing is as tedious from Corbyn as it is from Trump - he's had it easy compared to Ed Milibands treatment by the likes of the Mail.

comet

Corbyn can't be bought thats the problem.
Have you ever heard of the acronym MICE? It is how you can control a person.

Money, bribe the person.

Ideology, particularly religious ideology.

Coercion, if not the person, the family, people will do almost anything to protect a family member.

Ego, praise the target, inflate their self esteem ( especially successful on those in a " professional occupation " ).

Well none of the above can be used on Corbyn. Whatever your views on his politics he is the cleanest leader of a British political party in living memory. That is why the establishment desperately wants rid of him.

Last edited:

comet

They treat him no worse than any other politician & to be honest this kind of blaming the media, victim playing is as tedious from Corbyn as it is from Trump - he's had it easy compared to Ed Milibands treatment by the likes of the Mail.
Utter utter nonsense, not a single Corbyn supporter has appeared on any political panel. Yet all the selected panalists are trying to gut him and he has no method of replying, please explain?

New Threads

Most Replies