26% of UK voters use Facebook as primary media source

Breanainn

But only 11% actually trust it, which highlights the lack of regulation and verification standards applying to social media. TV news is the primary media source, with 33% viewing and 39% trusting, while online news is considered the next most-reliable with 19% trust, and 23% consumption. Unsurprisingly, print is a dying medium, with only 8% consumption, and 10% trust:

https://mobile.twitter.com/britainelects/status/932311673335054336

Spanner Island

I dont use Facebook is there something wrong with me.
No - there is nothing wrong with you... just as there is nothing wrong with most of the 2 billion+ people who have an account.

Facebook is dying though... cos it's sh!t...

It was handy back in the day as it was basically Friends Reunited without the fee...

Now however, and as a result of the 'money parasites' getting involved a while back now, it's just a crappy media company that does little other than pollute users timelines with fake news, adverts, suggested content and general boll*cks based on profiling...

It's really really tedious and the UI and UX are both pretty horrendous too...

For anyone to rely on Facebook as their only news source however... is a sign of being an imbecile...

sic transit

No - there is nothing wrong with you... just as there is nothing wrong with most of the 2 billion+ people who have an account.

Facebook is dying though... cos it's sh!t...

It was handy back in the day as it was basically Friends Reunited without the fee...

Now however, and as a result of the 'money parasites' getting involved a while back now, it's just a crappy media company that does little other than pollute users timelines with fake news, adverts, suggested content and general boll*cks based on profiling...

It's really really tedious and the UI and UX are both pretty horrendous too...

For anyone to rely on Facebook as their only news source however... is a sign of being an imbecile...
2bn users says it's not dying and its finances say it even more strongly. Nowadays many people are on multiple platforms and Facebook does offer a quick news option, but not one that would ever occur to me.

Spanner Island

2bn users says it's not dying and its finances say it even more strongly. Nowadays many people are on multiple platforms adn Fcaebook does offer a quick news option.
It is dying... especially among younger generations...

They just don't use it often.

They all have FB accounts but their online communication is done predominantly elsewhere...

sic transit

It is dying... especially among younger generations...

They just don't use it often.

They all have FB accounts but their online communication is done predominantly elsewhere...
The very young perhaps but my daily exposure to smartphones around me is that it is the publishing element of it that is coming to the fore. You don't really communicate on FB, apart from Messenger. Mostly it's content posting and the response to it.

Spanner Island

The very young perhaps but my daily exposure to smartphones around me is that it is the publishing element of it that is coming to the fore. You don't really communicate on FB, apart from Messenger. Mostly it's content posting and the response to it.
WhatsApp and Snapchat are where they're at currently... and while Facebook owns WhatsApp... the bigger and more powerful Facebook gets the more it will lose users looking for something else... something niche...

And if Facebook start feckin' advertising through WhatsApp the demise will be quicker still.

Messenger is annoying... deleted it from my phone.

Half Nelson

I wonder how many believe the official propaganda from RTE? Facebook (or p.ie) is at least as reliable.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies