28k to be offered redundancy in HSE

Oppenheimer

Prove what? That grades in Private hospitals are paid the same or more than public hospitals? Everyone knows that, read the health jobs adds in any paper.
Like all the rumours everyone "knows" I guess.

Expatriot

Like all the rumours everyone "knows" I guess.

The pay scales for a nurse or any other healthcare grade are exactly the same in private hospitals. That is not a rumour, it is a fact. In many cases they are paid bonuses, higher grades and have shares in the hospitals also.
That also is not a "rumour".

I know private sector GPs, Dentists and Conulstant are extremely badly paid, but I think they get by all in all.

wexfordman

The partnership agreements applied to all workers, not just those represented by, or members of, unions.
Are you making this up as you go along?

The partneshipn agreement did not apply to all workers, are you nuts?

johndodger

Quote From the post just before yours:
"It is a specific condition of the VER scheme that persons availing of the scheme will not be eligible for re-employment in the public health sector or in the wider public service or in a body wholly or mainly funded from public moneys."

Doesn't that rule out HealthResourcing. Or is a contractor mainly dependant on on public sector contracts not regarded as mainly funded as above if mainly funded meant grants presumably?
No, because the person would not be employed by the Government. One of my former colleagues is in the same boat. Let go at the insistance of the Minister for Finance, despite his job being essential. Started his own (one-man) company and is now re-employed by my agency (approved by the same Minister) doing his own job at consultancy rates as the work was outsourced to his company.

There is a need to keep the Dept of Health in preparation for Fine Gael's planned abolition of the HSE,assuming FG is the dominant partner in the next coalition government. The HSE could be split in three with regulated insurers taking over its three parts,a system like Holland's excellent health service.
Yes I have often sited the exellent Dutch health service as the model we should be following. We can no longer afford universal free health care (not that it's free any more in ay case) so privatise it all, make health isurance compulsary and subsidise that insurance for those who can't afford it.

Last edited:

johndodger

Possible explanations:
1.Managers are too cronyist to be trusted on whose jobs are redundant
2.Redundant workers are the laziest but are the top trade union supporters (on the theory that the squeaky wheel gets trade union grease)
3.The programme is a conspiracy to discredit the HSE in preparation for its abolition (Fine Gael want to abolish it and introduce a system like Holland's with heavily regulated private insurers and private hospitals)
Of course you cannot ask managers to identify redundant positions and expect an unbiased answer. Whether in public or private sector, managers will always try to protect their own budgets and little empires. The easy answer is to conduct an independent review/ value for money audit (such as was carried out in my and many other state agencies) to identify such redundant positions and areas of waste.

Are you making this up as you go along?

The partneshipn agreement did not apply to all workers, are you nuts?
Which workers did they not apply to then?

wexfordman

Which workers did they not apply to then?
Pretty much any employee of a company that chose not to sign up to the partnership process, which was significant numbers, particularly among mnc's etc.

There are many companies who did not partake or sign up to partership and retained their own renumeration policies. Partnership was not obligatory, furtunately!!

Astral Peaks

Have spoken with sources within the HSE on the VR offer, there seems to be total chaos over this atm. It has come down from Govt with no guidelines, advice notes or procedures. Just "get it done, now!"

Has all the hallmarks of a political imperative to appear to be dealing with the overstaffing issue for "the optics" without rocking the CP boat.

Any other HSE people here feel this way?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies