30 years ago this week: Enniskillen

CastleRay

an unfortunate incident , as were the murders of 3000+ other people , none of which i can remember loyalists like you getting very worked up about especially if it was a catholic been killed .
I don’t get worked up about history, it happened. I simply noted your contributions here and that despite your sanctimonious BS spouted all over these boards and accusations elsewhere to deflect from barbaric republican violence and criminality.

Jack O Neill

I don’t get worked up about history, it happened. I simply noted your contributions here and that despite your sanctimonious BS spouted all over these boards and accusations elsewhere to deflect from barbaric republican violence and criminality.
It would seem Dundealing has a point , loyalists like you have a long history of selective BS on this site. As for Enniskillen it was another tragic incident in a long list of tragic incidents in war , nothing more .

GDPR

Are you looking for a whataboutery response rather than talk about Enniskillen? I'm guessing the former.
The IRA should not even have considered targeting a Remembrance service. The coming together bit has eluded you.
But they did and SF continued to support them through those decisions.

It doesn't elude me at all that ordinary people can come together in spite of the activities of the PIRA and the like, It's something we see time and time again, something given time and space I would expect, but do get it straight in your head, it is very much in spite of the PIRA & their loyalist counterparts, their actions and their political supporters.

Jack O Neill

It doesn't elude me at all that ordinary people can come together in spite of the activities of the PIRA and the like, It's something we see time and time again, something given time and space I would expect, but do get it straight in your head, it is very much in spite of the PIRA & their loyalist counterparts, their actions and their political supporters.
Ordinary people like the late Gordon Wilson who was so "ordinary "racist that he never employed a catholic in over 100 years of the family business .

GDPR

an unfortunate incident ,
There was nothing "unfortunate" about it, Mr. Apologist, it was quite deliberate.

If you want to condemn it, condemn it, if you want it to pass you by, let it pass by, but please don't try a bit of both.

GDPR

a lot of peoples daughters got killed , including nationalists ones , know any? , thought not
But this thread is about the deliberate targeting of some of them by your heroes.

And thanks for taking the opportunity.

Jack O Neill

But this thread is about the deliberate targeting of some of them by your heroes.

And thanks for taking the opportunity.
But if it was about the murder of Catholics in the north by the loyalist / British forces you would either be ignoring it or condoning their actions . For a people that supported and benefited from an apartheid regime against their catholic neighbours loyalist / protestants of northern Ireland escaped very lightly for their actions

GDPR

But if it was about the murder of Catholics in the north by the loyalist / British forces you would either be ignoring it or condoning their actions . For a people that supported and benefited from an apartheid regime against their catholic neighbours loyalist / protestants of northern Ireland escaped very lightly for their actions
Bollox, start to finish.

former wesleyan

It would seem Dundealing has a point , loyalists like you have a long history of selective BS on this site. As for Enniskillen it was another tragic incident in a long list of tragic incidents in war , nothing more .
How could something that was plotted and planned be an " incident " ?

vivabrigada

a)You left the British out of the equation.
b) Compare Martin McGuinness with Robinson or Foster then tell me who streatched themselves and their voters more to build relationships?
Get it straight in your head....

boldfenianman

The troubles largely began with Bloody Sunday shootings in Derry, and ended, with Rememberance Sunday Enniskillen bombing. Of course there was another 11 years of strife afterwards until Good friday agreement. But after Rememberance sunday bombings the IRA were never the same force- especially in the South.
No. The troubles began with the "Battle of the Bogside". Its on You Tube. Look it up.

boldfenianman

Will you condemn Shankill Butchers?

vivabrigada

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies