300 killed in Somalia

yosef shompeter

Gurdiev77

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/15/truck-bomb-mogadishu-kills-people-somalia

Kind of surprised that this latest attack did not earn so much as a murmur or Pie.

Sympathy to the poor victims...

Call me racist but this is one of the things that alarms me of the large-scale migration to Europe. They tend to bring their reliigious psychological idealistic baggage with them.

Sign of the times, I guess.
Enormous sympathy to the people of Somalia.
100 lives outside of Europe roughly equates in value to one inside Europe when it comes to media coverage, candle lit vigils and column inches.

Lord Deputy

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/15/truck-bomb-mogadishu-kills-people-somalia

Kind of surprised that this latest attack did not earn so much as a murmur or Pie.

Call me racist but this is one of the things that alarms me of the large-scale migration to Europe. They tend to bring their reliigious psychological idealistic baggage with them.

300 eh :), how many pairs of wellington boots would that equate to when that lot is melted down?

ruserious

:confused:

OP scolds P.iesters for not discussing this.
Turns it into a debate about Islamigration to Europe.

former wesleyan

Hitchcock

Why on earth would you be surprised? They're not white, they're not from the west so most on P.ie don't give a sh!t. Now if they were in France and killed by a nut allegedly acting on behalf of ISIS then all the nuts would be out with their faux outrage.

ruserious

Why on earth would you be surprised? They're not white, they're not from the west so most on P.ie don't give a sh!t. Now if they were in France and killed by a nut allegedly acting on behalf of ISIS then all the nuts would be out with their faux outrage.
Stop being an idiot.

The reason people are perceived to care more about attacks in Europe is because we know Europe. We holiday in France. We eat French food. We may speak French as a second language. It is obviously going to be more upsetting and shocking for people when an attack happens somewhere close to us, than in places like Somalia.

tsarbomb

I remember when the Boston bombing happened there was a lot of coverage of it in the media. A far more deadly attack though happened roughly at the same time in Iraq and it got next to no coverage in comparison with Boston.

One of the reasons why attacks in the west gain far more attention is that we tend to know people in many of these western locations, whereas this isn't the case elsewhere. How many people in Mogadishu do posters here know?

the secretary

Terrible slaughter.
I hope the b's responsible are caught

Catalpast

A horrific attack!

Only a matter of time until we see one in Europe

God Bless all the victims and their families

Hitchcock

Stop being an idiot.

The reason people are perceived to care more about attacks in Europe is because we know Europe. We holiday in France. We eat French food. We may speak French as a second language. It is obviously going to be more upsetting and shocking for people when an attack happens somewhere close to us, than in places like Somalia.
I'm well aware of why people identify more with those in Europe you fool, that does not mean that a slaughter of this magnitude is not worthy of comment or discussion - one of the points the OP made - maybe think before you post.

Wagmore

Do you think there were many candle-light vigils in Mogadishu after the Bataclan massacre.It's called human nature you virtue signalling twonk

ruserious

I'm well aware of why people identify more with those in Europe you fool, that does not mean that a slaughter of this magnitude is not worthy of comment or discussion - one of the points the OP made - maybe think before you post.
You are the one who claimed that people in Europe care more about European atrocities because i)They're white and ii)faux outrage. Ignoring the fact that these two points contradict, you are completely blinkered on matters of human nature.

Lord Deputy

You reproach white westerns for their indifference to such events in Africa. How about your average black man, would he be less so?
Get it into your head mate, he wouldn’t give a toss, tribal warfare and mass slaughter is second nature to them.

Hitchcock

Do you think there were many candle-light vigils in Mogadishu after the Bataclan massacre.It's called human nature you virtue signalling twonk
Move the goalposts back dipsht!t and get back to the issue Good man.

Cahal

Stop being an idiot.

Not for those with actual human empathy,300 people is 300 people reguardless of there race or ethnicity.

Hitchcock

You are the one who claimed that people in Europe care more about European atrocities because i)They're white and ii)faux outrage. Ignoring the fact that these two points contradict, you are completely blinkered on matters of human nature.
You seem to have an inability to read. I made no mention of people in Europe, I commented on the P.ie warriors who scream and shout about various massacres when it happens in Europe but are no where to be found on massacres elsewhere.

'Human nature' apart from being a broadly meaningless and a simplistic notion is also is a cop out by people like you to explain hypocrisy, that said your notion of human nature is contradicted by the millions donated to charity or events such as Live Aid for example.

New Threads

Most Replies