• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

325 US Army suicides in 2012 a record

Carlos the Jackal

CNN) -- "The U.S. Army reported Thursday that there were 325 confirmed or potential suicides last year among active and nonactive military personnel.

"Our highest on record," said Lt. Gen. Howard Bromberg, deputy chief of staff, manpower and personnel for the Army.

The grim total exceeds the number of total U.S. Army deaths (219) and total military deaths (313) in Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan, according to figures published by the military's Defense Casualty Analysis System."

"Nobody knows No. 1, why all the suicides. Nobody has a good theoretical model for explaining this vector"

325 Army suicides in 2012 a record - CNN.com

"We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve" {Qur'an 3:151}

"Of a truth ye are stronger than they because of the terror in their hearts, sent by God." {Qur'an 59:13}

Ribeye

I know,

ruserious

The US has a suicide rate of 12 per 100,000.

There are roughly 3 million active and reserve members of the US military.

Therefore, I would expect that there should be 360 suicides on population statistics alone. However, there was only 325 which is 35 less than the national average for that many people.

Considering the trauma of war so many go through, these are actually low figures.

What is worrying, is the rising trend.

ManOfReason

CNN) -- "The U.S. Army reported Thursday that there were 325 confirmed or potential suicides last year among active and nonactive military personnel.

"Our highest on record," said Lt. Gen. Howard Bromberg, deputy chief of staff, manpower and personnel for the Army.

The grim total exceeds the number of total U.S. Army deaths (219) and total military deaths (313) in Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan, according to figures published by the military's Defense Casualty Analysis System."

"Nobody knows No. 1, why all the suicides. Nobody has a good theoretical model for explaining this vector"

"Of a truth ye are stronger than they because of the terror in their hearts, sent by God." {Qur'an 59:13}
It would be nice if you followed their example creep.

Dunlin3

The fact that the US military do one year tours can't help.

eoghanacht

eoghanacht

The fact that the US military do one year tours can't help.
Or lied to about every facet of army life as claimed in a book called 'The Deserter's tale'.

ManOfReason

Sufferin cats!
Well he is a raging anti-smite who pollutes every thread with his hate posts. Of course the suicide suggestion if for his Politics.ie user profile, not him/her personally.

ManOfReason

You're seriously lacking reason man
The OP is suggesting the sucides are the result of soldiers being scared of Muslim holy warriors. That is clearly the work of a troll.

eoghanacht

The OP is suggesting the sucides are the result of soldiers being scared of Muslim holy warriors. That is clearly the work of a troll.

Yeah but your jibe was a little strong and I thought that amusing given your username.

Carlos the Jackal

Well he is a raging anti-smite who pollutes every thread with his hate posts. Of course the suicide suggestion if for his Politics.ie user profile, not him/her personally.
I am not an anti-semite, I do not hate anyone because they are Jewish nor do I hate Judaism.

Ribeye

Deconstruction

Islamist Mujahideen are fierce warriors - soldiers (call them what you like), they cannot be defeated easily... This has a huge effect on American soldiers along with many many factors...

Hitch 22

I think you will find the Muslims suicide rate is far higher.
It is positively encouraged by terrorists groups.

Analyzer

Carlos, the fact that you are reaching down into the drain to the point that you are using other people's misfortune to justify your book of fairytales, suggests that you are a sick individual.

Your religion is not making you a better person, but a sicker creep.

Carlos the Jackal

Carlos, the fact that you are reaching down into the drain to the point that you are using other people's misfortune to justify your book of fairytales, suggests that you are a sick individual.

Your religion is not making you a better person, but a sicker creep.
Not at all, I'm using 'my book' to identify the cause of their 'misfortune'. Insult the Qur'an if you wish, but know that "to the unjust it causes nothing but loss after loss."{Qur'an 17:82}