3500 new Irish CItizens today.

cozzy121

I'm sure the majority of decent P.IE posters will join me in welcoming the 3,500 people from 120 countries who will be sworn in as Irish citizens today...
May the laughter of their children at play be a sound of victory over bigotry and intolerance..

3,500 people from 120 countries will become Irish citizens today

THE KILLARNEY CONVENTION Centre will host three citizenship ceremonies today which will see approximately 3,500 people from over 120 different countries become citizens of Ireland.

“On becoming Irish citizens you will have the same rights, the same duties and the same responsibilities as every other Irish citizen,” Minister for Justice and Equality, Charlie Flanagan, will tell the new citizens.

The top ten nationalities of persons naturalised in that time are: Poland, India, Nigeria, Romania, Philippines, Pakistan, China, Ukraine, South Africa and Bangladesh.

Pizza Man

At €950 a shot, that's a cool €3.3m into the State coffers. I hope they each got a cup of tae and a ham (or salad if Muslim) sanger!

Dame_Enda

Just in time to vote yes on Friday!
Yes those bastions of liberalism the Philippines, Pakistan and Bangladesh. :roll:

Dame_Enda

At €950 a shot, that's a cool €3.3m into the State coffers. I hope they each got a cup of tae and a ham (or salad if Muslim) sanger!
Will it compensate for their health, education, social welfare needs?

Mick Mac

I'm sure the majority of decent P.IE posters will join me in welcoming the 3,500 people from 120 countries who will be sworn in as Irish citizens today...
May the laughter of their children at play be a sound of victory over bigotry and intolerance..

3,500 people from 120 countries will become Irish citizens today
" The top ten nationalities of persons naturalised in that time are: Poland, India, Nigeria, Romania, Philippines, Pakistan, China, Ukraine, South Africa and Bangladesh"

Their former nationalities surely?

Mick Mac

Herr Rommel

I wonder have they been properly vetted for criminal records.

Analyzer

Hurray for Ponzi-economics, and the nEU imperial racket, which needs to eliminate anything that might dare get in the way of it's meglamaniacl ambitions.

Spirit Of Newgrange

they must all be highly educated/trained if this country needs them ? surely we have enough binmen, barmen, fast-food assistants.

SamsonS

" The top ten nationalities of persons naturalised in that time are: Poland, India, Nigeria, Romania, Philippines, Pakistan, China, Ukraine, South Africa and Bangladesh"

Their former nationalities surely?
That's since the scheme was introduced, 120k or so - interesting to see UK was third on the list this year.
I assume in most cases its dual nationality?

Analyzer

they must all be highly educated/trained if this country needs them ? surely we have enough binmen, barmen, fast-food assistants.
The assumption is that the nepotism filled political party rackets will not be replaced....

Actually, given the quality of "leadership" that they are providing they are the easiest thing of all to replace.

Likewise media organs that are beneficiaries of advertising that is funded by nEU empire bodies.

Mick Mac

That's since the scheme was introduced, 120k or so - interesting to see UK was third on the list this year.
I assume in most cases its dual nationality?
It's strange that the idea of leaving people have two nationalities has become a part of the progressive agenda.

The general approach should be you are irish now and that means your old identity and nationality will now start receding into the past.

cozzy121

That is what PRSI and income tax is for. Don't you know civics?

Anyways, these fellow Irish Citizens are your equal. Embrace the change..

New Threads

Most Replies