• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

4 Loyalist men beat up 14-year-old catholic boy

Cloigeann

A teenager has suffered facial injuries after he was attacked and beaten by four men in north Belfast.

The 14-year-old boy was attacked at Alliance Parade in the city at about 0400 BST on Sunday. He was taken to hospital. His condition is stable.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7357363.stm

It is great to see the "proud sons of Ulster" bravely protecting their British way of life, :roll: :evil:

jerryp

What was a 14 year old doing out at 4.00 am ? Not condoning the attack in any way.

rf

Cloigeann said:
It is great to see the "proud sons of Ulster" bravely protecting their British way of life, :roll: :evil:
In your link it doesnt mention the religion of the boy or that the thugs were loyalist.
Grow up and get over ur anti unionist hatred.

greengoose

Cloigeann said:
A teenager has suffered facial injuries after he was attacked and beaten by four men in north Belfast.

The 14-year-old boy was attacked at Alliance Parade in the city at about 0400 BST on Sunday. He was taken to hospital. His condition is stable.

You are a bigotted fool! No mention of the religion of the boy or his attackers. No mention of what he was doing out and about in the early hours.

You have a twisted mind.

A case of justifiably shooting the messenger. The message is clear...

The two things to note here is

a) How does the poster know the religion of the attack and the political stance of the attacker? How does the poster know if this a sectarian attack?

b) Whilst we should be skeptical and question the source of this accusation, it is also worth noting that the reporting of loyalist violence has sometimes been left unidentified and creates an image of all sides participating rather then actually blaming the culprits. This trend is not usually followed when reporting Republican violence.

Aindriu

1) There is no notification whatsoever of the victim's religion.
2) What the hell was a 14 year old boy doing out at 4AM?!?
3) What the hell were his parents doing about him being out?

This is an attempt to stir up republican posters and will/has failed. There is no place today for secarian shite like this.

Well, we should give the original poster a chance to explain why they wrote what they did, and the evidence they have for such an accusation.

let us not be so hasty to condemn him, he created the thread of Saturday so to give out about it now without the opportunity for him to explain is a bit severe.

Give the poster an opportunity to explain before we think of calling for Mods to alter the thread

st333ve

Cloigeann said:

Happens every day.
The media rarely (if ever) mentions the word sectarian after a loyalist attack, the reason thay havent yet is because the person hasnt gave a statement yet to the PSNI so they are not allowed to claim sectarianism or any motive for the attack.
The man who was attacked in Belfast for being a Connaught fan was quite obviously sectarian, yet no mention in the media.

st333ve

rf said:
Cloigeann said:
In your link it doesnt mention the religion of the boy or that the thugs were loyalist.
Grow up and get over ur anti unionist hatred.
Yeah get over yourslef, unionists could have kicked the crap out of a 14 year old and youre that bad guy! :lol:

greengoose said:
You are a bigotted fool! No mention of the religion of the boy or his attackers. No mention of what he was doing out and about in the early hours.

You have a twisted mind.

A case of justifiably shooting the messenger. The message is clear...

This guy thinks he probobly deserved it " no mention of what he was doing out in the early hours"
He doesnt condone the attack and calls you a bigot for mentioning sectarianism.

How about people wait until they see if it was sectarian or not before they call everyone else a bigot for condoning this attack.
It could have been a random attack, but sectarianism hasnt been ruled out and is quite likely in this part of Belfast.

lebowskilite

Website
elchle.tumblr.com
A boy got beat up,
...at 4am,

Tis true that loyalists tend not to be identified in the media, but it certainly wasn't a republican attack or that fact would pasted everywhere.

Still, belfast must have some of the safest streets in these islands if no one gets beaten up at 4.30am

PatMcL

I have to declare that I know this boy and his family well enough.

Let me state the boy does come from a problem family, his brother was the vicitim of a very bad punishment beating after numerous anti social activities. Another brother was found hanging from the scaffolding of Holy Cross Curch in Ardoyne after apparent threats from the INLA. The mother was on a BBC programme several years ago speaking about the problems of her children. I think it was a Stephen Nolan show, it created a lot of controversy at the time because callers to the show displayed a complete lack of sympathy to the woman and the majority openly advocated such attacks.

The boy was caught breaking into a van in the Alliance Parade area and the guys who set upon him thought that he was one of their local hoods rather than one who came across the peacline from Ardoyne. It can be assumed that if they had realised he was a Catholic then we would in all probability be referring to him in the past tense. The interfaces in North Belfast are still dangerous places so to deliberately cross into a loyalist area in pursuit of a criminal enterprise is inviting trouble.

While he was a Catholic and the attackers were undoubtedly Protestant (given the location) there is nothing at all to suggest this was sectarian, more a case of people taking the law into their own hands.

The youth who was beaten is one of that minority of freal children who are running about he country at all hours with no supervision at all. That is at the root of this unfortunate incident. It starts and ends at home.

As to the attack on the Connaught fan, knowing that location and the history of incidents in that exact area, I would believe that some spide has heard the mans accent and that sealed his fate. No doubt at all among nationalists that I talk to that this was very definitely a sectarian attack

PatMcL said:
I have to declare that I know this boy and his family well enough.

Let me state the boy does come a problem family, his brother was the vicitim of a very bad punishment beating after numerous anti social activities. Another brother was found hanging from the scaffolding of Holy Cross Curch in Ardoyne after apparent threats from the INLA. The mother was on a BBC programme several years ago speaking about the problems of her children. I think it was a Stephen Nolan show, it created a lot of controversy at the time because callers to the show displayed a complete lack of sympathy to the woman and the majority openly advocated such attacks.

The boy was caught breaking into a van in the Alliance Parade area and the guys who set upon him thought that he was one of their local hoods rather than one who came across the peacline from Ardoyne. It can be assumed that if they had realised he was a Catholic then we would in all probability be referring to him in the past tense. The interfaces in North Belfast are still dangerous places so to deliberately cross into a loyalist area in pursuit of a criminal enterprise is inviting trouble.

While he was a Catholic and the attackers were undoubtedly Protestant (given the location) there is nothing at all to suggest this was sectarian, more a case of people taking the law into their own hands.

The youth who was beaten is one of that minority of freal children who are running about he country at all hours with no supervision at all. That is at the root of this unfortunate incident. It starts and ends at home.
I remember that program, they were joyriders were they?

st333ve

This is not taking the law into your own hands its a viscious assault on a very young boy who's obviously from a troubled background.
I dont know where you got your information from that he was breaking into a van and that his attackers didnt know where he was from, but if he was caught by a gang im sure they could have easily held a 14 yr old kid until police came, instead of taking turns at attacking him.

Aindriu

st333ve said:
This is not taking the law into your own hands its a viscious assault on a very young boy who's obviously from a troubled background.
I dont know where you got your information from that he was breaking into a van and that his attackers didnt know where he was from, but if he was caught by a gang im sure they could have easily held a 14 yr old kid until police came, instead of taking turns at attacking him.
In the real world possibly but this was in Belfast.

st333ve

I find that a very strange comment coming from someone who lives in Dublin.
Theres no anti-social attacks in the real world of Dublin eh?

Aindriu

st333ve said:
I find that a very strange comment coming from someone who lives in Dublin.
Theres no anti-social attacks in the real world of Dublin eh?
Sectarian ones? Not many no - far less than Belfast and certainly none in my area. My comment was aimed at your idea that people would carry out a citizens arrest. Less than 40% of nationalists support the PSNI & probably not many more loyalists do - go figure it isn't rocket science.