4 Year Plan announced

Barnacle

Well some details are emerging.

- Property Tax to be introduced
- Water Tax to be introduced
- CP Agreement to remain intact
- No Stimulus Policy - reason given that Government cannot afford one.
- Widening of tax bands
- Government sticking to figure of €15bn over four years
- 2:1 Ratio of spending cuts to Tax increases
- No change to Corporation Tax

If IMF agree to this they will arrange a lump sum loan with an interest rate of 5%

Last edited:

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
this from tv3 and ursula "cancer scoop" halligan?

They can SHOVE their property and water taxes.

I wont pay.

As for the CP, LOL

SKELLY

the property tax is going to be very difficult to sell when the
croke park deal remains in place!!

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
just saw the tv3 article on T2 at Dublin Airport, which cost €600m, but didn't cost the state anything, because DAA paid for it. Tyrone somethingorother was the reporter. Someone needs to tell that idiot moron that the state owns DAA (which will hopefully be sold off by the IMF - one good thing).

Families all over Ireland cant afford to live, 90,000 in mortgage arrears and they want us to pay for water and property taxes?

Are they off the heads?

I will not pay for a property tax when I get nothing in return, the UK get bin collections and council services.

As for water, the crap they send me is below EU levels, and its the same for most of the country.

This will be war.

Cassandra Syndrome

look at the bright side, it is 1 year less than Mr Stalin's

Barnacle

Families all over Ireland cant afford to live, 90,000 in mortgage arrears and they want us to pay for water and property taxes?

Are they off the heads?

I will not pay for a property tax when I get nothing in return, the UK get bin collections and council services.

As for water, the crap they send me is below EU levels, and its the same for most of the country.

This will be war.
Fully agree. And furthermore, to implement these in a non-equitable manner will only add fuel to the fire.

mothball

It's confirmed that they'll be borrowing at a rate of 5%. Essentially, the outcome of these extensive Fianna Fáil negotiations was to get the same unsustainable rate that the Greeks got and we were likely to receive anyway.

kerdasi amaq

They should be loaning us the money at 0%.

The scheme they're proposing is insane. Ireland does not have the capacity of generating the revenue to pay for it.

Congalltee

It's confirmed that they'll be borrowing at a rate of 5%. Essentially, the outcome of these extensive Fianna Fáil negotiations was to get the same unsustainable rate that the Greeks got and we were likely to receive anyway.
This is the most important news, though the idiots will focus on water charges and property (both of which I hope are flat fees). Repayments with rate willcripple us. Inflation and growth will not exceed 5%. madness (as is leaving Croke Park agreement in place).

uriah

We have been paying for water for years.
Was that fair?

Holy Cow

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
The Chinese could move in and offer bursaries to set up in China!

- No Stimulus Policy - reason given that Government cannot afford one.
This stands to reason. Our Entrepreneurs are so much into negative equity that they would be considered a bad risk by Enterprise Irel etc. God help any entrepreneur if they have kids as well!

It was another world watching the Young Entrepreneur of the Year on TV roughly a month ago. Many of them went home and got their partner’s permission to sell their house to raise equity for their business.

On second thoughts! This could not be true! Our young need help with their ideas now more than ever.

Ageing Europe needs budding Entrepreneurs; no other countries will have them to the same extinct as the Irish. Is it all about repayment for Bond Holders to the loss of new ideas?

I know, Ireland was a kind of hostile territory even in the Rare Old Times, especially if the idea was not related to IT or property.

Maybe, the Chinese could move in and offer bursaries to set up in China!

New Threads

Most Replies