• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

40 killed and over 100 injured in Turkish car bomb attack

L'Chaim

Two car bombs exploded in the Turkish town of Reyhanli near the Syrian border on Saturday, killing more than 40 people and the number of people who were killed or injured is more than 100, with casualty figures rising. The attacks may have been related to the conflict in Syria or to Turkey's own peace process with Kurdish militants, Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said.

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu responded to the blasts, warning against testing Turkey's power and saying Ankara would take necessary measures to protect itself.

Turkey: Dozens killed in blasts near Syrian border - Israel News, Ynetnews

A shocking development indeed. Terrorist attacks like this should be condemned and Turkey is right in saying it would take necessary measures to protect itself. However the hypocrisy of the Turkish government is something else.When Israel takes the necessary measures to protect itself, and its citizens against terrorist attacks, Turkey criticises Israel.

Dame_Enda

An awful attrocity to be condemned.

Two car bombs exploded in the Turkish town of Reyhanli near the Syrian border on Saturday, killing more than 40 people and the number of people who were killed or injured is more than 100, with casualty figures rising. The attacks may have been related to the conflict in Syria or to Turkey's own peace process with Kurdish militants, Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said.

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu responded to the blasts, warning against testing Turkey's power and saying Ankara would take necessary measures to protect itself.

Turkey: Dozens killed in blasts near Syrian border - Israel News, Ynetnews

A shocking development indeed. Terrorist attacks like this should be condemned and Turkey is right in saying it would take necessary measures to protect itself. However the hypocrisy of the Turkish government is something else.When Israel takes the necessary measures to protect itself, and its citizens against terrorist attacks, Turkey criticises Israel.
The difference is that the people doing the terrorism are not people internationally recognised as occupied by Turkey, regardless of who is doing it. No state disputes Turkey's borders, unlike Israel's. And nothing like that has happened in Israel for maybe 10 yrs. But plenty of bombs have dropped from the skies killing thousands of Palestinians. What did Stalin say again about statistics?

Shqiptar

Awful crime. I wonder does that town house many Syrian refugees?

Shqiptar

An awful attrocity to be condemned.

The difference is that the people doing the terrorism are not people internationally recognised as occupied by Turkey
Do you know who committed these acts? International law is in many cases a slippery piece of real-politik. The Great Powers connived after WWI to deprive the Kurds of their own state. So, you're correct that neither Turkey, Syria, Iran nor Iraq is "recognised" as occupying Kurdish lands. But that doesn't make the Kurds' desire for a homeland any less just.

pinemartin

Who gains from these attacks depends on who gets to blame. I suspect that the recent turnaround in the war that has seen Assads forces gain the upper hand means that this attack will be blamed on his regime and more pressure will come to support the jihadist and other terrorist groupings.

Ribeye

Absolute horror in Reyhanli,

Turkey is now in, no question,

Which, one would assume was the intention of whomever planned this atrocity,

I fckn wonder whom it was,

"Quay Bonio"

Ribeye

The Turkish govt have already pointed the finger at Assad,

And the footage from the scene is well, frankly it's weird,

Very weird,

gijoe

I suspect its the Syrian Rebel Army looking to get Turkey into the war. They got caught out on the chemical weapons already.

ManOfReason

I suspect its the Syrian Rebel Army looking to get Turkey into the war. They got caught out on the chemical weapons already.
Or Assad's men trying to target Rebel leaders...
Or Assad's men trying to make it look like the Rebels trying to make it look like Assad...
Or the Kurds hoping a Turkish war with Syria would give them a chance to regroup...
Of some local disagreement between Rebel groups...
Or some local disagreement between local gangsters fighting over the spoils of war...
Or Israeli agents trying to force Turkey to strike Syria
Or Turkish military trying to cause a crisis so they can reestablish their dominance...

You get the idea. It ain't call the 'Fog of War' for nothing.

Last edited:

Crazy horse 6

If this had happened in a major US city this thread would be around 100 pages by now.

Looks like things are about to get out of hand in the region so sad to see.

R.I.P. to all the dead.

Ren84

Could have been Israeli warplanes. They have form in interfering recently in the conflict.

Ren84

If this had happened in a major US city this thread would be around 100 pages by now.

R.I.P. to all the dead.
Fatigue I guess. If bombings were the norm in the US I suppose such incidents wouldn't be as widely reported.

Ribeye

Reports of a third explosion,

former wesleyan

R.I.P. to all the dead.
That's because the government of the US is changed by the ballot box and their F16s rarely if ever bomb their own people.

Ribeye

That's because the government of the US is changed by the ballot box and their F16s rarely if ever bomb their own people.
What about Turkish people, do they bomb them?

Ulster-Lad

Could have been Israeli warplanes. They have form in interfering recently in the conflict.
Car bombs could have been warplanes? Jesus wept

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies