• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

48% of Northern Irish would vote for United Ireland in shock new poll.

firefly123

Nuffink. But that's irrelevant because they are already part of this state.
As will the remaining six counties be. We don't go around asking how much cavan (thanks ruserious) Costs us do we? The island will be a richer place for being United and we will all manage the transition.

JimmyFoley

As will the remaining six counties be. We don't go around asking how much cavan (thanks ruserious) Costs us do we? The island will be a richer place for being United and we will all manage the transition.
Yeah, I'm weepy.

So how much would *you* be willing to pay? €200? 500? 1k? 2k? 5k?!

firefly123

Yeah, I'm weepy.

So how much would *you* be willing to pay? €200? 500? 1k? 2k? 5k?!
I dunno. How much am I paying for cavan now?
Maybe it would free? Maybe parts of the north will be paying for parts of the south? The posh parts of Belfast might bring in more dough than all of connacht?
If taxes go up then ok.
I certainly don't hold any credence in the random numbers bandied about around this topic. For a start we wont be paying for nuclear submarines etc. This argument is pretty spurious but seems to have become the last refuge of the partitionist types. That and the lolocolypse of course.

JimmyFoley

Maybe it would free? Maybe parts of the north will be paying for parts of the south? The posh parts of Belfast might bring in more dough than all of connacht?
If taxes go up then ok.
I certainly don't hold any credence in the random numbers bandied about around this topic. For a start we wont be paying for nuclear submarines etc. This argument is pretty spurious but seems to have become the last refuge of the partitionist types. That and the lolocolypse of course.
This argument is very important if one wants to assert that voters here would implicitly choose a UI, particularly since the research suggests that enthusiasm for such an arrangement declines sharply as the proposed cost increases.

As I said initially, we'd have to see the bill. Asserting that the cost wouldn't matter is nothing more than sticking one's fingers in one's ears,...

hollandia

This argument is very important if one wants to assert that voters here would implicitly choose a UI, particularly since the research suggests that enthusiasm for such an arrangement declines sharply as the proposed cost increases.

As I said initially, we'd have to see the bill. Asserting that the cost wouldn't matter is nothing more than sticking one's fingers in one's ears,...
However, if one wants to make that argument, actual, accurate, figures would go a long way to helping. More often than not, there's a fundamental misunderstanding of the mechanisms of the Barnett formula.

How much is the Subvention? £10bn? £15bn? £Random-number-plucked-out-of-thin-air bn?
How much income is generated in NI? This is the question that absolutely no-one is able to answer accurately, due to the number of GB firms reporting their taxes through head office in Rich-Part-of-Southern-Englandshire-Upon-Thames.

Ditto for Scotland. Or any random region of the UK.

hollandia

If taxes go up then ok.
In fairness, if you're paying anything for Cavan now, it's too much.

The real question is - will the benefits of unification in economic terms outweigh the downsides to unification in economic terms. Certainly, the removal of the border would improve the lot of places like Cavan, Leitrim and Longford.

JimmyFoley

However, if one wants to make that argument, actual, accurate, figures would go a long way to helping. More often than not, there's a fundamental misunderstanding of the mechanisms of the Barnett formula.

How much is the Subvention? £10bn? £15bn? £Random-number-plucked-out-of-thin-air bn?
How much income is generated in NI? This is the question that absolutely no-one is able to answer accurately, due to the number of GB firms reporting their taxes through head office in Rich-Part-of-Southern-Englandshire-Upon-Thames.

Yawn. I'm not playing thick Paddy with ya today, son. I provided you with the regional UK figures from the ONS before; all you did was say, "Where are they? I can't see them."

The only people who believe it wouldnt cost us are (supposedly) SF, a retarded FF senator, and a paid German economist. :laugh:

hollandia

Yawn. I'm not playing thick Paddy with ya today, son. I provided you with the regional UK figures from the ONS before; all you did was say, "Where are they? I can't see them."

The only people who believe it wouldnt cost us are (supposedly) SF, a retarded FF senator, and a paid German economist. :laugh:
Link or it never happened, jimmy.

Precise breakdown of taxes generated in NI (including taxes reported "on the mainland"), please, or as usual, you're full of it :)

Of course, you won't, because you can't.

The fact you've moved straight to "abuse mode" demonstrates only how uncomfortable you are with the "argument" you are trying to make.

SideysGhost

In fairness, if you're paying anything for Cavan now, it's too much.

The real question is - will the benefits of unification in economic terms outweigh the downsides to unification in economic terms. Certainly, the removal of the border would improve the lot of places like Cavan, Leitrim and Longford.
Donegal would obviously immediately benefit massively, as would Derry City, the western county Tyrone and Fermanagh. That region has always been intricately entwined, my own family (extended cousins etc) stretch from Derry City to Dunfanaghy to Killybegs to Lisnaskea to Castledawson. None of them have ever recognised a border as anyhting other than something you had to put up with as the UDR acted the bollix.

Unification will have massive positive effects across huge swathes of the island.

The usual braindead idiot never-been-outside-my-boxroom morons on p.ie don't understand all of this, obviously. Cos dribbling fnckwits like Uganda or Jimmy have never shambled further than the Londis down the street before rapidly retreating to their damp cave. They've never been anywhere near the border....cos they've never been further than three streets away from Mam's house.

It sounds harsh and rude but this is the sort of fnckwit we are dealing with.

JimmyFoley

Link or it never happened, jimmy.

Precise breakdown of taxes generated in NI (including taxes reported "on the mainland"), please, or as usual, you're full of it :)

Of course, you won't, because you can't.

The fact you've moved straight to "abuse mode" demonstrates only how uncomfortable you are with the "argument" you are trying to make.
More yawning.

You know full well I provided you with the link before. Twice. You expect me to do it again? Yeah, right.

Look it up yourself; it has the breakdown of *every* region of the U.K.

But live in your pîss if that's what gets you through the day. Your choice. :thumbsup:

hollandia

More yawning.

You know full well I provided you with the link before. Twice. You expect me to do it again? Yeah, right.

Look it up yourself; it has the breakdown of *every* region of the U.K.

But live in your pîss if that's what gets you through the day. Your choice. :thumbsup:
Then it will be dead easy for you to provide it again, for the benefit of the other people who read this thread.

Of course you haven't ever put up a table showing the precise breakdown of taxes generated in NI (including those reported on the mainland) because no such table exists. Which is why, if you've put up a table before as you claim to have, I didn't see the relevant data.

Put up the data to back up your argument, or continue to look like the bigot you are. Doesn't matter to me either way.

The reason you aren't putting it up again is that you know full well it doesn't say what you claim it does.

Game. Set. Match, jimmy. :)

JimmyFoley

Then it will be dead easy for you to provide it again, for the benefit of the other people who read this thread.

Of course you haven't ever put up a table showing the precise breakdown of taxes generated in NI (including those reported on the mainland) because no such table exists. Which is why, if you've put up a table before as you claim to have, I didn't see the relevant data.

Put up the data to back up your argument, or continue to look like the bigot you are. Doesn't matter to me either way.

The reason you aren't putting it up again is that you know full well it doesn't say what you claim it does.

Game. Set. Match, jimmy. :)
Keep playing the thick Paddy. Anyone can look it up. They're ONS figures, ffs. :rolleyes2:

hollandia

Keep playing the thick Paddy. Anyone can look it up. They're ONS figures, ffs. :rolleyes2:
Your absolute refusal to back up your argument and persistence in lying about it, speaks volumes jimmy. I'm sure this is noted by the others reading this thread. As is your propensity to jump straight to abuse when you can't successfully win an argument.

Keep 'er lit there big lad :)

JimmyFoley

Your absolute refusal to back up your argument and persistence in lying about it, speaks volumes jimmy. I'm sure this is noted by the others reading this thread. As is your propensity to jump straight to abuse when you can't successfully win an argument.

You made enough of a show of yourself the other day, son. With your link about crime and race in the UK. :laugh: I should be surprised you had the nerve to show your face again, but there ya go.

Everyone knows what you are and what you're about. You and that skag head who claims to live in New Zealand will get on famously. :whistling:

SideysGhost

It's a piece of trash basement-dwelling ignoramous Loyalist troll. Just ignore the piece of scumbagging slimy dirt.

hollandia

You made enough of a show of yourself the other day, son. With your link about crime and race in the UK. :laugh: I should be surprised you had the nerve to show your face again, but there ya go.

Everyone knows what you are and what you're about. You and that skag head who claims to live in New Zealand will get on famously. :whistling:
Straight to abuse again :)

Good man :)

Off to my ignore list now until you learn some manners :)

devonish

I often wondered how corporation tax & VAT resulting from trade in NI from the likes of M&S or Tesco is accounted for, similar issue with online purchases made from NI.

hollandia

I often wondered how corporation tax & VAT resulting from trade in NI from the likes of M&S or Tesco is accounted for, similar issue with online purchases made from NI.
Since it isn't clear, it's a huge part of the problem of not seeing the entire picture.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies