• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

4th grade Science Quiz - Dinosaurs & Genesis

D

Dylan2010

I got a laugh out of this, from a Christian school in South Carolina. Apparently it has a good reputation for reading and stuff but Science doesnt seem to be their strong point :lol:

then again when I was in 4th class we had priests teaching a lot of nonsense and it didnt do any harm :rolleyes:

snopes.com: 4th Grade Science Quiz

from the Dad

I have since taught my daughter differently, but I am sure she is confused now and plan to make sure she understands that teachers are people too and can be factually wrong.

…

It’s a great school for Reading, Writing and Math. She is ahead of most of her peers and also is taking Latin there. But I now know to be vigilant for the rest of the year about her science teachings.

She will not be attending the school next year …

Tea Party Patriot

snopes.com, not exactly a very sound source and even the site casts a dubious eye on whether it is real or not. Good for a laugh though.

Sister Mercedes

It says 'True or False' but doesn't tell you to circle one. And the '2nd page' only emerged a few days ago. I think Snopes is wrong on this one.

EvotingMachine0197

Creationists are morons. That's all there is to it.

Edit: I mean the YEC ones in this case.

Niall996

Creationists are morons. That's all there is to it.
I wouldn't go so far as to call them morons. Some of the greatest minds in history were Creationists. Delusional perhaps. Or just sufferers of a global condition embedded in the DNA of humans for some survival of the species reason that makes us believe in stuff that's not there, no matter how nuts it is. And I wouldn't buy into absolutely everything scientists tell us either. There's still a lot to be discovered.

Didimus

It says 'True or False' but doesn't tell you to circle one. And the '2nd page' only emerged a few days ago. I think Snopes is wrong on this one.
Seems odd that anyone who sent their child to this school would be surprised that they taught creationism.

Twin Towers

Well, what do we know? A universe formed out of nothing, and on our planet, and no other, life formed and evolved into copious designs all beautifully and intricately linked, as from a solitary spark.

ManInTheArena

Well, what do we know? A universe formed out of nothing, and on our planet, and no other, life formed and evolved into copious designs all beautifully and intricately linked, as from a solitary spark.
What makes you think our planet is the only one where life formed?

Tin Foil Hat

Well, what do we know?
Carbon dating
Dopler shift
Fossil records
DNA

A universe formed out of nothing, and on our planet, and no other,
We don't know this at all. In fact many, if not most, scientists would accept the possibility, if not probability, of other life in the Universe.

life formed and evolved into copious designs all beautifully and intricately linked, as from a solitary spark.
We know a fair bit about evolution. It's even been observed in the lab. We know little, if anything, about biogenisis - except that it has obviously happened at least once.

wombat

snopes.com, not exactly a very sound source and even the site casts a dubious eye on whether it is real or not. Good for a laugh though.
Its a good laugh, though the same can be said for many school exam papers. I'd be a bit worried if the mark shown was genuine.:lol:

wombat

Its not something that keeps me awake at night but I'm curious about the evolution dogma. There appears to be a trail of evolution of man stretching back 50,000 years, maybe 100,000 years. There is a theory that dinosaurs inhabited the earth for several hundred million years yet there is no evidence that they evolved. Why.
Man evolved from monkeys, dinosaurs evolved into pigeons, sounds really random.:lol:

SideysGhost

Its not something that keeps me awake at night but I'm curious about the evolution dogma. There appears to be a trail of evolution of man stretching back 50,000 years, maybe 100,000 years. There is a theory that dinosaurs inhabited the earth for several hundred million years yet there is no evidence that they evolved. Why.
Man evolved from monkeys, dinosaurs evolved into pigeons, sounds really random.:lol:
Dear sweet suffering Bob, there's some demented swivel-eyed bead-rattling psychos on this forum. The sheer impenetrable wilfull benighted ignorance on display here is staggering at this point of the 21st century. Are you people refugees from the 17th century or something? Borrowed a time machine from dem Lehman boyos I suppose.

Sheesh. Unbe-feckin-lievable that you morons can function in the modern world. The Stupid, it burns.

seabhcan

Dear sweet suffering Bob, there's some demented swivel-eyed bead-rattling psychos on this forum. The sheer impenetrable wilfull benighted ignorance on display here is staggering at this point of the 21st century. Are you people refugees from the 17th century or something? Borrowed a time machine from dem Lehman boyos I suppose.

Sheesh. Unbe-feckin-lievable that you morons can function in the modern world. The Stupid, it burns.
You need to warn people before a funny post like that. I nearly choked on my tea.

Tin Foil Hat

It's not correct to say that man evolved from monkeys. Man and monkey share a common ancestor that lived tens of millions of years ago. Homo sapiens and chimpanzees share a common ancestor that lived about six million years ago. That ancestor was neither human nor chimpanzee.
Ardipithecus, 'Ardi', is a hominid specimen dated at 4.4 million years.

It's not known whether we are descended directly from Ardi, but we would have descended from something similar. The trail of evolution of man does not trace back fifty or a hundred thousand years. It traces back to the dawn of life on this planet - maybe 4 billion years ago.

I hate to mention the mans name (he seems to be a conversation stopper on this topic) but I would highly recommend that you read The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins.