• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

5 Victims Cured of Cancer by Radical New Advances in Treatment!

Dublin 4

Cancer halted in five patients after treatment with own genetically modified cells
A new form of cancer treatment has resulted in five patients experiencing complete remission of their disease with no detectable cancerous cells, scientists have announced.
Doctors treating the patients said that the results of the early-stage trial demonstrate that it may be possible to use the gene-therapy technique to control cancers in relapsed patients so that they can undergo a bone-marrow transplant with a donor's blood stem cells, leading to a complete cure.

Cancer halted in five patients after treatment with own genetically modified cells

Cancer is one of the most evil diseases ever known to Mankind.

It has killed some of my friends & family Members & I hope that science can now kill it.

Personally I'm afraid of developing Cancer- I think we all are but in recent times science has lessened Cancer's impact.

Could we move into an era soon were virtually all diseases can be cured?

What would we do with so many people living so long?

wexfordman

Another housing boom ?

Seriously, hope its true!

Magror14

There was a documentary on BBC recently about cancer treatment and this was featured. I think this treatment resulted in a complete cure for 50% of patients.The real challenge is what to do with an aging population and ensuring that people age and ultimately die with dignity.

Dublin 4

Will come to late for some but hopefully we are on the right road. :D

"Although it's early days for these trials, the approach of modifying a patient's T-cells [white blood cells] to attack their cancer is looking increasingly like one that will, in time, have a place alongside more traditional treatments like chemotherapy, radiotherapy and surgery," he added.

Catalpast

As a Cancer survivor myself this is certainly good news

Hopefully further progress can be made on this front

But Lifestyle and eating and drinking habits + various habitats all effect cancer rates around the World

The Irish are more prone to some than to others I believe

Dublin 4

Let's hope we quickly get more good news on this front.

james5001

Cancer is one of the most evil diseases ever known to Mankind.

It has killed some of my friends & family Members & I hope that science can now kill it.

Personally I'm afraid of developing Cancer- I think we all are but in recent times science has lessened Cancer's impact.

Could we move into an era soon were virtually all diseases can be cured?

What would we do with so many people living so long?
How can a disease be evil?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies