5 ways to avoid a hard brexit

USER1234

It's increasingly looking like the only way to resolves this. It is possible, though will not be welcomed by nearly half the population of the north but all the signs are that a majority would now vote for it.
Under the circumstances, Brexit vote and its aftermath, Irish unity became the only solution to resolve the whole FU created by Cameron.

I never thought Irish unity would have came so swiftly.

Maybe it will come but not swiftly, getting agreement to have & setting up the referendums on both sides of the border would take time, then if they passed there would need to be a lot of negotiations between Dublin, Belfast and London to work out the massive amount of details to do with the transition of the day to day workings of N.I. as every aspect would change from how the political system works to moving from the NHS medical system to the HSE as well as the changing of the norths legal status internationally and all that before an agreed transition date which could be years away to give them time to sort all out!!

death or glory

A whole lot if dreaming going on on this thread.

I want doesn't get.

death or glory

President Bartlet

The current deal proposed by bumbling Boris and supported by the UnDemocratic Unionist Party is a bad deal - glad it seems to have been rejected

raetsel

Maybe, but even if that was true, setting up the referendums on both sides of the border would take time, then if they passed there would need to be a lot of negotiations between Dublin, Belfast and London to work out the massive amount of details to do with the transition of the day to day workings of N.I. as every aspect would change from how the political system works moving from the NHS medical system to the HSE as well as the changing of the norths legal status internationally and all that before an agreed transition date which could be years away to give them time to sort all out!!
I appreciate all that, but a hard border makes a united Ireland a looming possibility. Even someone like me who would welcome it, didn't believe it would happen for years to come. This is the gift of the DUP to their gullible voters.

President Bartlet

It is about time that the fecking DUPpers learnt that they can not get everything their own way all the time - those days are gone!

Mickeymac

Maybe it will come but not swiftly, getting agreement to have & setting up the referendums on both sides of the border would take time, then if they passed there would need to be a lot of negotiations between Dublin, Belfast and London to work out the massive amount of details to do with the transition of the day to day workings of N.I. as every aspect would change from how the political system works moving from the NHS medical system to the HSE as well as the changing of the norths legal status internationally and all that before an agreed transition date which could be years away to give them time to sort all out!!

Britain could easily have avoided all that hassle, when they flew the Provies to London for talks when the conflict was in it's early stages.

Republicans main demand was a simple commitment to withdraw from the six counties sometime in the future.

The British rejection of that proposal resulted in thousands of deaths and misery to many over half a century.

It's time they realised their mistakes of the past and come to support a United Ireland of peace/justice/equality which the people of Ireland will cherish then flourish, something they have never known since the British invasion and rape of that island.

death or glory

Mickey,
In that clip it looks like you have lost a lot of weight.
I can now only see 3 chins.

james toney

Can they have a hard Brexit without a veto? Surely they can not keep blowing their toes off...or can they?

death or glory

:ROFLMAO:

I see my PR skills have worked with you, appears you took time to watch my pic:ROFLMAO:

Thank you doggie.:cool:
At least you have acknowledged it was a clip of you.
I suppose you have cut it down to 5 big macs a day?

Newrybhoy

It's increasingly looking like the only way to resolves this. It is possible, though will not be welcomed by nearly half the population of the north but all the signs are that a majority would now vote for it.
Absolute bollocks.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies