!5 year old attacked with slash hook by 3 men in balaclavas in Ennis

Scitlipo

So you wonder what is happening in our country when three men at 5pm attack a 15 year old in the forecourt of a filling station using a slash hook. Given the brazenness, the use of a slash hook and the location, it sounds like some Travellers might be involved.
https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/schoolboy-15-attacked-with-slash-hook-outside-garage-by-three-men-in-balaclavas/ar-BBHPUXA?li=BBr5KbJ&ocid=mailsignout

What makes someone think they can behave like this? Is it the absence of a deterrent? I'd vote for any politician that would once and for all introduce mandatory sentencing, and sentences long enough to act as a deterrent, with associated loss of state benefits for a period of years.

D

Deleted member 48908

Religion of peace again?

Asylum seeker, perhaps?

ISIS involved?

offalypat

i have seen a few incidents lately with travellers and have come to the conclusion that a lot of it must be insurance scams.

bmw1

So you wonder what is happening in our country when three men at 5pm attack a 15 year old in the forecourt of a filling station using a slash hook. Given the brazenness, the use of a slash hook and the location, it sounds like some Travellers might be involved.
https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/schoolboy-15-attacked-with-slash-hook-outside-garage-by-three-men-in-balaclavas/ar-BBHPUXA?li=BBr5KbJ&ocid=mailsignout

What makes someone think they can behave like this? Is it the absence of a deterrent? I'd vote for any politician that would once and for all introduce mandatory sentencing, and sentences long enough to act as a deterrent, with associated loss of state benefits for a period of years.
'He wont like that Ted' as dougal maguire might say. If its knackers were involved give em a slashook each and let em at it

rainmaker

Administrator

This story has one page of responses - what you need is a Muslim perpetrator like the other thread - they're approaching a hundred pages in just 24 hours.

Watcher2

It is rare to see reprocussions for travelers from the law or other authorities.

Analyzer

Where are the cops ?

Analyzer

Religion of peace again?

Asylum seeker, perhaps?

ISIS involved?
You already know the amswer to that question. Therefore you are only asking it to express fake outrage.

Collegebhoy

Twitter
n/a
Animals

Mushroom

This story has one page of responses - what you need is a Muslim perpetrator like the other thread - they're approaching a hundred pages in just 24 hours.
But family feuds involving travellers are as common as head lice on a new age traveller. Hence we're all bored of them and feel no need to vent.

Whereas a cosmopolitan "asylum seeker" murdering an innocent Japanese citizen in Gerry Adams' constituency is a tad less commonplace, hence the need for p.ie regulars to expound at length.

Clanrickard

Ennis has been a hot bed of this sort of thing for the past 2 decades but this is a new low. Attacking a kid with slash hooks. If there is a trial I'd be interested to know if anyone is found guilty of anything what the sentences will be.

Clanrickard

Scitlipo

Indeed. A minority of Travellers are major suppliers of drugs and our local judges invariably give suspended sentences, with such gems to the guy with almost 100 convictions"I know you are trying to give up drugs....." and no jail time. I don't blame the gardai as they have neither the resources nor the judicial intent to stop this anti-social behaviour once and for all.
What is needed is long jail sentences, Revenue and Social Welfare audit, and a zero tolerance for any sort of anti-social behaviour.

mangaire2

No. Wrong, but you are a tw@t.
the geezer is just making fun of the members of the P.ie cumann of the BNP, who would be all over this thread if a "muzzie" had been involved.

BTW - I see in this week's Clare Champion that a traveller was awarded €4,000 as compensation for being refused service at an Ennis hotel.

New Threads