5 year old girl sexually abused by transgender in girls bathroom

CookieMonster

So if a child has gender dysphoria, isn't it possible that they actually don't or maybe are just gay or lesbian?
Gender identity and sexual orientation aren't the same thing.

If a boy identifies as a girl, isn't he just identifying as whatever that society thinks a girl should be? (what exactly are they identifying as)
I suspect societal expectations of gender roles has some part to play.

I don't understand how hormone treatments could be given to a child with gender dysphoria given the above?
Trained medical experts with a much greater understandng of the issue see it as a treatment for the issues those suffering from it experience.

paulp

Gender identity and sexual orientation aren't the same thing.
of course not,

but isn't their an overlap in the behaviours seen in children that turn out to either have gender dysphoria or are gay/lesbian?
Which is why diagnosis of gender dysphoria in children is difficult?

I suspect societal expectations of gender roles has some part to play.

Trained medical experts with a much greater understandng of the issue see it as a treatment for the issues those suffering from it experience.
Isn't it fair to say that medical experts are not aligned on this issue? That while some see treatment as valid, others see treatment in children as a mistake?

CookieMonster

And I see that you are still beloved of the mods, as if the new regime does not apply to you.
I see you have nothing of substance to add to the discussion, as usual.

CookieMonster

of course not,

but isn't their an overlap in the behaviours seen in children that turn out to either have gender dysphoria or are gay/lesbian?
Which is why diagnosis of gender dysphoria in children is difficult?
Diagnosis of gender dysphoria in is difficult.

Isn't it fair to say that medical experts are not aligned on this issue? That while some see treatment as valid, others see treatment in children as a mistake?
The general consensus is that it is a valid and useful treatment. But there will also be differing opinions.

paulp

Diagnosis of gender dysphoria in is difficult.

The general consensus is that it is a valid and useful treatment. But there will also be differing opinions.
The general consensus is that when a child has been diagnosed with gender dysphoria, hormone treatment may be a valid path?

I don't think so. (But am not sure)

The OD

I see the boil on the arse of p.ie is still as pustulent as ever.
Not sure why you even bother with him. Do you consider the sh*t you accidentally walked in, much, beyond cursing it and trying to find and effective way to clean it off?

Blocked it years ago and will keep it that way. Its beneath me.

Sailor

Not sure why you even bother with him. Do you consider the sh*t you accidentally walked in, much, beyond cursing it and trying to find and effective way to clean it off?

I doubt if there is anything beneath either of you. And, of course, the entire mod team seems to have been struck deaf, blind and dumb.

benroe

The general consensus is that when a child has been diagnosed with gender dysphoria, hormone treatment may be a valid path?

Science by consensus, if only we could persuade them to agree to raise our life expectancy to two hundred years.

CookieMonster

I just enjoy the fact that he takes himself so seriously when nobody else does. Hugely amusing.

Nebuchadnezzar

I doubt if there is anything beneath either of you. And, of course, the entire mod team seems to have been struck deaf, blind and dumb.

Best wishes to you Sailor. Live long and prosper.

CookieMonster

Best wishes to you Sailor. Live long and prosper.
One of p.ie’s most virulent bigots supporting another one of p.ie’s virulent bigots. This will hardly come as a surprise to anyone.

CookieMonster

the general consensus among medical experts treating children in this area is that when a patient is seen to be suffering to the point at which medical intervention is deemed necissary that hormone treatment is a valid course of action. If you have something to forward other than weasely speculation to the contrary then by all means pipe up.

CatullusV

Science by consensus, if only we could persuade them to agree to raise our life expectancy to two hundred years.
There is no need for consensus in science. In actual fact it depends on and is forwarded best by conflict and disagreement. The method isn't perfect but still represents the best means to reaching explanations as to why we are where we are.

Sailor

There is no need for consensus in science. In actual fact it depends on and is forwarded best by conflict and disagreement. The method isn't perfect but still represents the best means to reaching explanations as to why we are where we are.
Science is good at explaining how we got to where we are, but not why. The latter falls outside of the remit of science.

CookieMonster

Science is good at explaining how we got to where we are, but not why. The latter falls outside of the remit of science.
:rolleyes2:

benroe

Well there is no need for a consensus if your theory is easily repeated and the results always the same, it just seems to be the refuge of poor science, and you would have to imagine there were many cases of consensus that were destroyed by one scientist who was right.