• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

5 years for killing a child

mr_anderson

This makes my blood boil.

Ciaran Lane, of Ashington Avenue in Cabra, told gardaí he had drunk a litre of vodka and taken two grams of cocaine before his car hit Vanessa Siatka, who was almost two years old.

He was driving erratically, performing handbrake turns and driving on the wrong side of the road.

The judge said it was as bad a case of dangerous driving as he had ever had to consider.

The only small mitigating factor was that Vanessa had wandered onto the road and was not on the footpath when she was hit.

He said the offence was doubly inexcusable as Lane has eight previous convictions and is also the father of a young boy of the same age.

The judge sentenced Lane to seven years with the final two years suspended on condition that he remain alcohol and drug free on his release.
Drink-driver jailed for causing young girl's death - RTÉ News

5 years in jail for killing a 2 year old kid.
Absolutely disgusting.
Drunk & on drugs.

How in God's name does a judge hand out such a lenient sentence for taking a child's life ?
I'd be going ballistic were that my dead kid.

comet

I am not of the "hang `em high" mind-set but I totally agree with you mr_anderson, the tariff should have been 15 years plus. Why was he not charged with manslaughter?

Dubstudent

Horrific for the girl and her family. Awful.

He got a seven year sentence with the final two suspended along with a 20 year driving ban.

Carrying around the fact that you killed an innocent little toddler for the rest of your life is the worst punishment of all. Particularly as it's self imposed.

There are no winners here.

cunnyfunt

I truly wish we had sentencing like that in the U.S. This guy will be out in 3-4 yrs.

drummed

This makes my blood boil.

Drink-driver jailed for causing young girl's death - RTÉ News

5 years in jail for killing a 2 year old kid.
Absolutely disgusting.
Drunk & on drugs.

How in God's name does a judge hand out such a lenient sentence for taking a child's life ?
I'd be going ballistic were that my dead kid.
I imagine he handed out the sentence the law (which he had no role in making) allows him to. That's what usually happens. Talk to your lawmakers maybe?

Felixness

He got a seven year sentence with the final two suspended along with a 20 year driving ban.

Carrying around the fact that you killed an innocent little toddler for the rest of your life is the worst punishment of all. Particularly as it's self imposed.

It won't make a blind bit of difference to him. A guy who drove into a squad car and killed 2 guards and who had been disqualified from driving for 30 years was today sent back to prison, the judge didn't ban him from driving as he pointed out that the 30 year ban hadn't stopped him. One can only hope he suffers a rough time in prison.

Diamond Joe Quimby

i feel sick thinking he only got 5years. There are no mitigating circumstances. He drank and drugged himself of his own choice

15 years minimum imho

johnnypockets

Do you honestly believe he cares? He has 8 previous convictions.

meriwether

Congratulations on writing a load of sh1te.

sondagefaux

A minimum of 30 years in custody if you take a human life deliberately without any mitigating circumstances, a minimum of 25 years in custody if a human being dies as a result of your criminal negligence.

Irish-Rationalist

You're assuming that he has a conscience.

freewillie

Rubbish. Once he gets the chance he will be back on the piss. Like the scrote who killed the two Gardai. Another spell in pokey would have done society a favour

ShoutingIsLeadership

If he hadn't killed anybody, what should the sentence for his drink driving have been?

Crazy horse 6

Guy will be out in 3 years knowing the prison system imo. They should have charged him with importing garlic he would have gotten longer. Rotten country.

Crazy horse 6

B ULLSH IT He's a c unt and I hope he has his head caved in inside.

Sotired

I see the spot where it happened almost every weekend when I park my car to walk the dog.

The flowers and toys.

I could very well be wrong, but I'd guess that I'm more upset about what happened than he is.

He'll be off the hook for it in a few years.

The parents never will be.

Not sure what sentence would be appropriate for him apart from a slow and painful death.

johnnypockets

I see the spot where it happened almost every weekend when I park my car to walk the dog.

The flowers and toys.

I could very well be wrong, but I'd guess that I'm more upset about what happened than he is.

He'll be off the hook for it in a few years.

The parents never will be.

Not sure what sentence would be appropriate for him apart from a slow and painful death.
The parents will never get over it. The pain never goes away. I doubt very much he will suffer in any way like they will.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies