50th anniversary of Pope Paul V1’s 1968 encyclical Humanae Vitae Celebrations gone mad.

Sheeple_Waker

Hasn’t this been a problem within the RCC for years? Remember that priest found dead in a gay bathhouse in 1992, where one of his brethren was administering the last rites. Wonder why this is such a big deal now.

Socratus O' Pericles

Hasn’t this been a problem within the RCC for years? Remember that priest found dead in a gay bathhouse in 1992, where one of his brethren was administering the last rites. Wonder why this is such a big deal now.
They are fated to pretend.

Lagertha

The sooner the Catholic church gets over itself and starts allowing priests to marry/have relationships the better. Being gay shouldn't be a barrier to being a priest.

Old Mr Grouser

Anybody got any suggestions as to where the good archbishop might send the next batch of trainees?

Their spiritual formation must prepare them for life-long celibacy.

So how about training them in goat farming.

You'll find more information HERE - in the Pakistan section.

McTell

Twitter
No
Their spiritual formation must prepare them for life-long celibacy.

//.

Celibacy and chastity.

Celibacy is the easy one - you can't marry anyone of any of the 60-odd sexes.

Chastity - no sex at all, not even a hand job, from anyone including a goat.

As for celebrating humanae vitae, where 60+ religious were outvoted by 6 others and the pope, they are really celebrating hierarchy. Why any of us should waste our time listening to their teachings is beyond me.

The Field Marshal

Surely it is rising living standards which ultimately cause low birth rates....people don't want large families because support networks have improved in society and people don't need to just rely on close family in old age or whatever. I get your logic but I don't agree.
My point I guess was that many Catholic couples who use artificial contraception also don't agree.
Rising living standards causing low birth rates.?

Nonsense.
Rising selfishness where parents artificially destroy their reproductive capacities in order to sustain a demanding materialist lifestyle.

Catholic couples using artificial contraception .?
Surely you mean fornicating Catholics aggravating their moral offenses .

Artificial contraception is a mortal sin that destroys the soul.
Catholics are aware of this and those that persist in such behaviour can not call themselves Catholics because they repudiate basic core teachings of that religion.

Last edited:

Dame_Enda

Humane Vitae was itself unnatural in seeking to deny the recreational and non-reproductive elements of sex. Its message has caused overpopulation and famine in the Third World.

The Field Marshal

Humane Vitae was itself unnatural in seeking to deny the recreational and non-reproductive elements of sex. Its message has caused overpopulation and famine in the Third World.
Rubbish.

Culture of death promoters like you tell any lie to promote your hatred of all truth

Cruimh

So - it is not contraception that is wrong, it is artificial contraception ...

How is a thermometer "natural" Fieldy?

Catholics are aware of this and those that persist in such behaviour can not call themselves Catholics because they repudiate basic core teachings of that religion.
If you were to remove those who persist in such behaviour or who approve of such behaviour there wouldn't be many Catholics left in Europe and America old chap.

JimmyFoley

Really? So how are the Proddy parts of Africa getting on? Thriving, yeah?

The Field Marshal

Erm, so the interference in the marriage of the BVM led to disaster?
What interference?
Either you respect the power of God or you deny it.

The Field Marshal

If you were to remove those who persist in such behaviour or who approve of such behaviour there wouldn't be many Catholics left in Europe and America old chap.
If you think morality and truth is determined by numbers then you have a very serious problem.
NFP is fully natural go and study it further.

Cruimh

If you think morality and truth is determined by numbers then you have a very serious problem.
NFP is fully natural go and study it further.
Please explain to me though fieldy.

The Catholic church approves a natural method of birth control that involves using a thermometer.
How come a thermometer is "natural"?

My point about the numbers is that your Church fraudulently claims certain rights and privileges based on the numbers it claims to shepherd.....

shutuplaura

Rising living standards causing low birth rates.?

Nonsense.
Rising selfishness where parents artificially destroy their reproductive capacities in order to sustain a demanding materialist lifestyle.

Catholic couples using artificial contraception .?
Surely you mean fornicating Catholics aggravating their moral offenses .

A rise in living standards drove demand for contraception. Technology meant that contraception was more effective and less cumbersome than ever before. To you that equals a rise in selfishness perhaps bit it seems reasonable to me.

I notice though that people who lament the 21st century and want to turn back the clock usually don't want their own living standards reduced, just those of the 'selfish masses'. Your argument...and that of Humane Vitae presumably, sound like rage against modernity rather than a realistic, coherent social critique.

gatsbygirl20

Their sin wasn't being in bed together - it was "being found in bed together."
They used to say that the only thing that would really kill an actor's Hollywood career was "being found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy"

I think it was a poor way to celebrate Humane Vitae, tbh

Humanae Vitae was all about the possibility of the transmission of life during the sexual act

Two guys getting it on---nice and all as it is in its own way---is not altogether in the spirit of Humane Vitae

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I do hope the boys are safe there in Rome. Quite funny that they were sent there as opposed to Maynooth over concerns about Maynooth among the senior half-men in Ireland.

McTell

Twitter
No

///.

That's not fair. I was born with one in my mouth.

You will find people out there who only have one big toe, the sure sign of inbreeding.

New Threads

Most Replies