62% of Limerick births outside of marriage

S

SeamusNapoleon

What do i take from this? That you were upset by a sexually liberated, irresponsible teen ager

or that your upset that we live in a society where teenage girls seeing their pregnant friends gettin a flat down town decide to follow suit.

Alls i'm seeing on this thread is right of centre condecension and no ideas on how to rectify the problems.

This is like P.ie's version of Joe Duiffy.
Wha??

I've gotten the 'leftie' tag so many times this is a bit of a shock...

This girl is 24 or 25.
I never mentioned teenager. It suits you to paint her as so to attack me it seems.

This is a forum, not a government committee; why should the burden fall on me to provide answers where answers seem like piss in the wind?

TonyBird

So you are saying that the she was promiscuous because of a lack of sex ed:rolleyes:. Silly liberal.
No she was was ignorant of some very basic facts , regarding protection . Her 'promiscuity' is not my business .

martino

What kind of system makes it near impossible for working parents to have children while welfare dependant parents can reproduce at will. It's nuts!

sport02

No she was was ignorant of some very basic facts , regarding protection . Her 'promiscuity' is not my business .
Yeh but if her ignorance lands her a baby, it will land her a house and benefits.

LeDroit

We have had thirty years of supporting non marriage through our social welfare and, since tax individualisation, through our tax code. Our media and popular culture embraced the global liberal swing away from a sense of general morality. This was a reaction to our previously authoritarian, militantly pious and dictatorial State/Church imposed morality. Tragically, as if often the case with radical, well meaning social change, the pendulum has swung too far to anarchic permissiveness. As a result, having children within marriage was disincentivised.

Where before sexual and reproductive behaviour itself was taboo, now the criticism of it is taboo. And so there is now no such thing as irresponsible behaviour, including even hastily bringing unwanted children into the world. Worse than that, it is in fact encouraged, rewarded even by the State through improving the parents personal ability to claim more money and receive housing from the State.

If you financially incentivise something and simultaneously herald the behaviour as a noble expression of free-will then you will clearly increase it's likelihood.

ne0ica

If we didn't have alcohol commercials on tv, teenagers wouldn't drink. If we didn't have a fashion magazines with pictures of skinny girls we wouldn't have anorexic teenagers. And if we legalised contraception and gave all the kids in Ireland sexual education in schools we would not have teenage pregnancies. It truly amazes me how liberals have replaced conservatives with stupid ideas quick fix ideas on how to fix society.

martino

We have had thirty years of supporting non marriage through our social welfare and, since tax individualisation, through our tax code. Our media and popular culture embraced the global liberal swing away from a sense of general morality. This was a reaction to our previously authoritarian, militantly pious and dictatorial State/Church imposed morality. Tragically, as if often the case with radical, well meaning social change, the pendulum has swung too far to anarchic permissiveness. As a result, having children within marriage was disincentivised.

Where before sexual and reproductive behaviour itself was taboo, now the criticism of it is taboo. And so there is now no such thing as irresponsible behaviour, including even hastily bringing unwanted children into the world. Worse than that, it is in fact encouraged, rewarded even by the State through improving the parents personal ability to claim more money and receive housing from the State.

Wise words. And it goes further, in UK they want to do away with Child Benefit for middle-class parents-wtf? Do they just want to throw the towel in all togehter?

If you financially incentivise something and simultaneously herald the behaviour as a noble expression of free-will then you will clearly increase it's likelihood.
Wise words. And it goes further, in UK they want to stop Child Benefit for middle class parents-wtf? Do they just want to throw the towel in altogether.

I would go further and say one man's wages should be able to support one family. That's the way it was when I was growing up, now I don't think it's usual. That's where the problem lies.

Trampas

Hardly suprising knowing the vermin ridden pest holes in that cursed city.
If the statistics were that 63% of limerick births were outside humanity i would be suprised but not shocked.

Steady now. There's a good chap.

eoghanacht

If we didn't have alcohol commercials on tv, teenagers wouldn't drink. If we didn't have a fashion magazines with pictures of skinny girls we wouldn't have anorexic teenagers. And if we legalised contraception and gave all the kids in Ireland sexual education in schools we would not have teenage pregnancies. It truly amazes me how liberals have replaced conservatives with stupid ideas quick fix ideas on how to fix society.

See, aren't ideas better.

Albert Aherne

If the statistics were that 63% of limerick births were outside humanity i would be suprised but not shocked.
What a sick, unhappy person you are.It seems you are still grieving the loss of your hero in the Berlin bunker in 1945.

Radix

That Limerick has a higher out-of-wedlock birth rate than anywhere else suggests nothing in and of itself - it could simply mean that Limerick is the most advanced city in the country in terms of its interpretation of the modern family. But layered with other data - number of single mothers, number of single mothers from lower socio-economic groups, number of children born to unemployed mothers or couples - it could signify something.

In Legalized abortion and crime effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, economist Steven Levitt argued that the legalization of abortion in New York after Roe vs Wade (1973) led directly to the reduction in crime in the late 1990s. He argued, effectively, that lower class families were more likely to avail of abortion, and that unwanted babies from lower social classes were more likely to end up criminals than those from other origins, and that therefore the effect of the ruling was to reduce the potential pool of criminals, and by extension the actual number of criminals reaching peak criminal age of late teens by the end of the 1990s - and therefore the crime rate would be reduced.
What are you saying, Tony?

These are all fatherless crime babies?:confused:

slippy wicket

What a sick, unhappy person you are.It seems you are still grieving the loss of your hero in the Berlin bunker in 1945.
I'll accept your 1st point, but i am no nazi. Fascist maybe, but no nazi.

eoghanacht

I'll accept your 1st point, but i am no nazi. Fascist maybe, but no nazi.
Just how much have you had to drink?

'i am no nazi. Fascist maybe....'

Christ on a cross.

martino

It's hard to get your hands on a white baby for adoption these days. Change the welfare rules and that'll change.

Trampas

Once : typo perhaps. Twice: ignoramus at work.......the same ignoramus that goes on to pontificate about "education". You couldn't make it up.

eoghanacht

It's hard to get your hands on a white baby for adoption these days. Change the welfare rules and that'll change.
Is that important to you?
Care to share your story?

LeDroit

eoghanacht

Our recovery will only come from a growth in exports. :)
Identured servants?

My god you west brit centre right types don't stray far from the old favourites. Straight out of the 16th century.

Shall we start launching Pirate attacks in the Celtic sea? Afterall why draw the line anywhere if this soothes the market. Then it's ok?

Would you really live your life by tenants like that?

martino

Is that important to you?
Care to share your story?
None of your business.

But having kids rearing kids is no panacea either. Especially running wild through Centra in their pyjamas buying anything at all with high fat/sugar content.

That's the sad reality. Negates all that good work the 'middle class' kids have been doing by two to one, if this Limerick poll is anything to go buy. You can't have 3 skangers living off one earner-doesn't fit. That's where reasonable people become concerned-they see longer than their noses.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies