62% of Limerick births outside of marriage

eoghanacht

None of your business.

But having kids rearing kids is no panacea either. Especially running wild through Centra in their pyjamas buying anything at all with high fat/sugar content.

That's the sad reality. Negates all that good work the 'middle class' kids have been doing by two to one, if this Limerick poll is anything to go buy. You can't have 3 skangers living of one earner-doesn't fit.
Touch a nerve did i?
I suppose your in the 'spay them' camp.

I knew middles class people who've worn their pyjamas to the shop.

Cruimh

Identured servants?

My god you west brit centre right types don't stray far from the old favourites. Straight out of the 16th century.

Shall we start launching Pirate attacks in the Celtic sea? Afterall why draw the line anywhere if this soothes the market. Then it's ok?

Would you really live your life by tenants like that?
Calm down mate !

Trampas

I knew middles class people who've worn their pyjamas to the shop.
Long before skangers were wearing PJs to the shop middle-class mothers were leaving kids to fee paying schools in the same get-up. Maybe that's where the skangers got the idea.

A view from England

The other day, i heard a young one on the radio being interviewed,
she was after squeezing out her 4th sprog,
4 seperate fathers as far as she knew,
being pissdrunk she did not remember which anto had got her pants down.

scum like this should be spayed to improve the general standard of breeding in the nation.
Now this sort of classy young lady is known in the UK as a 4 x 4. Another example in Ulrika Johnnson.

A view from England

I was on a bus from Limerick to Shannon last week.
There was a girl sitting behind me on the phone - everybody on the bus could hear it (I say that because I had headphones on at the time, but got the conversation clearly).

She was discussing her 'friend' who had just rang.
Seemingly this girl slept with a fella on the saturday night - and several times on the sunday morning, according to the conversation.

I heard this conversation on the bus on a Tuesday.
The girl was, seemingly, en route to the doctor's (I won't name names) to request the morning after pill where she was going to tell the doctor that intercourse occurred on the Monday.

She didn't know who the fella was who she let ejaculate in her several times without protection that previous weekend and waited till Tuesday morning to do something about it.

I know the girl who discussed all this on the phone during that bus ride.
She received sex education in school.[/
QUOTE]

I cringe when I hear card carrying liberals declare they wish we has sex education like they do the UK where they have the highest teenage pregnancy in Europe.
The Liberals talk through their arses. The reason the UK has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe is because for a young girl who did not avail of her free education provided for her by the taxpayer, getting pregnant means a secure income and a house. Not bad considering there are plenty of hard working folk who can't afford one. Education in the UK is available for all. The fact that some choose not to use what is available to them should not mean that the taxpayer then has to fund a lifestyle choice of benefits. Whilst I would not advocate 'spaying' as other shave done, there is a case for some form of compulsory contraception.

ellie08

Yeh but if her ignorance lands her a baby, it will land her a house and benefits.
She was getting the morning after pill, so she wont be landed with a baby. What a shocker - a girl in her twenties had sex at the week end and takes the morning after pill to prevent pregnancy occurring. Scandalous! :rolleyes::rolleyes: I wonder did the guy worry at all about his week-end fling? Doubt it.

Glucose

Fingal recorded the highest birth rate of 22.2 per 1,000 population, while Galway city recorded the lowest birth rate of 12.7
Galwegians half the birth rate of North Dublin?
Time for the Tribesmen to start knockin' wellies.
Galwegians must be more aware of family planning. Sophisicated Europeans like the Swedish

realistic1

New statistics from the CSO for the first quarter of 2010 show a nationwide drop of 1.3% in the number of births compared to the same period last year. 34% of these were outside marriage.

The highest proportion of births outside wedlock was in Limerick, with a whopping 62%. Given the social problems already in existence in that city, does this statistic point to possibly more difficulties in the future?

Birth and death rates decline - The Irish Times - Thu, Oct 14, 2010
Did they break down these statistic by race/country? Talking to people who work in Limerick Maternity hospital they have informed me that a lot of woman having babies are from foreign countries. While most counties had a high level of foreign nationals, I think Limerick had more foreign nationals as a result of Dell etc.in the last few years.

Bow tie

Some groups will always see benefits and supports provided for the poor, as some kind of reward for a certain type of lifestyle.

In order to help prevent this, Childrens benefit should come in the form of a tax credit for working parents and income supports like FIS for single income families. Thus providing a balance of incentives to have at least one household member contributing to society and to have at least a semblance of a household. There would also need to be something added to the dependants amounts for JB/JA where a household income has been annihilated by the recession.

Since dole was cut for (was it?) under 21's then I suggest that under 21's should have restricted access to other forms of welfare, housing and other supports. Perhaps if their parents had to take on their grandchildren as in times past, it would dis-incentivise this type of behaviour while also encouraging young mothers to stay at home in a somewhat more stable environment than out on their own in a flat, claiming everything they can.

You could pump some of the savings back into education and facilities in disadvantaged areas too.

I think the above tactics, with a weight on personal and family roles and responsibilities are quite reasonable.
I know it would make me a lot happier working every day, to see something done to make that kind of lifestyle no longer desirable for certain groups. But neither would I be interested in stigmatising, bashing or looking down on these groups as I actually think it's society/ governments fault for letting it go this far, people will always take what they can get.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
I'd like to see the stats broken down by nationality, so that a link to welfare-tourism could be proven or disproven.

Nonsence & lies

Well one things for sure it could have been 85% if you factor in all the lovely little darlings that have been relocated to Clare and Tipperary in the last year thanks to the city council and regeneration board

deepness

I assume these stats are based on the current city boundary which takes in the deprived areas of Limerick city but leaves out the likes of Castletroy, Raheen etc. If thats the case then they are totally skewed but sure whats new..

bob3344

47% of lone parents under 35 have Junior Cert level education only
Combat Poverty - One- Parent Families and Poverty

If you are a young woman with few skills & little education, your choice will be work in spar & stay living with the parents, or get pregnant, move up the housing list, get a flat & an income & also the kudos attached to having a kid.

They might not be educated, but they're not stupid.

Demographic timebomb.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Jeez Tele give it a rest most of us in this country recognise immigration is one of the many areas that needs urgent adressing in Irish society. Just we don't fixate on it. We get it, ok!

WHile we are at it i'll point out the uniting factor in all this, poverty. I'm not talking starving poor, but poverty of education.

Sure, if they turn out to be unrepentant criminals then sure, throw the book at them. This vilifying a weaker section of society is ignorance.
I'm explaining to you the reason why Fingal has a high birthrate. It is being turned into Irelands first ghetto. We will have the Irish scum there breeding with foreigners in an incubator of welfare state dependence, the result; leaner, fitter, faster, super-scum.

Education, did you not hear the Principal say that we should abolish homework for primary school children?
Homework for Irish children could be a thing of the past | IrishCentral

Next they will be replacing the drinking water with sports-drinks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSROlfR7WTo&feature=related]YouTube - "Idiocracy" introduction - the future of human evolution[/ame]

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
but that would be racist in some individuals eyes
Only in the eyes of a small, Left-Liberal, Dublin 4, PC-elite. There is nothing racist about collecting information. It should be quite easy for the CSO to cross-reference (at least the mother's) nationality with the register of births.

Bow tie

How depressing that the film 'idiocracy' above will some day look like a documentary.
Unless we swing back toward some type of individual/ family guiding morals; what are the odds?

B

Boggle

If ye are so worried about births outside of marriages, why don't ye propose grants to allow poor people get married?

Fact is that not everyone can afford to get married so people get on with their lives outside of marriage. My brother and his gf aren't marrried and they have a 9yo son - they'd love to get married but fact is they cannot afford it as they have a big mortgage and a child in school (even though the yare both employed full time).
It says nothing about them as they are more united than any married couple I know, it's just a reflection of how this country has gone.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies