• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

7 reasons why Switzerland is the best run country in the world - How do we compare ?

Sensor

Below article outlines 7 reasons why Switzerland is the best run country. A quick look at the reasons makes me think Ireland do exactly opposite...

Few middlemen and everyone is accountable : In Ireland - Plenty of Middlemen - no one accountable eg. Bankers, Garda, Politicians etc. etc.

Everything is centralized & Most decisions are made at the local level : Quite the opposite here

There are no career politicians : Here politics is a career with Rolls Royce salaries and pensions - even more lucrative than Medicine and Law.

The country is a safe haven for money and brain power : We are 'THE' experts in squandering our wealth. And emigration is our biggest wealth generator.

There's a core middle class attitude : 20% of families on social welfare...No need to say more.

Swiss Management Lessons - Business Insider

Mackers

Added to that banks full of dodgy money and no craic. And snow fxxk but I hate snow.:p

kimari

Twitter
dont like it
dont they have the highest minimun wage in europe

Sensor

Being completely unprincipled in its banking practices, looking after the plundered billions of mass-murdering psychopaths, even to the point of stashing stuff stolen from Holocaust victims for the Nazis. All done very discreetly and with the utmost panache, of course.

F*ck them, I'd rather be poor.
A lot of it is in the past.

Look at now - HSBC has been happily engaged in criminal behaviour and our own ones are competing to plunder the poor.

GDPR

Being completely unprincipled in its banking practices, looking after the plundered billions of mass-murdering psychopaths, even to the point of stashing stuff stolen from Holocaust victims for the Nazis. All done very discreetly and with the utmost panache, of course.

F*ck them, I'd rather be poor.
By Jesus TA, it's not often we agree, but we do here and in spades.

Bill

to much salt in their food and migros is just a weird place

Bill

sure on what subject

White Horse

Amazing how well a country can do on the back of billions belonging to the victims of gencoide.

gerhard dengler

Switzerland has managed to maintain it's system of democracy for centuries and in terms of transparency it does appear to work.
For a country that is a fusion of different cultures and traditions, it is the prototype.

One of my siblings lived and worked there for 4 years and always speaks well of Switzerland.

Bloody expensive mind.

Analyzer

Nah.

Most Irish people would much more prefer having FAS, CIE, Temple Bar as athe scutter zone, The Dun Laoghaire Harbour Commission, Montrose Millionaires, the HSE, Da Bert, Mr & Mrs Gimmemore, incompetent management culture, Jack O'Connor, massive pensions, wasteful local authorities, Big Fill on junkets, Noonan, etc....

Last edited:

Hungry Dodo

How insightful. Have you more similar pearls of wisdom to share with us?
I have ya goose...they had coerced sterilisation up to 1985! A very controlled society Justice Minister Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf apologises to young women at Hindelbank prison.- swissinfo but one that has its merits: Swiss foreign policy is based on four premises: Switzerland will never initiate a war. It will never enter a war on the side of a warring party. It will never side in any way with one warring party against another. It will vigorously defend itself against outside attack.

greengoose2

I have ya goose...they had coerced sterilisation up to 1985! A very controlled society Justice Minister Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf apologises to young women at Hindelbank prison.- swissinfo but one that has its merits: Swiss foreign policy is based on four premises: Switzerland will never initiate a war. It will never enter a war on the side of a warring party. It will never side in any way with one warring party against another. It will vigorously defend itself against outside attack.
Think of the children. We do have a wonderful tradition of looking after children here in good old Catholic Eire.

happytuesdays

We should emulate their system of raising and spending money as locally as possible. In Switzerland this is at the Canton level. In Ireland it would be at the county level.

Our highly centralised system does not work for us. It might work for some other nationality but it is bad for Ireland.

Switzerland is not a high accountability society and the OP reads as if written by an Ikea escapee.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies