• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

70,499 - PPS Numbers issued to immigrants, nearly 50% of all PPS numbers this year!

70,499 - PPS Numbers issued to Non Irish, nearly 50% of all PPS numbers this year

70,499 PPS numbers have been issued so fat this year to Non Irish in Ireland. Jan - Oct 2009.

The total number of PPS numbers issued this year have been 144,345, so nearly 50 of all PPS numbers issued have been for immigrants.

Furthermore the numbers have remained steady at around 14,000 per month.

Infact October was the 3rd Highest month for PPS numbers to be issued.

So where is all this talent coming form?

Some of the highest numbers are from below,

2243 - USA
1725 - NI
2982 - ENGLAND
2298 - SPAIN
2281 - ROMANIA
12582 - POLAND
744 - PAKISTAN
710 - MAURITUS
3230-LITHUANIA
3261 -LATVIA
2008 - INDIA
1623 - HUNGARY
1820 - GERMANY
2664- FRANCE
1027- CHINA
2463- BRAZIL
931 - AUSTRALIA

Even 1 Person from MADAGASCAR !

Personal Public Service Numbers -Allocation By Nationality-All Countries 2009PPSNTopicsThe Department of Social and Family Affairs

;

Last edited:

b.a. baracus

I have no problem with the EU brigade coming here - we have signed up for such things. What I don't understand is the number of non-EU economic migrants who are still being given visas.
Why are we continuing to allow large numbers of economic migrants from non-EU countries come here presumably on work or "student" i.e. "pretending to be learning English" visas?

Risteard

70,499 PPS numbers have been issued so fat this year to Non Irish in Ireland. Jan - Oct 2009.

1725 - NI
People in the Six Occupied Counties are not foreign or non-Irish. They are natives, i.e. aboriginals. They are indigenous to Ireland. They are Irish.

They are more than entitled to a PPS Number.

People in the Six Occupied Counties are not foreign or non-Irish. They are natives, i.e. aboriginals. They are indigenous to Ireland. They are Irish.

Agreed, but its the Irish state that dosent class them as Irish, the CSO considers them NI.

But I agree with your point.

realistic1

The total number of PPS numbers issued this year have been 144,345, so nearly 50 of all PPS numbers issued have been for immigrants.

2243 - USA
1725 - NI
2982 - ENGLAND
2298 - SPAIN
2281 - ROMANIA
12582 - POLAND
744 - PAKISTAN
710 - MAURITUS
3230-LITHUANIA
3261 -LATVIA
2008 - INDIA
1623 - HUNGARY
1820 - GERMANY
2664- FRANCE
1027- CHINA
2463- BRAZIL
931 - AUSTRALIA

Personal Public Service Numbers -Allocation By Nationality-All Countries 2009PPSNTopicsThe Department of Social and Family Affairs

;
They will keep handing them out while Fianna Fail landlords have empty property to rent and the state can pick up the tab. Ireland as a nation in my opinion does not exist anymore.

Catalpa

2243 - USA
1725 - NI
2982 - ENGLAND
2298 - SPAIN
2281 - ROMANIA
12582 - POLAND
744 - PAKISTAN
710 - MAURITUS
3230-LITHUANIA
3261 -LATVIA
2008 - INDIA
1623 - HUNGARY
1820 - GERMANY
2664- FRANCE
1027- CHINA
2463- BRAZIL
931 - AUSTRALIA

;
I raised this point with David Begg a couple of weeks ago

- it didn't bother him.:?

Truth.ie

A friend of mine (European) claimed for a PPS number during the Summer. It's needed for most trivial things including opening a bank account or joining the library.
This foreigner never claimed a penny in benefits and has since returned home. Not surprising considering the state of the place.
Don't assume all those PPS numbers are by people looking to jump onto your sinking ship.
I'd be interested to see the numbers of Irish citizens who applied for the Spanish or French equivalent of PPS numbers.

atlantic

I don't know why you even bothered raising the subject with that dipstick muppet.Begg and his buddies are just self-interested union thugs that shaft their members.The more these gimps can rope in subscriptions the more they can up the anti for themselves.Hypocritical spivs ,suzzer,treasonist baswards.
I raised this point with David Begg a couple of weeks ago

- it didn't bother him.:?

A friend of mine (European) claimed for a PPS number during the Summer. It's needed for most trivial things including opening a bank account or joining the library.
This foreigner never claimed a penny in benefits and has since returned home. Not surprising considering the state of the place.
Don't assume all those PPS numbers are by people looking to jump onto your sinking ship.
I'd be interested to see the numbers of Irish citizens who applied for the Spanish or French equivalent of PPS numbers.

So your friend came all the way to Ireland to open a bank account.

And Yes there must be thousands of Irish heading over to Spain to claim a Spanish PPS number to open a bank account.:rolleyes:

katy brock

They will keep handing them out while Fianna Fail landlords have empty property to rent and the state can pick up the tab. Ireland as a nation in my opinion does not exist anymore.
Bloody good point! For the State, read me and you.
Ireland ceased to exist in September 2008.

darkhorse

anyone know what the net annual cost to the taxpayer of these 70,499 would be in the years ahead?
ie social welfare + rent allowance + healthcare + schooling + ...

Truth.ie

No. My friend came to look for work and learn English.Needed the PPS to register with FAS job search. After just a few week of ridiculous prices, crap weather, and general bad karma, abondoned the idea. Never claimed a penny in benefits, rent allowance or whatever. If anything the State benefitted by the 2000 plus euros spent by my friend in Dublin in those few, short weeks. Probably paid for some T.Ds Top Hat, or covered to tip for some dudes taxi driver.

I'd say there are tens of thousands of Irish with the Spanish DNI.
You need it to buy property, a car, get a medical card etc.

.[/quote]

Last edited:

Truth.ie

anyone know what the net annual cost to the taxpayer of these 70,499 would be in the years ahead?
ie social welfare + rent allowance + healthcare + schooling + ...
If they haven't worked in Ireland (or in the E.U)in the last 2 years, they will not meet the criteria for "habitual residents" claims, and as such will not be entitled to social welfare.
If they have worked in Ireland in the last 2 years and paid taxes, they're bloody entitled to social welfare. However if they are only getting their PPS this year, we can assume they have not worked in Ireland prior to this.
I doubt many, if any of those 70'000 are entitled to benefits. If they paid sufficient taxes in other E.U countries, and worked in the relevant tax years maybe. But that is a legal right in the E.U.

D

Deleted member 17573

I have the equivalent number in Spain - but I never intend doing a day´s work here as I am retired, I never intend claiming any form of welfare, so what´s the point of the OP exactly?

eoin smith

Does this apply to all citizens of the 6 counties?

darkhorse

If they haven't worked in Ireland (or in the E.U)in the last 2 years, they will not meet the criteria for "habitual residents" claims, and as such will not be entitled to social welfare.
If they have worked in Ireland in the last 2 years and paid taxes, they're bloody entitled to social welfare. However if they are only getting their PPS this year, we can assume they have not worked in Ireland prior to this.
I doubt many, if any of those 70'000 are entitled to benefits. If they paid sufficient taxes in other E.U countries, and worked in the relevant tax years maybe. But that is a legal right in the E.U.
so assuming most of the eu resident have worked for 2 years in their home countres then they are entitled to social welfare. then add non social welfare costs, rent allowances, healthcare, education, etc.
i would be interested to know what its actually costing the taxpayer...
is this something we shouldnt know?

I have the equivalent number in Spain - but I never intend doing a day´s work here as I am retired, I never intend claiming any form of welfare, so what´s the point of the OP exactly?

So are you saying these 70,000 people have moved to Ireland to retire?

I guess not everyone loves the sun as you do!

Truth.ie

so assuming most of the eu resident have worked for 2 years in their home countres then they are entitled to social welfare. then add non social welfare costs, rent allowances, healthcare, education, etc.
i would be interested to know what its actually costing the taxpayer...
is this something we shouldnt know?
I have no idea what the cost is, but..
Sailor above, has the Spanish equivalent, and as such is entitled to claim free medical treatment in Spain, despite (I assume) never working there.
This is courtesy of Spanish taxpayers. How many more "Sailors" are there in Spain.
There must be tens of thousands of retired Brits and Irish availing of free Spanish health.
You think Ireland is unique?

darkhorse

I have no idea what the cost is, but..
Sailor above, has the Spanish equivalent, and as such is entitled to claim free medical treatment in Spain, despite (I assume) never working there.
This is courtesy of Spanish taxpayers. How many more "Sailors" are there in Spain.
There must be tens of thousands of retired Brits and Irish availing of free Spanish health.
You think Ireland is unique?
No but my guess is that the actual cost of this will be hidden from the taxpayer and that figures like this will never be published

Truth.ie

So are you saying these 70,000 people have moved to Ireland to retire?

I guess not everyone loves the sun as you do!

Some come with their Irish partners. Some come to study. Some come to work.
I doubt there are many coming to sit on welfare, because I have already stated they wont meet the requirements set by "habitual residents".
You seem to think sitting unemployed, in one of the most dreary, expensive cities in Europe is some kind of utopia craved by every Johnny Foreigner in the World.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies