• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

700,000 jobs on a mountain

consultant

By God, the FF lies and bullsh1t are flowing fast and furious now. Outdoing the rate of the last 3 years.

A snap election in the offing?

firefly123

O'Keeffe: IDA to announce 70,000 extra jobs at summit | Breaking News - eircom.net
The jobs spin is getting underway- perhaps Spotty is right!
What is a 'jobs summit'?- a group of permanent pensionable people from state agencies are able to just announce jobs under political direction.
Let me apologise on their behalf for having a permanent job and a pension. How very dare they. By your logic only unemployed people with no pension can have any input in to job creation.

Just for the record I ain't no FF apologist but why do some people insist on trying to find the worst in every situation? Is it an Irish thing?

markeys

Let me apologise on their behalf for having a permanent job and a pension. How very dare they. By your logic only unemployed people with no pension can have any input in to job creation.

Just for the record I ain't no FF apologist but why do some people insist on trying to find the worst in every situation? Is it an Irish thing?
Because after 3 years of ripping the soul from the country, of demonstrating their incompetence at running the country, of ignoring job creation for nigh on 3 years and even Cowen refusing to call his 'jobs task force' to meet (remember that?), FF/Greens have suddenly realised (after a three month break while the country came close to bankruptcy) that people are really, really pissed about their jobs strategy - or lack of it.

FF/Green Solution:
Call the top heads in - the very same people who are overpaid by hundreds of thousands and laud it over organisations that have been shown to be corrupt and ARE frittering away billions of taxpayers money and conjure up a 70,000 jobs announcement.

Great stuff from clowen and gormless. Three years and we get an announcement. Hang on while we party.

Anorakphobia

Apparently Batty's cut off for a photo appearance is 25 jobs and if you haven't got 25 jobs, subtle hints are dropped as to how you could ahem "get it up to 25" ie make it up.
"Initially 12 and rising to as high as 30 over three years"
The announcement then goes out as "30 new jobs created"
What expanding company hiring 12 new people wouldn't aspire to hiring more all going well but 18 of those supposed 30 jobs are total BS.

What a farce of an announcement.
2014???
Cue 2016 GE and FF
"We had a 175,000 new jobs lined up in 2010 and this shower ballsed 'em all up"

dapman

Cue 2016 GE and FF
"We had a 175,000 new jobs lined up in 2010 and this shower ballsed 'em all up"[/QUOTE]

I can hear them now. If we had stayed, and not been anihalated, you would all be rich, rich rich

ManOfReason

Did the talentless FF clown have any predictions on how many jobs will be lost between now and 2014? If they are going to make pie in the sky projections on job creation they should at least acknowledge that many more jobs will also be lost between now and then.

I quite simply hate them all now. Any FF who comes to my door in an election better be ready for a bad day. I don't care if is is some 'harmless' sixty year old biddy they will have the worst canvasing experience of their life. Thieves, morons and traitors the lot of them.

Thomas Ofiannachta

Say if we reduced the number of politicians by 40 (around 1 per constituency) and then employed people at 25K, we could create 180 jobs.

I know its small beans , but wasnt there a photo op for some TD when 25 jobs were announced last week???aActually it was dear old Biffo
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/taoiseach-announces-25-new-jobs-for-offaly-474038.html

Anyways.......this kind of style is struggle, but there doesnt seem to be any struggle from the govt to do anything at the moment

Last edited:

jmayo

Cue 2016 GE and FF
"We had a 175,000 new jobs lined up in 2010 and this shower ballsed 'em all up"

I can hear them now. If we had stayed, and not been anihalated, you would all be rich, rich rich
And you know the really scary thing ?
Some people would actually freakin believe them. :mad:

Mr Magoo

I quite simply hate them all now. Any FF who comes to my door in an election better be ready for a bad day. I don't care if is is some 'harmless' sixty year old biddy they will have the worst canvasing experience of their life. Thieves, morons and traitors the lot of them.
My feelings too.... :mad:

showbandmanager

With their election leaflets with the Fianna Fail stuck in the bottom corner in writing so small even superman could'nt make it out.

olamp

Because after 3 years of ripping the soul from the country, of demonstrating their incompetence at running the country, of ignoring job creation for nigh on 3 years and even Cowen refusing to call his 'jobs task force' to meet (remember that?), FF/Greens have suddenly realised (after a three month break while the country came close to bankruptcy) that people are really, really pissed about their jobs strategy - or lack of it.

FF/Green Solution:
Call the top heads in - the very same people who are overpaid by hundreds of thousands and laud it over organisations that have been shown to be corrupt and ARE frittering away billions of taxpayers money and conjure up a 70,000 jobs announcement.

Great stuff from clowen and gormless. Three years and we get an announcement. Hang on while we party.
Don`t believe a word out of their mouths.

An Gilladaker

foreignfield80

O'keefe announced that he will be announcing 74 announcements in the future.

Classic stuff....

anfieldabff

O'Keefe absolutely brutal

Dobbo asked about when this jobs initiative was planned, O'Keefe was completely wrong footed. Seems they only dreamed this up yesterday, when the latest jobless figures were published. Started waffling about all the jobs they had created, but had no answer for all the ones that were lost. For two years they have been telling us that we have turned the corner. 455000 on the dole, they have suddenly realised that this is not far from the iconic figure of half a million. We would already be at that figure were it not for emigration.
If this is the best muppet they can come up with for an RTE interview, the God helps us, nearly as bad as Thomas Byrne last night, and boy was he bad. Kept repeating the same sentence " we must not be that bad when people are willing to lend us money" (at a price).
Just go, for Gods sake go!!!