HenryHorace

714 the number that put's this pathetic FG government to shame. That's the number of Irish human beings who are waiting on trolley's for beds in our hospitals. This is now a national emergency and worthy of an election. FG have destroyed our society and are now making those most in need suffer.

Let's put Leo in the bin as he isn't up to the job no matter what his department of propaganda tell us.

Time for change.

asset test

The trolleys were largely empty during Storm Emma which suggests a lot of A+E visits are totally unnecessary. Ambulances were available for dire emergencies.

johnnypockets

Seems to be a particular bad problem in Limerick hospital. They account for 10% of number. Some hospitals seem to be better than others for coping. Why is that?

SuirView

714 the number that put's this pathetic FG government to shame. That's the number of Irish human beings who are waiting on trolley's for beds in our hospitals. This is now a national emergency and worthy of an election. FG have destroyed our society and are now making those most in need suffer.

Let's put Leo in the bin as he isn't up to the job no matter what his department of propaganda tell us.

Time for change.
For the record,
Who would put in as government?
Don't run away from your own thread.
Just post that you would like to see party X, party Y and maybe party Z in govt.
No shame

D

Deleted member 48908

Seems to be a particular bad problem in Limerick hospital. They account for 10% of number. Some hospitals seem to be better than others for coping. Why is that?
They have a disproportionate amount of stabbings.

Hibee

Time for change.
The referendum is a wonderful distraction from this scandal .

Nedz Newt

The trolleys were largely empty during Storm Emma which suggests a lot of A+E visits are totally unnecessary. Ambulances were available for dire emergencies.
Or it could just be that transport was impossible....

HenryHorace

For the record,
Just post that you would like to see party X, party Y and maybe party Z in govt.
No shame
SF

midlander12

About a month and a half ago my mother was sent into the A&E in Mullingar - over 20 people in various cubbyholes, corridors and a waiting room, mostly there all day and overnight. Up the road in Cavan, which also services two counties, had almost no one 'on trolleys'. Plenty of people were asking how so and they're still asking it.

Massey

All elective surgery was cancelled, ambulances were not available- sick people just got sicker at home and came in when the snow melted.
A lot of visits are unnecessary, but they dont get admitted, these are necessary visits of sick people who need admission.

HarshBuzz

johnnypockets

About a month and a half ago my mother was sent into the A&E in Mullingar - over 20 people in various cubbyholes, corridors and a waiting room, mostly there all day and overnight. Up the road in Cavan, which also services two counties, had almost no one 'on trolleys'. Plenty of people were asking how so and they're still asking it.
Something doesn't add up. This is what the government should be investigating.

Orbit v2

God bless the innocence of anyone who thinks kicking FG out and letting SF in, will solve the trolley crisis.

asset test

I am a veteran of A+E with dear mother over the years.

I didn't hear of anyone on social media or the papers or wherever saying their loved one died because they couldn't get to A+E under their own steam (i.e. not an ambulance) during the snow shut down.

I've seen it all. Most of it is time wasting. Because they can.

SuirView

For the record,
Poor SF only ran 50 candidates last election!
Where will they get the extra candidates & the extra seats to win an overall majority?
Thanks for your reply, but remember,
Don't run away from your own thread!
Thanks again.

asset test

Oh and sometimes people have no choice but to go to A+E as GPs do not work out of hours much.

I'm liking the idea of this video doc thing. Great idea. I know it is only until 10pm but that is much later than any GP I know anyway. And I accept that if you have an emergency outside those hours your only choice is A+E, but looking at the wait times, you'd be better off taking your chances after 10pm and waiting until your own GP opens.

https://videodoc.ie/

Massey

I am a veteran of A+E with dear mother over the years.

I didn't hear of anyone on social media or the papers or wherever saying their loved one died because they couldn't get to A+E under their own steam (i.e. not an ambulance) during the snow shut down.

I've seen it all. Most of it is time wasting. Because they can.

Clearly you were not aware of the patients stuck in their houses for 23 hours with fractured hips because the Army could not get to them,

Luckily for many tractors were able to get to the sickest and get them to hospitals and the thaw came quick enough that by Saturday/Sunday most routes were open.
Dialysis access was a huge problem for many .

The A&E overcrowding is due to sick patients needing admission and no beds being available. Nothing to do with "inappropriate" attendance.

And clearly by your knowledge that most people are time wasters: with that medical knowledge, could you not have treated your mother at home?

the secretary

For the record,
No shame
Let me guess.
I bet its the non corrupt, anti war, more Irish than rest, non propaganda, equality first, aiw political party.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies