• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

747 crash in Afghanistan - caught on video

D

Deleted member 17573

Cargo, including jeeps, shifted to the rear of the aircraft, centre of gravity shifted, plane nosed up and stalled.

Radix

Incredible.

May their memories rest in peace.

It didn't look impossibly nose high, and where was the thrust?

stopdoingstuff

Even trying to pretend that it was actually The Eagles, Savage Garden or Justin Bieber's tour plane did not make it any less disturbing

The Owl

I love watching planes land and take off. It has always amazed me. Kind of just proves to me the way we just assume all will be well, and the cavalier way we take to the skies, as if it's nothing. It's miraculas that so few die. To me anyway. Those poor people. But at least it happened so bloody fast they wouldn not have had time to sit and think. I often wonder about those poor people on board the planes used in the 9/11 attacks. God, what a bloody nightmare..

fuque

twas unside down before the final flip !! strange as it was still so very low..

drummed

Incredible.

May their memories rest in peace.

It didn't look impossibly nose high, and where was the thrust?
Eh, yes it did. It was vertical. Don't see how the load shifting back could be that bad. The load had to be tied down anyway.

greenbacks

This is like one of those really bad, vivid nightmares come to life. Terrifying, may they rest in peace.

gijoe

I'd imagine there was at least 3 on board, 2 pilots and the loader, but often with these flights there will be people hitching a lift so it would be no surprise if its more. Shannon is a likely destination.

Ribeye

I'd imagine there was at least 3 on board, 2 pilots and the loader, but often with these flights there will be people hitching a lift so it would be no surprise if its more. Shannon is a likely destination.
Unconfirmed by the US Military, but a crew of 8 apparently,

gijoe

Eh, yes it did. It was vertical. Don't see how the load shifting back could be that bad. The load had to be tied down anyway.
My initial assumption was a lack of thrust as well. Maybe they got a message to the tower before crashing that the load had shifted?