• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

80% of children in Navan school 'non-nationals' - Chronicle


Should a limit be imposed on the number of non-nationals allowed in a school?


  • Total voters
    44

Insider2007

Active member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
213
The Meath Chronicle this week has reported that 80% of entrants to Scoil Mhuire's junior infants class in Navan, Co Meath, are 'non nationals'.

Source:

Meath Chronicle
 

nawbut

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
38
so

Oh, so its 80% in one class, not in the school as a whole. Interesting statistic, what of it?

Should there be limits? Dont be silly. :|
 

Binx

Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
34
Yeah, I don't like the term non-national. Why can't we just call them foreigners or immigrants? Thats what they are after all. Damn PC brigade!
 

NeilW

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
4,634
Binx said:
Yeah, I don't like the term non-national. Why can't we just call them foreigners or immigrants? Thats what they are after all. Damn PC brigade!
Because surely most of them were actually born in Ireland and hence Irish? (Unless Navan has been hit by a sudden influx of immigrants who all already happened to have very young children.)
 

Binx

Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
34
Catalpa said:
We urgently need to put a cap on the numbers allowed in here otherwise the Irish will end up a minority in their own Country. :?
Ah now come on. Surely th trend has peaked and we will soon start to see a lot of these people repatriating to their home countries once they get the few (hard-earned) quid they came for and when they can get similar oppurtunities at home.
 

Catalpa

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
10,301
Re: so

nawbut said:
Oh, so its 80% in one class, not in the school as a whole. Interesting statistic, what of it?

Should there be limits? Dont be silly. :|
Yes but as the years go by at this rate of immigration the numbers of classes with non Irish children will just go up and up and up....end result schools where the Irish kids are a minority even though they are going to school in the land of their Birth.

Interesting to note that when Catalpa warned of the dangers of uncontrolled Mass Immigration he was branded a 'racist scaremongerer' 'how do you know' 'they are going home in a few years' etc etc -

yet now it is coming to pass... :?
 

Binx

Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
34
NeilW said:
Binx said:
Yeah, I don't like the term non-national. Why can't we just call them foreigners or immigrants? Thats what they are after all. Damn PC brigade!
Because surely most of them were actually born in Ireland and hence Irish? (Unless Navan has been hit by a sudden influx of immigrants who all already happened to have very young children.)
How about children of foreign descent then? This is what i'm talking about. :D
 

Catalpa

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
10,301
Binx said:
Catalpa said:
We urgently need to put a cap on the numbers allowed in here otherwise the Irish will end up a minority in their own Country. :?
Ah now come on. Surely th trend has peaked and we will soon start to see a lot of these people repatriating to their home countries once they get the few (hard-earned) quid they came for and when they can get similar oppurtunities at home.
No it has not 'peaked' by any means.

THEY ARE NOT GOING HOME.

THEY ARE HERE TO STAY.
 

rockofcashel

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Messages
7,956
Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Terrible thing.. terrible thing.. give it a rest lads..

By the way, I have decided that we shouldn't be using the non-national term either.. these people are nationals of somewhere...

Down with PC talk
 

NeilW

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
4,634
Binx said:
How about children of foreign descent then? This is what i'm talking about. :D
I prefer the term Irish myself but use whatever you want.
 

NeilW

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
4,634
Re: so

Catalpa said:
when Catalpa warned of the dangers of uncontrolled Mass Immigration he was branded a 'racist scaremongerer' 'how do you know' 'they are going home in a few years'
yet now it is coming to pass... :?
A Catalpa is never listened to in his own land...
 

scotusone

Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2006
Messages
88
Catalpa said:
Binx said:
Catalpa said:
We urgently need to put a cap on the numbers allowed in here otherwise the Irish will end up a minority in their own Country. :?
Ah now come on. Surely th trend has peaked and we will soon start to see a lot of these people repatriating to their home countries once they get the few (hard-earned) quid they came for and when they can get similar oppurtunities at home.
No it has not 'peaked' by any means.

THEY ARE NOT GOING HOME.

THEY ARE HERE TO STAY.
they are ?

huzzah !
 

Catalpa

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
10,301
Re: so

NeilW said:
Catalpa said:
when Catalpa warned of the dangers of uncontrolled Mass Immigration he was branded a 'racist scaremongerer' 'how do you know' 'they are going home in a few years'
yet now it is coming to pass... :?
A Catalpa is never listened to in his own land...
Oh I think there are very very many people out there who feel exactly like I do... :D
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
14
Binx said:
Yeah, I don't like the term non-national. Why can't we just call them foreigners or immigrants? Thats what they are after all. Damn PC brigade!
Relax Binx I've no problem with the term non-Irish national...it actually means something...but non-national is just sloppy
 

Catalpa

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
10,301
scotusone said:
Catalpa said:
Binx said:
Catalpa said:
We urgently need to put a cap on the numbers allowed in here otherwise the Irish will end up a minority in their own Country. :?
Ah now come on. Surely th trend has peaked and we will soon start to see a lot of these people repatriating to their home countries once they get the few (hard-earned) quid they came for and when they can get similar oppurtunities at home.
No it has not 'peaked' by any means.

THEY ARE NOT GOING HOME.

THEY ARE HERE TO STAY.
they are ?

huzzah !
Why say you?


That is Racism you are advocating - backing policies that will see us a minority in our own Country.
 

Binx

Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
34
Catalpa said:
Binx said:
Catalpa said:
We urgently need to put a cap on the numbers allowed in here otherwise the Irish will end up a minority in their own Country. :?
Ah now come on. Surely th trend has peaked and we will soon start to see a lot of these people repatriating to their home countries once they get the few (hard-earned) quid they came for and when they can get similar oppurtunities at home.
No it has not 'peaked' by any means.

THEY ARE NOT GOING HOME.

THEY ARE HERE TO STAY.
But a lot of them will go home. Some of them live ten(maybe?) to a house and are just trying to make enough money to get a head start in their own country. Others will stay and their children will talk like Irish kids so in twenty years time you won't be able to tell who is Irish and who is foreign.
Do you really feel THAT threatened by them?

African asylum seekers being a different matter entirely, mind.
 

nawbut

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
38
Re: so

Catalpa said:
nawbut said:
Oh, so its 80% in one class, not in the school as a whole. Interesting statistic, what of it?

Should there be limits? Dont be silly. :|
Yes but as the years go by at this rate of immigration the numbers of classes with non Irish children will just go up and up and up....end result schools where the Irish kids are a minority even though they are going to school in the land of their Birth.
As was pointed out earlier most of these kids are probably Irish by birth, merely of parents of foreign origin. But, if you dont like the ratios you can always lobby your TD to legislate for quotas in national schools. We might even consider not allowing any of them to go to school at all (100% Irish - imagine!), just retain them as a permanent, uneduated, servant class.

Catalpa said:
Interesting to note that when Catalpa warned of the dangers of uncontrolled Mass Immigration he was branded a 'racist scaremongerer' 'how do you know' 'they are going home in a few years' etc etc -

yet now it is coming to pass... :?
OK, so if we're doomed, we're doomed (but thanks for the warnings).
 

Sonny O'Neill

Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2005
Messages
43
Re: 80% of children in Navan school 'non-nationals' - Chroni

Insider2007 said:
The Meath Chronicle this week has reported that 80% of entrants to Scoil Mhuire's junior infants class in Navan, Co Meath, are 'non nationals'.

Source:

Meath Chronicle
Then you need to change the misleading title of this Topic. It's 80 per cent of new entrants. Not of the entire school.

Or else, see would they enrol you in Junior Infants Maths.
 
Top