9 kids and homeless now, is it time people stop taking the piss?

Lagertha

I just read this story in the Independent, the long and the short of it is that this woman has 9 kids aged 6 months to 17 years, presumably there's at least one father, yet she and the kids are living in tents since the landlord evicted them. My question is, should we not be putting an end to this nonsense of expecting the taxpayer, via the State, to fund these kids. 9 kids plus your rent paid for her, she must be coining it in. Where are her family, where are the father/father's of these kids, where are the grandparents?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mother-and-nine-children-left-with-no-choice-but-to-live-in-tents-after-losing-home-37049081.html

blinding

I just read this story in the Independent, the long and the short of it is that this woman has 9 kids aged 6 months to 17 years, presumably there's at least one father, yet she and the kids are living in tents since the landlord evicted them. My question is, should we not be putting an end to this nonsense of expecting the taxpayer, via the State, to fund these kids. 9 kids plus your rent paid for her, she must be coining it in. Where are her family, where are the father/father's of these kids, where are the grandparents?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mother-and-nine-children-left-with-no-choice-but-to-live-in-tents-after-losing-home-37049081.html
Its not Piss that is causing the Problem !

Watcher2

The fathers should be made support them. Of course, maybe he/they are supporting but not telling the Social. Fathers name should be mandatorily included on birth certs like in other countries, like Sweden for instance. If he is not supporting, I believe the money is taken from his wages and the mother gets it/a payment (which could be more than the wage deduction). Even if the father is on welfare, a deduction is taken from his dole.

Proper order.

Bea C

How many people can afford nine children?

Old Mr Grouser

Whatever.

Thank Heavens there are still some women having babies.

The County Council must buy a house and give it to her.

[video=youtube;SekcK5k-GEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SekcK5k-GEc[/video]

Disillusioned democrat

Probably 5 of those kids were born since FG were in government but they've made NO changes to social welfare or housing policies, despite Varadkar himself making a name as being "tough" on social welfare frauds and declaring himself all for "the people who get up early:roll:.

FG are obviously happy with that status quo - the tax payer funds the single parent families and in most cases provides a tax payer funded rented home or emergency accommodation too.

It's big business

GDPR

Ours not to judge in this case and I wouldn't hold the 9 kids against her.

Our job here, as a society, such as it is, would be to talk some sense to her, go after the fathers in terms on financial contribution and help her look after the kids.

OrderoftheDragon

Another non Irish contributing to the "housing crisis".....no country for Irish people.

Disillusioned democrat

Ours not to judge in this case and I wouldn't hold the 9 kids against her.

Our job here, as a society, such as it is, would be to talk some sense to her, go after the fathers in terms on financial contribution and help her look after the kids.

I think when you're paying 50% of your salary in tax and can hardly afford to look after your own 2 or 3 kids you do REALLY get to judge some lady who can't seem to stop having kids long after she's in no position to look after them herself...she's effectively forced herself into the tax payers life and is dipping into their wallets.

Last edited:

recedite

Camping on the beach while the good weather lasts. Then back to free B&B and or hotel accommodation until such time as they can find a 6-bedroom house to give her.
And still she complains.

Kommunist

She seemed to have been in the position for 5 years if she was living in a house and paying rent? Also irrespective of where she derives her income, she likely spends it all in the local economy anyway?

farnaby

If there's one thing the Independent excels at, it's putting up 'sympathetic' articles about people whose choices have inevitably led them to their precarious situation.

Can't pay the mortgage on a house that was always worth 10x your salary? Can't get a job when you've unqualified to do anything? Can't afford to feed your 13 kids? The Indo journalist gets to show their compassionate side but the articles are swiped up with Daily Mail-esque fury by those of us paying a mortgage and limiting our family sizes.

The Field Marshal

IINM you and a majority of the irish people think it acceptable to seize this woman and forcibly sterilise her.

if when taken she was pregnant then she would also be forcibly aborted.

That is what irish people seem to want these days is it not?

Hitchcock

Another day another pet hate for you to throw your noxious attitudes around...seriously have you f_uck all else to be worried about?

Hitchcock

Camping on the beach while the good weather lasts. Then back to free B&B and or hotel accommodation until such time as they can find a 6-bedroom house to give her.
And still she complains.
Unlike you she has something to complain about...get some perspective FFS.

Herr Rommel

She is taking the pi55 and it's a fupping joke that she can continue to pop out kids and expect the Irish tax payer to carry the load.

Hitchcock

She is taking the pi55 and it's a fupping joke that she can continue to pop out kids and expect the Irish tax payer to carry the load.
All the usual clowns are out today....go and rear up with your local vulture find or REIT if you're so f_ucking concerned about the taxpayer.

Disillusioned democrat

FG can change the SW policies at any stage to prevent this, but oddly never have, despite being in government for nearly 8 years now at a time when we were supposedly broke....it's almost as if they prefer the majority of kids in the country to be born into SW dependency.

Popular Threads

Most Replies