90% of Limerick measles cases in the 12% unvaccinated; Children hospitalised, thanks antivaxxers!

GJG

Website
blog.hereshow.ie
In the Limerick measles outbreak, 90 per cent of the cases are among the 12 per cent children who are totally unvaccinated.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/18-of-20-measles-victims-unvaccinated-467711.html

Just 10 per cent of cases (two instances) have occurred among children who are either partially of fully vaccinated.

So, while we have children lying in hospital with a serious, highly infectious disease, and health resources being diverted to try to contain the outbreak, can we have some of the antivaxxers on to explain again why vaccines don't work?

Last edited:

Emily Davison

In the Limerick measles outbreak, 90 per cent of the cases are among the 12 per cent children who are totally vaccinated.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/18-of-20-measles-victims-unvaccinated-467711.html

Just 10 per cent of cases (two instances) have occurred among children who are either partially of fully vaccinated.

So, while we have children lying in hospital with a serious, highly infectious disease, and health resources being diverted to try to contain the outbreak, can we have some of the antivaxxers on to explain again why vaccines don't work?
They have sent out special vax teams in Limerick to try and get the kids vaccinated. Seems it's a particular problem there as they haven't reached the 95% rate that covers everybody (In general).

I had measles and I wouldn't wish it on any child. Unlike other's of my generation I didn't die (obviously) or have serious side effects. .

CookieMonster

In the Limerick measles outbreak, 90 per cent of the cases are among the 12 per cent children who are totally vaccinated.

So, while we have children lying in hospital with a serious, highly infectious, and health resources being diverted to try to contain the outbreak, can we have some of the antivaxxers on to explain again why vaccines don't work?
As I have said before, if you choose not to vaccinate your children then fine. That's your choice.
But you should no longer be allowed to take advantage of state funded childcare, education, medical care nor other forms of state assistance such as children's allowance. Vaccination is a public, not personal, health issue and by not vaccinating your children you put other more vulnerable children at risk.

You can be a deluded, conspiratorial, child abusing lunatic, if you so choose to be, but you should bloody well bare the brunt of your utterly foolish decision. Certainly the state, or others, shouldn't be disadvantaged because you're a f**king idiot.

CookieMonster

They have sent out special vax teams in Limerick to try and get the kids vaccinated. Seems it's a particular problem there as they haven't reached the 95% rate that covers everybody (In general).

I had measles and I wouldn't wish it on any child. Unlike other's of my generation I didn't die (obviously) or have serious side effects. .
I dunno, I think this man hating of your might be as a result of it. You seem incredibly intolerant of small prlcks. :lol:

ShoutingIsLeadership

Typo...

Researchwill

As I have said before, if you choose not to vaccinate your children then fine. That's your choice.
But you should no longer be allowed to take advantage of state funded childcare, education, medical care nor other forms of state assistance such as children's allowance. Vaccination is a public, not personal, health issue and by not vaccinating your children you put other more vulnerable children at risk.

You can be a deluded, conspiratorial, child abusing lunatic, if you so choose to be, but you should bloody well bare the brunt of your utterly foolish decision. Certainly the state, or others, shouldn't be disadvantaged because you're a f**king idiot.
While I totally understand your view, the effect would be to further disadvantage children, who have had no choice in the decision. By withdrawing health care in effect the state would be killing some if not many of those children. I agree something must be done, i am all in favour where it can be proved that the parents are criminally liable for injury or death suffered by any child.

ShoutingIsLeadership

That's counter productive. It will just further persuade people that this is a big government conspiracy.

Education, education, education. And positive incentives (not bribes or punishments)

drjimryan2

I remember working in a factory during the 90's.......

the management came up with the idea to get everyone, free of charge, the flu vaccine....it seemed like a great idea......

WOW!........not a chance would they get it, one girl even suggested that it was a plot by the boss to inject with work hard serum!

CookieMonster

While I totally understand your view, the effect would be to further disadvantage children, who have had no choice in the decision. By withdrawing health care in effect the state would be killing some if not many of those children. I agree something must be done, i am all in favour where it can be proved that the parents are criminally liable for injury or death suffered by any child.
Or these morons will cop on and realise their swivel eyed bugfúckery has consequences far wider than whatever crap Shirley is posting about on Facebook.

former wesleyan

CookieMonster

That's counter productive. It will just further persuade people that this is a big government conspiracy.

Education, education, education. And positive incentives (not bribes or punishments)

The positive incentive at the moment is: Take this and your children won't die, or cause other children do die.

They still opt not to do it. Public health is too important to fúck around with being all kid gloves with this lunacy.

ShoutingIsLeadership

The positive incentive at the moment is: Take this and your children won't die, or cause other children do die.

They still opt not to do it. Public health is too important to fúck around with being all kid gloves with this lunacy.
Well, is that approach working? Evidently not. The vast majority of children who are not vaccinated will not die or get ill, so it's not a realistic incentive.

People's fears need to be addressed

CookieMonster

Well, is that approach working? Evidently not. The vast majority of children who are not vaccinated will not die or get ill, so it's not a realistic incentive.

People's fears need to be addressed
You can't address irrational fears. People believe vaccines cause X, Y and Z. Science, evidence based science with years of solid data behind it shows it doesn't but... well it would say that, wouldn't it? Big Pharma etc. :roll:

There's no keeping people who engage in this nonsense on board. Unless you make them and you can be damn sure that the thought of having to home school little Saorise or pay €1,000's for her to attend a private medical clinic when she does contract some easily controlled disease will sort this shít out for good. If someone really does believe it then let them go live in the woods and die early, it woudl be doing us all a favour.

I have two nephews with compromised immune systems owing to a genetic condition. They want to do go school and play with their friends like every other child out there. But something like this could kill them. They can't be vaccinated, they rely on herd immunity antivaxxer lunatics diminish that every day. Their mother sends them off to school every day terrified that she'll hear about a similar thing happening. Then, assuming they don't get sick, she will have to home school them because, no matter how much they want it, she can't send them to school and will have to home school them.

PBP voter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eradication_of_infectious_diseases

Once a certain threshold has been reached, herd immunity gradually eliminates a disease from a population.[5] This elimination, if achieved worldwide, may result in the permanent reduction in the number of infections to zero, called eradication.[6] This method was used for the eradication of smallpox in 1977 and for the regional elimination of other diseases.

If more and more loony people stop their children from getting vaccines we could see the return of some really nasty diseases.

Website
www.merrionstreet.ie
[

QUOTE=GJG;11870287]In the Limerick measles outbreak, 90 per cent of the cases are among the 12 per cent children who are totally unvaccinated.

So, while we have children lying in hospital with a serious, highly infectious disease, and health resources being diverted to try to contain the outbreak, can we have some of the antivaxxers on to explain again why vaccines don't work?[/QUOTE]

Civic_critic2

For one thing, the idea that medical trials and medical results are trustworthy is only believed in by the uninformed. The informed know that results in the main medical journals have been reported repeatedly as compromised and more or less balderdash by the medical professionals themselves.

Secondly, what happened to Wakefield for the sin of stepping outside the mainstream and reporting a different set of results than expected does not inspire confidence. The human body has trillions of cells and is enormously complex and a variety of results would be not unexpected across such complexity. The roaring 'our way or the highway' reaction to one simple contrary results indicates a level of vitriolic bias that does not inspire confidence.

Thirdly and most importantly, for those who do not wish to use the MMR vaccine the single jab measles vaccine - tried and trusted - has been withdrawn and MMR imposed in a coercive manner. Therefore for those who wish to blame 'anti-vaxxers' for measles outbreaks - you would be better off and more accurate to accuse the government of the main responsibility for these outbreaks since they have withdrawn the single measles jab and refused to offer it as an alternative within this fairly unique situation.

GJG

Website
blog.hereshow.ie
You can't address irrational fears. People believe vaccines cause X, Y and Z. Science, evidence based science with years of solid data behind it shows it doesn't but... well it would say that, wouldn't it? Big Pharma etc. :roll:

There's no keeping people who engage in this nonsense on board. Unless you make them and you can be damn sure that the thought of having to home school little Saorise or pay €1,000's for her to attend a private medical clinic when she does contract some easily controlled disease will sort this shít out for good. If someone really does believe it then let them go live in the woods and die early, it woudl be doing us all a favour.

I have two nephews with compromised immune systems owing to a genetic condition. They want to do go school and play with their friends like every other child out there. But something like this could kill them. They can't be vaccinated, they rely on herd immunity antivaxxer lunatics diminish that every day. Their mother sends them off to school every day terrified that she'll hear about a similar thing happening. Then, assuming they don't get sick, she will have to home school them because, no matter how much they want it, she can't send them to school and will have to home school them.
My best wishes to them.

I understand your position, but I don't think that punitive measures will work, regardless how well-intentioned.

I do think that it is justified to shift as much risk and cost as possible onto these numpties. In particular, all childcare facilities and schools that have a policy of admitting children without vaccines (or valid medical reason not to) should be liable for personal injury claims from children such as your nephews who are infected as a result.

statsman

[

QUOTE=GJG;11870287]In the Limerick measles outbreak, 90 per cent of the cases are among the 12 per cent children who are totally unvaccinated.

[/QUOTE]

F#ck off.

Last edited:

Lagertha

F#ck off.[/QUOTE]

You might not like it but he has a valid point. Forget racism accusations for a minute and look at the problem of migrants coming from the Middle East and Africa where vaccinations for diseases aren't common. There's a resurgence in Europe of diseases that hadn't been seen here since the Middle Ages. Instead of getting abusive get realistic, vaccinations are important and if people aren't vaccinated we end up with epidemics. Do a search and you'll see for yourself and see, or just post abusive comments while children lie in hospital beds and you play keyboard warrior.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies