90 percent of Tory Leave voters say destabilizing the peace process is a price worth paying

Socratus O' Pericles

Indeed. Japan gets free trade without paying into the EU budget or having to accept freedom of movement.

What a terrible fate awaits the UK.
DEC 20, 2017

LONDON – Despite hopes for a good free trade deal with Japan, the United Kingdom is unlikely to improve on the recent agreement between Tokyo and Brussels, and could end up worse off, experts sa
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/12/20/business/post-brexit-britain-may-struggle-top-japan-eu-free-trade-deal/#.WpE_mkfp2hA

GDPR

Nothing closet about her, unless you're referring to where she hangs her gold bikini when the weather doesn't permit her to wear it.
Off line I'm actually quite a shy person, but it is pretty obvious very soon once you talk to me that I am most definitely a Tory in the true sense of the word. When I was little girl I really loved the Windsors and had pictures I cut out of them adorning my wall, when I found out they were total scum I was really heart broken, I actually went into a deep depression, but baruch Hashem I than discovered that they weren't Legitimate Royalty which snapped me out of it.

shiel

Almost 90 percent of Tory Leave voters say destabilizing the peace process is a price worth paying for Brexit. But opposition among some Brexiteers to the Good Friday Agreement runs deeper than their fears that it could scupper dreams of a clean break with Brussels. A number of prominent Tories are long-running critics of an agreement (brokered under a Labour government) that paved the way for former IRA fighters to enter government. Environment Secretary Michael Gove has even compared the process that led to the 1998 deal to the appeasement of the Nazis in the 1930s and the condoning of the desires of pedophiles.

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexiteers-broadside-northern-ireland-peace-deal-good-friday-agreement/

Its no wonder they can work with the DUP.
Says it all really.

The basis of Brexit is English racism.

Windowshopper

It's almost as if British rule is not in any part of this island's interests because the English will always prioritize their own.

McSlaggart

Says it all really.

One only wonders what they make of the DUP.... they are not rasist just dont be a Catholic.....

"A DUP MP has hit out at a former Presbyterian Moderator who said there is a "reservoir of anti-Catholicism and sectarianism" in the Orange Order.

The Rev Ken Newell claimed that the Order needed to address the problem by engaging in dialogue with Catholics. However, Lagan Valley MP and leading Orangeman Sir Jeffrey Donaldson last night branded Dr Newell's views as "outdated and unfair"."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dup-slams-presbyterians-claim-orange-order-is-sectarian-35964261.html

shiel

Brexit was a result of decades of anti-EU propaganda by much of the London media.

Brexit tore up a treaty signed by the UK with nearly thirty European democracies to cooperate in matters of mutual interest in a continent that was reduced to ruin by imperial/totalitarian conflicts over centuries.

Brexit also undermined the Good Friday Agreement signed with a former colony - Ireland. Together with the recent visit of the Queen the Good Friday Agreement was an attempt to draw a line under centuries of colonial conflict.

Brexit is therefore not alone anti-international cooperation but also a declaration of a continuation of centuries old political, economic and indeed military conflicts.

bokuden

Indeed. Japan gets free trade without paying into the EU budget or having to accept freedom of movement.

What a terrible fate awaits the UK.
Japan actually makes stuff people want to buy, Plus it has been further integrating with the EU and canada as it realises that the 21st century will be controlled by " empires of trade".

Socratus O' Pericles

It comes down to a simple feeling really, “forriners we don’t like ‘em”... neither the ones from the colonies nor the continental ones. Better off on our own, always were, will be in the future.

Mitsui2

Off line I'm actually quite a shy person, but it is pretty obvious very soon once you talk to me that I am most definitely a Tory in the true sense of the word.
Yes, but - as with so very many p.ie posters - when you say something like "in the true sense of the word", what you mean is "by my own definition of the word."

You're a true Tory in the same way that you're a true Catholic.

tsarbomb

The Brits don't understand or care about Ireland.

You'd have to be really thick not to have that one sussed out already.

hollandia

OK

I didn't ask you that. I asked you to imagine if you thought your country's sovereignty was at risk, and risking a temporary (anyone who thinks anything in NI is permanent isn't serious) destabilization of the situation in Bray would be a price worth paying.
Let me answer that. Lets assume there is a referendum on topic x in Ireland. If one of the ramifications of voting for topic x are that potentially lots of people will die in country y, I can't in all conscience vote for it. Simples really, in your imaginary scenario. We can conclude that brexiteers are selfishly motivated, politically illiterate moron. In your imaginary scenario.

Jack O Neill

the most shocking thing for me is that 90% of Tory voters know the Peace Process actually existed.............
Thats about the same number that thinks they are an empire or are about to return to being one , hardly surprising

GDPR

Yes, but - as with so very many p.ie posters - when you say something like "in the true sense of the word", what you mean is "by my own definition of the word."

Well you said I was a closet Tory so obviously you believe that I am a Tory.

hollandia

Well, the true sense of the word Tory is thief or brigand. From toraidh, and old Irish word for highwayman.

Jack O Neill

The Brits don't understand or care about Ireland.

You'd have to be really thick not to have that one sussed out already.
yes yes quite , and we know they are thick , but even thickos must know that breaking international agreements don't end well , especially as the herd are already on the edge of a cliff

GDPR

Says it all really.

Shiel John Major for all his faults did an immense amount of heavy lifting as regards the Peace Process, he deserves more credit than Blair does, however let us remember that it was the scum of Fine Gael who did so much to try and scupper it.

GDPR

Well, the true sense of the word Tory is thief or brigand. From toraidh, and old Irish word for highwayman.
Yes it was a Whig insult originally but it was adopted with pride by those they were trying to insult.

InsideImDancing

The GFA was another British Disgrace. They should have just left. No morals.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies