• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

92% of the Job Measures Promised have been Delivered

Ulster-Lad

The government has stated that 92% of the job measures they have promised have been delivered. They are proud of the fact that, they say, there has been a 12,000 increase in the number of people now in work.

The government can take this as good news but the other 88,000 jobs promised in the initiatives must rest with the 8% that has not come to fruition.

Govt delivered on 92% of job measures, according to progress report | BreakingNews.ie

http://www.enterprise.gov.ie/News/Action_Plan_for_Jobs_2012_92_of_measures_delivered_8211;_Taoiseach_Tanaiste_Minister_for_Jobs.html

Well done FG.

Last edited:

daveL

I hope they don't believe their own spin

Bobcolebrooke

The government has stated that 92% of the job measures they have promised have been delivered. They are proud of the fact that, they say, there has been a 12,000 increase in the number of people now in work.

The government can take this as good news but the other 88,000 jobs promised in the initiatives must rest with the 8% that has not come to fruition.

Govt delivered on 92% of job measures, according to progress report | BreakingNews.ie

Well done FG.
He looks wrecked!

Ruff says Flaherty

They didn't deliver on the important one of getting more foreign direct investment in areas others than Dublin.

Rural Ireland is taking a battering.

realistic1

Well done FG.

and our compliant media will only make a small effort to disagree. The media should be ridiculing the above statement.

Bobcolebrooke

They didn't deliver on the important one of getting more foreign direct investment in areas others than Dublin.

It must be difficult enough getting multinationals to Ireland in the first place without dictating to them where they locate in Ireland!

daveL

and our compliant media will only make a small effort to disagree. The media should be ridiculing the above statement.
when our 'media' is solely comprised of redirected press releases and soap boxes for windbags; that's hardly a surprise

Ribeye

They make The Think of It look like a serious documentary,

Clowns:)

daveL

Wonder will the Irish Slimes give us the 'Why' behind this release?

greengoose2

Wonder will the Irish Slimes give us the 'Why' behind this release?
I met that toad of a spoofer on two occasions and the word you used above aptly describes how I found him! This is all sleaze and is designed to make these fools feel self important. There are no jobs and I believe what is included in the 12,000 claim is that jobscam scheme.

Ulster-Lad

The unemployed numbers will probably rise again now that the seasonal hires for Christmas are let go.

joemac67

I met that toad of a spoofer on two occasions and the word you used above aptly describes how I found him! This is all sleaze and is designed to make these fools feel self important. There are no jobs and I believe what is included in the 12,000 claim is that jobscam scheme.

One has to feel slightly sorry for Fine Gael minsters , in opposition to fIanna failure nobody could see just how bllloody incompetent they really were, but now they are like rabbits with myxomatosis in a car headlights, what a shambles of a country

sauntersplash

You live in cuckoo land if you think rural Ireland stands any chance of growth in the years to come. Why would it? And more importantly why should it?

JKDDamian

i would love to see some actual figures on this. According to the CSO average unemployment was up 0.2% in 2012 and the labour force figures for 11/12 are also a joke. They must have made some amazing gains in January 2013.

sauntersplash

Blacktie, HMV, B&Q........................How many more to come?
Seriously though, if you grew up in Ireland with free education up to fourth level and you're relying on a job at one of these companies, you might want to place just a little bit of blame on yourself. Just a little bit...