A Call to all of the Opposition in Dáil Éireann

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Regarding the IMF/EU proposed bailout.

Make it clear that the next Government will NOT honour any deal done by the current one. Put it to the IMF and Europe that any deal done by FF and the Green Party, who are acting without a mandate, will be put to a referendum if you win an election.

Do what is best in the interest of the Irish people and not profligate banks. Make a promise to put any deal to the Irish people in a referendum as the government of Iceland did.

Sync

Why on earth would they do that? They know the money's needed and they're going to win the election anyway. Why would they do something that would cripple their run in government?

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

They could just resign on mass and force an election.
True. That idea was proposed months ago and laughed at by those affiliated with Lab and FG here, though personally I like it.

Would that solve the problem whereby the Irish people should have a say in this proposed bailout and whether or not we should accept the terms (if we don't like them)?

oggy

Regarding the IMF/EU proposed bailout.

Make it clear that the next Government will NOT honour any deal done by the current one. Put it to the IMF and Europe that any deal done by FF and the Green Party, who are acting without a mandate, will be put to a referendum if you win an election.

Do what is best in the interest of the Irish people and not profligate banks. Make a promise to put any deal to the Irish people in a referendum as the government of Iceland did.
A classic example of why the ABFF terrify me !!

TimBuckII

Twitter
Yes I am
True. That idea was proposed months ago and laughed at by those affiliated with Lab and FG here, though personally I like it.

Would that solve the problem whereby the Irish people should have a say in this proposed bailout and whether or not we should accept the terms (if we don't like them)?
Yes. We would be electing a Government to do that. We might not like it but at least they would have a mandate.

justme1

I don't speak for any political party. :rolleyes:

I thoroughly dislike FG as much as FF in fact.
And why wouldn't you,they are two sides of the one coin,it's just one side though is filthy

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Yes. We would be electing a Government to do that. We might not like it but at least they would have a mandate.
A mandate for what though? What if the terms are not acceptable?

Even where each political party to put forward their stall regarding any possible deal that would still not guarantee that, behind closed doors, we'd get the best deal that we agree upon. A referendum would solve this problem.

Marooned

I'd prefer the opposition to come out and say they will start an immediate investigation into Fianna Fail and their relationship with Bankers, developers and others who have profited from their management.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

I'd prefer the opposition to come out and say they will start an immediate investigation into Fianna Fail and their relationship with Bankers, developers and others who have profited from their management.
+1

As well as a referendum on the terms of the EU/IMF deal.

New Threads

Most Replies