A civil war in the American Deep State?

parentheses

Current extraordinary allegations concerning Donald Trump seem to indicate a vicious conflict within the American establishment, with deep involvement by intelligence agencies. The involvement of John McCain indicates that the "neocon" branch of the American "deep State" are deeply hostile to Trump.

On the other hand, Henry Kissinger has stated that Trump could go down in history as "a very considerable President". Kissinger is known to have cordial relations with the Putin regime, something which is anathema to the neoconservatives. For example, Kissinger suggested that Russia's occupation of Crimea will have to be recognised. Kissinger has been associated with the Rockefeller family, who were known to ave a large influence on US Republican administrations' foreign policy before the rise of the neocons.

Writer F W Engdahl suggests Kissinger, through Trump, may attempt a master strategy which will tempt Russia back into becoming a friend of the west. In so doing, Kissinger hopes to undermine Russia's relationship with China.Is Trump the Back Door Man for Henry A. Kissinger & Co? | New Eastern Outlook

PeaceGoalie

Henry Kissinger is not only a devil but a devil as dangerous as Lucifer, Satan or any of the top guys in that outfit.

Polly Ticks

Christ on a Predator drone, not Kissinger.

Well it was always likely to go that way... "You connect so well with the people Donald. You focus on the domestic stuff and the economy and let us take care of foreign relations and war and all that nasty, complicated stuff you don't want to bother your urine filled wig with."

The Field Marshal

that outfit doesn't exist , try sticking to reality
You are demonstrably not capable of understanding even elementary logic.

That you now seek to define reality is the best joke of the year so far.

jpc

Henry Kissinger is not only a devil but a devil as dangerous as Lucifer, Satan or any of the top guys in that outfit.
The people of Cambodia and Laos will concur with your observation.

Malcolm Redfellow

Website
redfellow.blogspot.com
Twitter
mredfellow
Kissinger? Good grief! Now it gets personal.

My youngest daughter financed her gap-year with Silver Service waitressing. As a result she was cleared by MI5 and the CIA to serve Kissinger at some London City do. She still writhes at the humiliation of being declared Persil (I may wonder had they made the link to her semi-Republican, politically-deviant father).

Worse still, I always revered Tom Lehrer for giving up his satire on the basis that awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to Kissinger rendered satire obsolete. Then I found that was yet another Lehrer myth.

However, Bernie Sanders was never more acute than denouncing Kissinger as responsible for one of the "worst genocides in the history of the world."

PeaceGoalie

No: that was started by Dani Rabaiotti of ZSL, and is spreadsheeted here.
I listened to that. Such is academic research. Not the worst as it happens

My youngest daughter financed her gap-year with Silver Service waitressing. As a result she was cleared by MI5 and the CIA to serve Kissinger at some London City do. She still writhes at the humiliation of being declared Persil (I may wonder had they made the link to her semi-Republican, politically-deviant father).

Worse still, I always revered Tom Lehrer for giving up his satire on the basis that awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to Kissinger rendered satire obsolete. Then I found that was yet another Lehrer myth.

However, Bernie Sanders was never more acute than denouncing Kissinger as responsible for one of the "worst genocides in the history of the world."
Henry Kissinger. Hearing that name is akin to being a Jew and see Hitler walk past your window. There are much deeper issues here. Though I believe Trump has to be a better option than Clinton and though believing he is largely self-serving, as for example in that Scottish golf scam with the SNP, even if we give him the benefit of the doubt, having Kissinger, who John McCain admires, is akin to a death knell. In Ireland, the problem is a lack of depth in talent, In the USA, it mudst be the gate keepers. A new broom is only a broom. Others control its use.

Clanrickard

This thread should be a hoot. All the usual loonies, Putin fan boys, commies and conspiracy nuts are going to have a field day.

RasherHash

RasherHash

Walter Mitty how are ya? ;)

Malcolm Redfellow

Website
redfellow.blogspot.com
Twitter
mredfellow
Can't resist temptation: one last — and favourite — Kissinger story.

Tricky Dicky Nixon was trying to engage pleasantly with the wonderful Golda Meir (the once-upon-a-time Golda Mabovitch of the Milwaukee north side).

So Nixon invoked Abba Eban (born South Africa, briefly of Belfast, triple-first of Queens' College, Oxford). Eban spoke with a deliciously-syrupy BBC-English accent.

Having touched on their mutual American roots, Nixon ventured further: "Well, Madam Prime Minister, we have something more in common. We both have Jewish foreign ministers".

"Yeah", replied Golda, not to be soft-soaped, "but mine speaks better English."

Back to the main thrust of this thread.

Whatever the dubious aspects of Christopher Steele's dossier, "it is a very sophisticated fabrication" and has already succeeded:
... for Vladimir Putin, the dossier affair, following allegations of a compromised presidential election, has the effect, deliberately planned or not, of advancing Moscow’s long-held aim of weakening the US, paralysing its political decision-making process, and avenging Russia’s humiliation at the close of the cold war.

It may be that Putin is entirely innocent, as the Russian president’s spokesmen claim. Or the opposite may be the case. In a sense it does not matter. The damage has been done, and for the Kremlin, it’s a no-lose. The unprecedented confusion and disarray in the US is what old KGB agents like Putin could only dream of.
The self-aggrandising, self-anointing Great Men of our world may arrogantly posture, but cannot overcome sniggering and mockery. Whether true or not is irrelevant: "the" Donald Trump is a chie-au-lit.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies