A Clear Need For A Register Of Minimum Wage Payers!

SlickWilly

The trade union movement could gain a little ground back on this one! We clearly need a national register to compile a list of capitalist scum paying half nothing or trying to substantially force low wages down! So the general public can decide wheter or not to do business with sleeveens!
Of course the one argument against this is given that we don't actually have a society here as has been clearly proven, it might encourage a few Paddys to do business with such 'employers', thinking out of pure selfishness they might save a penny or two on the backs of slave workers!
Driving low wages further down, especially in percentage terms lower than social welfare cuts will have only one effect massively increase the disincentive to work - who wants to work for rubbish?

Cael

And we shouldnt forget that many of these vermin are paying less than minimum wage.

DeputyEdo

The trade union movement could gain a little ground back on this one! We clearly need a national register to compile a list of capitalist scum paying half nothing or trying to substantially force low wages down! So the general public can decide wheter or not to do business with sleeveens!
Of course the one argument against this is given that we don't actually have a society here as has been clearly proven, it might encourage a few Paddys to do business with such 'employers', thinking out of pure selfishness they might save a penny or two on the backs of slave workers!
Driving low wages further down, especially in percentage terms lower than social welfare cuts will have only one effect massively increase the disincentive to work - who wants to work for rubbish?
Have you started asking all the businesses you deal with how much they pay?
the top you're wearing, who made it and how much do they pay?
The food in your kitchen..same thing.

Cael

Have you started asking all the businesses you deal with how much they pay?
the top you're wearing, who made it and how much do they pay?
The food in your kitchen..same thing.
You have to start somewhere. I'd advise people to stop eating fast food. Its terrible for your health, and all these scumbags pay minimum wage and less.

DeputyEdo

You have to start somewhere. I'd advise people to stop eating fast food. Its terrible for your health, and all these scumbags pay minimum wage and less.
I agree.....but the OP should start, it's his idea
I don't eat fast food really. Haven't eaten a McDonalds or Burger King etc in about 12 years......I realised that for food to be that cheap, it has to contain a lot of rubbish.

niall78

Great idea. A business that can't provide its workers with a living wage should have no right to have said business. I for one would boycott any business that pays the minimum slave wage.

I've seen how minimum wage workers are treated by the richest in our country. These 'domestic helpers' are no more than domestic slaves treated with contempt by their 'employers' or masters.

It always amazes me how well off people can justify pocketing extra profits by taking a giant sh1t on the poorest people that do the sh1test jobs.

davehiggz

We're trying to create jobs aren't we?

We don't need more bureaucratic laws and red tape to govern businesses. Not to mention the amount of paperwork and cushy jobs for public servants and their union leeches.

Skin

Just as a matter of course, in all the headlines about the minimum wage being cut to €7.65, it is alarming how many so-called 'experts' do not understand what has occured. Just because the NMW is reduced to €7.65 does not mean that those currently on €8.65 will suffer a pay cut.

E.g.

Mary Smith is employed for €8.65 on Dec 6th.
The government reduces NMW to €7.65 on Dec 7th
Mary Smith still gets €8.65 on Dec 8th.

If there is written terms and conditions (which their should be) between the employer and the employee, and those t&c say the rate of pay is €8.65ph, then the employer cannot unilaterly cut the pay of the worker.

indy

The minimum wage in Ireland is about 4 times the _average_ global wage. So the vast majority of the world earns less than someone on the minimum wage in Ireland.

Cael

I agree.....but the OP should start, it's his idea
I don't eat fast food really. Haven't eaten a McDonalds or Burger King etc in about 12 years......I realised that for food to be that cheap, it has to contain a lot of rubbish.
I remember when I was a student I worked in a meat factory near Dunboyne. We were told to sweep up the floor and through it in with the burger mince. Once I saw a vet catching a young fellow doing that, and the foreman told him off infront of the vet. But, once the vet was gone, the foreman told him go go back to throwing the dirt in with the burgers.

DeputyEdo

I remember when I was a student I worked in a meat factory near Dunboyne. We were told to sweep up the floor and through it in with the burger mince. Once I saw a vet catching a young fellow doing that, and the foreman told him off infront of the vet. But, once the vet was gone, the foreman told him go go back to throwing the dirt in with the burgers.
mmmm...dirt burgers....my favourite :D

It's amazing what people will eat because it's cheap...yet they'd think nothing of spending hundreds of euro on a phone or mp3 player or something.

MZDazy

The minimum wage in Ireland is about 4 times the _average_ global wage. So the vast majority of the world earns less than someone on the minimum wage in Ireland.
And could you also tell us the average global price of accommodation, heat, light, transport, food, clothes, shoes, healthcare, education? Have I forgotten anything else essential?

Astral Peaks

Yes, great idea!

The employees will be happier and healthier on the dole.

SlickWilly

Astral, your'e damn right most minimum wage workers save those trapped by horrible debt would be far better off relaxing then collaborating with a genocidal capitalist system by accepting a few shillings for hard labour!
The road to perdition is to cut wages of poorly paid private sector workers!

corporal punishment

Capitalist scum? you mean like family owned shops?
If the cap fits. But I think he meant IBEC members. Lots of companies discourage their staff from joining unions. Meanwhile, they see nothing wrong with being members of IBEC.

Astral Peaks

Astral, your'e damn right most minimum wage workers save those trapped by horrible debt would be far better off relaxing then collaborating with a genocidal capitalist system by accepting a few shillings for hard labour!
The road to perdition is to cut wages of poorly paid private sector workers!
Psst, dont tell anybody, but I was being sarcastic!

corporal punishment

And could you also tell us the average global price of accommodation, heat, light, transport, food, clothes, shoes, healthcare, education? Have I forgotten anything else essential?
iPods.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies