• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

A Cure for Grey Hair is nigh

GDPR

Apparently most grey hair is caused by a build-up of hydrogen peroxide in the inside of the hair. Neither of the articles below say just how or why hydrogen peroxide builds up, but if there is a cure I am sure most grey haired people will be happy. And that the cure is available soon.

HP is also apparently the reason for vitiligo from which Michael Jackson suffered, though in his case I suspect that the hydrogen peroxide (or whatever was the cause) was applied with his approval.

I have seen a few people with vitiligo and it does not look pretty with pink or pale skin dappled with much darker skin. I guess white people could suffer from it too, but no one would notice it much.

Gray hair and vitiligo reversed at the root
Grey Hair Treatment Discovered By Scientists

Sorry, haven't found any references to this research in The Lancet, New Scientist etc. so this all may be speculative. I hope it isn't.

D

Deleted member 17573

This is grey-hairism at its worst and lowest. I am deeply offended.

stopdoingstuff

For all female sufferers, you have my love and sympathy. For all male sufferers, you are weaklings.

Radix

That's Donie Cassidy sorted so...

ManInTheArena

I don't really get the whole hang-up around grey hair. Not wanting to be bald I can understand, but I think grey hair actually improves a lot of people.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
What is interesting is the evolutionary root of it - A signal of maturity - to indicate fertility also? Irish people are meant to be more afflicted then other peoples. I have met Irish guys in their twenties who are totally white never mind grey, I feel some pain for those guys.

The cruiser @ 50 must be well grey at this point.

Must be an effort to have to continually dye over and over.

stopdoingstuff

Yeah, what about the bald community?
[video=youtube;lQCVf7AnXNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQCVf7AnXNY[/video]

Lonewolfe

By the way, if this therapy works, will really old people just look silly with thick blonde on ginger heads on them?

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
By the way, if this therapy works, will really old people just look silly with thick blonde on ginger heads on them?
Seems not to bother woman, hair quality, thickness and that will always give the game away.

greenbacks

I don't really get the whole hang-up around grey hair. Not wanting to be bald I can understand, but I think grey hair actually improves a lot of people.
True but so does baldness, some guys look better without hair than with. It also helps if you have a decent shaped head.

greenbacks

What is interesting is the evolutionary root of it - A signal of maturity - to indicate fertility also? Irish people are meant to be more afflicted then other peoples. I have met Irish guys in their twenties who are totally white never mind grey, I feel some pain for those guys.

The cruiser @ 50 must be well grey at this point.

Must be an effort to have to continually dye over and over.
The same with Liam Neeson who is sixty and I wouldn't mind but he had a cheek to star in a movie called The Grey!

cnocpm

As one old fellow years ago would recite,when he heard a complaint,
"I used to give out as a child for having no shoes,until I seen a lad with no legs".

Dame_Enda

Nothing wrong with grey hair. I am only 33 and I have a couple in my sideburns.

asset test

Grey as a badger since 30. It is very sophisticated, and shows the maturity of one who will not falsify the truth!

Loooot

Yes but what about baldness Grace, WHAT ABOUT BALDNESS?
It has been mentioned in circles where the ladies who dine for charity that a good rubbing of the contents of the bladder of a goat into the scalp will restore confidence back to the follically challenged.
A friendly farmer as a friend is what is required.