• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

A female Taoiseach?

Lord Talbot

Given the current trend in the world towards female leaders and more women in politics in general, why exactly are the chances of a woman head of govt still so remote in this state?

Even our current Tanaiste isn't being touted in any serious way, desipite holding one of the highest offices in the land.

Maybe we could do with a woman's touch in the Dail after 90 years of chauvanism.

D

Deleted member 17573

Given the current trend in the world towards female leaders and more women in politics in general, why exactly are the chances of a woman head of govt still so remote in this state?

Even our current Tanaiste isn't being touted in any serious way, desipite holding one of the highest offices in the land.

Maybe we could do with a woman's touch in the Dail after 90 years of chauvanism.
Good:D

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

think Frances Fitzgerald* ( or Coveney) is more likely to be the next Taosieach rather Varadkar

*if we're to continue the chairman type Taoiseach Kenny and Cowen were

Parallel Lines - RTÉ News

Betson

Does it matter who? or will just any female do?

*EPIC SUCCESS*

She really doesn't inspire any sort of confidence, is poor when challenged and seems to be dependent on a prior agreed upon script in interviews.

So she might very well get it seeing as she is so similar to Enda.

firefly123

The only thing I look for in a leader is if they can write their name in the snow! I mean that is all that really matters!

Dedogs

The only thing I look for in a leader is if they can write their name in the snow! I mean that is all that really matters!
you know whats a bastard??? when you see your best mates name wrote in the snow and then you cop its your girlfriends handwriting.... :):):)

Bea C

Lisa Chambers some day?

President Bartlet

I suppose it is bound to happen some day - though noone automatically springs to mind or inspires confidence

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies