• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

A Letter from University Hospital Galway

The Owl

I received this gem this morning. Have to cut out bits and pieces, ya know yourself but if you can remember that the wound in question needing treatment arrived in 2009 whilst I was in a Coma and is still with me to this day. Okay?

Dear Mary Smith,

Our records show you are currently on an outpatient waiting list in University Hospital Galway under DUNNE, MR. A. PLASTIC CONSULTANT.

You were referred by Dr. Mickey Mouse on 1st. February 2012.

We are currently updating our outpatient waiting lists and would be grateful if you could confirm whether you still want to remain on this waiting list and that your details are correct.

Please telephone.....dadadadadadada.......

Yours sincerely

Chicken Little
Waiting List Manager

In other words, "have ya died yet by any chance please God ya have". Not to mention me sitting here this morning wondering why they were calling this medic a "PLASTIC CONSULTANT".

By the way, I live in Castlebar, Co. Mayo. It costs a fortune to get to Galway and I have no money, but hey, maybe the hearse will drop me off on the way out to collect other patients who waited years on the "waiting list". Meanwhile, I'll carry on going up the road to the clinic, twice a week, to get the wound dressed. Four years and counting. Did I tell you about me leg.......

emulator

I received this gem this morning. Have to cut out bits and pieces, ya know yourself but if you can remember that the wound in question needing treatment arrived in 2009 whilst I was in a Coma and is still with me to this day. Okay?

Dear Mary Smith,

Our records show you are currently on an outpatient waiting list in University Hospital Galway under DUNNE, MR. A. PLASTIC CONSULTANT.

We are currently updating our outpatient waiting lists and would be grateful if you could confirm whether you still want to remain on this waiting list and that your details are correct.

Yours sincerely

Chicken Little
Waiting List Manager

In other words, "have ya died yet by any chance please God ya have". Not to mention me sitting here this morning wondering why they were calling this medic a "PLASTIC CONSULTANT".

By the way, I live in Castlebar, Co. Mayo. It costs a fortune to get to Galway and I have no money, but hey, maybe the hearse will drop me off on the way out to collect other patients who waited years on the "waiting list". Meanwhile, I'll carry on going up the road to the clinic, twice a week, to get the wound dressed. Four years and counting. Did I tell you about me leg.......
Ireland 2013.... it's shameful, truly shameful.

I remember you posting about your leg before and hope it's clears sooner rather than later....

spidermom

Presuming the letter did not include an appt date so.....!!!!!....

Is it really four years...????....doesnt time fly.... :-(

damus

Dear Mary Smith,

Yours sincerely

Chicken Little
Waiting List Manager

Ah they're just checking that 1. You haven't carked it. 2. That there wasn't a miraculous cure in Mayo. 3. That their OPD lists are accurate so that 4. The HSE can then announce that there isn't actually €380k+ who are waiting on their first OPD appointment.

Are you waiting 14 months for a plastics appointment then?

ShoutingIsLeadership

Give Oscar Pristorios a shout; he's a couple of spare legs, he won't be using again

lying eyes

Dear Mary Smith,

Yours sincerely

Chicken Little
Waiting List Manager

Waiting list MANAGER????????? eNVELOPE mANAGER bIRO mANAGER?????????jEEZ THE HSE.............

The Owl

Yep, me poor owl heart nearly gave out when I saw the headed paper. "Dear Holy God", I prayed fervantly and instantly, "tanx very much for yer help and I'm heartly contrite for not having believed in you for years and years, forgive me my beloved Lord". Then I read the letter.

Needless to say I am once again an Atheist and called me non existant god all the names going as I do every Sunday when I don't win the lotto, but that's alright because he won't be upset with me because he doesn't exist the two-faced lying ba............... Sorry. Sorry believers. Them springs that fella in South Africa wears wouldn't be any use to me ShoutingLeadership. I'd have to Spring-Hop Spring-Hop as t'other leg is grand. Well, unless I break it and go back to Mayo General to get it fixed, then please rush me the other spring.

Shpake

Some well meaning advice from someone who is clueless and without experience:
Did you talk to your local TD or councillor about it? I hope I am not sending you on a wild goose chase. If an election is coming up sometime, then that's a good time to ask.

Hitch 22

When abortion is legalized if you are pregnant and want an abortion the waiting list will probably be 2 years.

The Owl

Some well meaning advice from someone who is clueless and without experience:
Did you talk to your local TD or councillor about it? I hope I am not sending you on a wild goose chase. If an election is coming up sometime, then that's a good time to ask.
Oh yes, Shpake, not only T.D.s and one Councillor but also went to my ex-solicitor who told me that no solicitor in Castlebar, nay, in Mayo, would touch such a case as "we are a very tight unit, and most of us are friends with the Hospital consultants, so sorry, but no, but I can give you a phone number for a solicitor in Slgio". He immediately became my ex-solicitor, and needless to say he was devastated. He became my solicitor when my daughter sent him into me when I woke up from the coma in order to get me to make a will. The daughter is now an ex-daughter now as well.

I'm joking, I think.

spidermom

Ring Joe.....!!..
:)

im axeled

Oh yes, Shpake, not only T.D.s and one Councillor but also went to my ex-solicitor who told me that no solicitor in Castlebar, nay, in Mayo, would touch such a case as "we are a very tight unit, and most of us are friends with the Hospital consultants, so sorry, but no, but I can give you a phone number for a solicitor in Slgio". He immediately became my ex-solicitor, and needless to say he was devastated. He became my solicitor when my daughter sent him into me when I woke up from the coma in order to get me to make a will. The daughter is now an ex-daughter now as well.

are you a grass widow as well, seen as you have so many ex,s

TiredOfBeingTired

When abortion is legalized if you are pregnant and want an abortion the waiting list will probably be 2 years.
Not sure if you appreciate this but a politician, and worse a senator, supports your view.

"If abortion was available in Ireland there would be a 10-month waiting list, Senator John Crown warned today."
Senator John Crown defends abortion waiting list

mayoonmymind

Dear Mary Smith,

Yours sincerely

Chicken Little
Waiting List Manager

Methinks, all consultants are plastic.

The Owl

are you a grass widow as well, seen as you have so many ex,s
No, unfortunately the swine is still alive. I'm a real ex. Can't blame Mayo General for that one though. A drunken night in Singapore and waking up married to a bloody Englishman two months later. I had to wear sack cloth and ashes for 10 years before the mammy forgave me. Then I got divorced so I had to wear sack cloth and ashes for another 10 years for commiting a mortal sin by getting a divorce. As the Lotto slip always says "You are not a winner". Tell me something I don't fúcking well know ya bástard!!

storybud1

It is possible that you may not have been born to argue this point if liberal abortion was legalised? but sure dead unborn humans cannot vote or go after the people that did this.

Kermit Gosnell: 'House of horrors' abortion clinic worker testifies in capital murder trial that she killed at least 10 infants delivered during late-term abortion by snipping their NECKS | Mail Online

If this is the future then the Irish people have given Labour their answer in Meath East.

eoghanacht

It is possible that you may not have been born to argue this point if liberal abortion was legalised? but sure dead unborn humans cannot vote or go after the people that did this.

Kermit Gosnell: 'House of horrors' abortion clinic worker testifies in capital murder trial that she killed at least 10 infants delivered during late-term abortion by snipping their NECKS | Mail Online

If this is the future then the Irish people have given Labour their answer in Meath East.
Only in festering minds like yours.

The rest of us just don't want to see any more unnecessary deaths of women when aborting the already deceased foetus is optional or that women aren't forced to go full term with children who can't live outside of the womb.

In other words in extreme cases.

When abortion is mentioned the likes of you immediately picture 'hussies' using it as a means of contraception.

cathalbrugha

Dear Mary Smith,

Yours sincerely

Chicken Little
Waiting List Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles Owl. IIRC you once said that you were a founding member of ARC. If so, it makes how you're being treated 10 times worse.. I've no reason to disbelieve you, that you were in fact a founding member of ARC, but this is after all Pie. As Tracy Chatham would've said 'You give your life and invariably they live you with nothing'. Again, if you are who you say you are, I'd just like to say that imho people like you should be cannonized for the good you done.. So much for Karma.. Again, if you were a founding member of ARC, and I had money, on the strength of that alone I'd pay all your medical bills out of my own pocket. But alas, I keep buying the same lotto ticket as you..

On a brighter note, I bumped into an old school friend of mine recently who told me he came up through that thingy-ma-jig and said said he has fifteen good years behind him.. Probably only one of many who came through the doors of such places.. Again, if you are who you say you are, and you done what you said you done, it makes your treatment, or should I say non-treatment a crime and a half.. Get well one way or the other..

Fractional Reserve

Can they not see you in Castlebar abattoir General Hospital ?

Dear Mary Smith,

Yours sincerely

Chicken Little
Waiting List Manager

Fractional Reserve

Now owl i know loads of solicitors that would and they are in Mayo and from Castlebar .

I'm joking, I think.