A Lost Tribe – the British in a corner of Ireland

GDPR

I was showing interest until the highlighted bit. Slightly off topic - but you started it. If the Palestinians were there before the Jews, why is the Mosque built on top of the Temple Mount instead of the other way around? :roll:
The ancient Hebrews who made up the bulk of the Old Testament Catholic Church were racially connected much more with the ancient Britons as opposed to Khazar Turks, etc.

Irish-Rationalist

Read you introducing post, was the usual Shinner talk crap.

Had a look into that blog page, was the same like making an online visit to An Phoblacht, same style, same Nationalist heroism, same Unionist slandering, same bigotry, same old prejudices.

In short, it´s been a waste of time.

Hopefully we´ll see the day when the likes of your ilk, including all the various "shades" of Shinners are a lost tribe in the whole of the Island of Ireland.

But keep up entertaining the Unionists on this forum with your never ending repeating prejudical slanders, they´ll have a laugh every day and your Shinner fellas their "Reichsparteitage".
Are you Unionists not more often compared to Nazis than Shinners?

Ireniall

Technically, Ireland stopped being a colony when she was incorporated into the United Kingdom in 1801. She was certainly ruled under colonial conditions however, and this continued post-1921 in the North.

This is typical of many places: Algeria, Ceuta and Melilla, the Falklands etc. In any event, as the Irish people were not strong enough militarily to thwart the imposition of partition, the only possible solution lies in politics and the right conditions developing (i.e. demographic change). Whether Unionists are colonists or not, and whether they care, is not particularly relevant.
Even Ceuta and Melilla are hardly great examples since the peoples on the African side of the straits held territory on the Spanish side at various times in history and had they emerged as part of a North African country it could hardly be contested.

McSlaggart

Jews were still there first.
Palestine has a range of religions including "Judaism". Judaism was not the first religion in that region. Ancient Semitic religions bit of Yahweh and aspects of the Babylonian religions apparent.

GDPR

Last edited:

ardsman

I will, fellow Brit!

Come to Blokesbloke!

Had a look into that blog page, was the same like making an online visit to An Phoblacht, same style, same Nationalist heroism, same Unionist slandering, same bigotry, same old prejudices.

Hopefully we´ll see the day when the likes of your ilk, including all the various "shades" of Shinners are a lost tribe in the whole of the Island of Ireland.

But keep up entertaining the Unionists on this forum with your never ending repeating prejudical slanders, they´ll have a laugh every day and your Shinner fellas their "Reichsparteitage".
Before Northern Ireland came into existence in 1921, all Protestants in Ireland regarded themselves as "Irish". Even your Unionist hero Edward Carson was a proud Irishman, a Gaelic speaker, and a GAA enthusiast. David Trimble described himself as "an Irish Unionist". George Best described himself as an "Irishman". The late Ian Paisley said "Of course I'm an Irishman, as I'm an Ulsterman, and you can't be an Ulsterman and not an Irishman" ..or words to that effect. The Royal Irish Regiment. The Irish Football Association.

Tell me how British and Northern Irish you are, and how Irish you're not, young Irishman.
Listen young pup.....just cus ya keep calling us Irish doesn't make it so....I am well aware of past history and what certain folk have said. So what? Only you yourself knows how you feel. I don't hate the Irish but I know I am not one of them. My heart and soul belongs to Northern Ireland not the Republic of Ireland or the island of Ireland. My hobbies, sports, family history, culture, past experiences, everything that makes you who you are is British/Northern Irish. I do not relate in any way to Oirish culture, the tricolour flag, the sports, the leprechauns, the language, the history, the terrorism...

hollandia

Aindriu

Listen young pup.....just cus ya keep calling us Irish doesn't make it so....I am well aware of past history and what certain folk have said. So what? Only you yourself knows how you feel. I don't hate the Irish but I know I am not one of them. My heart and soul belongs to Northern Ireland not the Republic of Ireland or the island of Ireland. My hobbies, sports, family history, culture, past experiences, everything that makes you who you are is British/Northern Irish. I do not relate in any way to Oirish culture, the tricolour flag, the sports, the leprechauns, the language, the history, the terrorism...
Ok, you're Scottish then. After all, it was mainly lowland Scottish Protestants who were 'planted' into the north eastern most counties of Ireland way back when.

GDPR

No it belongs to around 50 per cent of Northern Ireland. If we are also to take British as meaning referring to mainland Britain that it could be argued that the Shinners of today are a lot more British than most Unionists. Not referring to you but most really thran Loyalists would find Great Britain unpleasant to put it mildly to live in outside of scuzzy parts of Scotland.

ardsman

I will, fellow Brit!

Come to Blokesbloke!

No it belongs to around 50 per cent of Northern Ireland. If we are also to take British as meaning referring to mainland Britain that it could be argued that the Shinners of today are a lot more British than most Unionists. Not referring to you but most really thran Loyalists would find Great Britain unpleasant to put it mildly to live in outside of scuzzy parts of Scotland.
I've a soft spot (hehe) for ya Ref ya wee nutter but I hope you didn't just try to tell me where my heart and soul belong...you don't have to include the rest of the UK as living in Norn Iron, that's a given...

GDPR

I've a soft spot (hehe) for ya Ref ya wee nutter but I hope you didn't just try to tell me where my heart and soul belong...you don't have to include the rest of the UK as living in Norn Iron, that's a given...
It is a fact that now only around 50 per cent of the population of Norn Iron is PUL.

For the other half the language, the music as well as other things that you dont consider Northern Irish are very much part of who they are even if they consider themselves Northern Irish.

That is a problem....(They called Cassandra a nutter and she was right).

ardsman

It is a fact that now only around 50 per cent of the population of Norn Iron is PUL.

For the other half the language, the music as well as other things that you dont consider Northern Irish are very much part of who they are even if they consider themselves Northern Irish.

That is a problem....(They called Cassandra a nutter and she was right).
50%? The U stands for unionist so by my reckoning at least 80% are "PUL" even if they don't think so...

GDPR

50%? The U stands for unionist so by my reckoning at least 80% are "PUL" even if they don't think so...
PUL is Unionist with a capital U rather than a small "u". Plenty small "u" unionist belong to the GAA, are enthusiastic about Irish and consider the Provies to have been heroes. Things you said you dont feel are Northern Irish.

Irish-Rationalist

You don't relate to Irish culture because after 400 years the British colonists who planted Ulster are still colonists. Quite literally, as Unionism is inverted colonialism. That disconnect with Ireland and it's culture that you feel is primarily a result of partition. I'm not going to deny that there are fundamental ancestral, political, religious and cultural differences between Ulster planters and the rest of the island, but is it not in PULs best interests to attempt to embrace your land of birth, given that a united Ireland is an inevitability, and that future generations of Ulster Prods are going to find themselves living in a very foreign and alien environment come unification?

tokkie

The truth that dare not speak it's name - the main parties in the ROI would love repartition - with four counties uniting with the 26 and two counties being walled off for the Shinners and their fans ..... the thought of a couple of hundred thousand of Adams' ilk sends shudders down their spines ;)
This is not quite accurate. It's not just Adams. The thought of a million Nordies, Catholic or Protestant, sends shudders down the spine of most Southerners.

We've witnessed the unrelenting trauma you cause England.

NMunsterman

You don't relate to Irish culture because after 400 years the British colonists who planted Ulster are still colonists. Quite literally, as Unionism is inverted colonialism. That disconnect with Ireland and it's culture that you feel is primarily a result of partition. I'm not going to deny that there are fundamental ancestral, political, religious and cultural differences between Ulster planters and the rest of the island, but is it not in PULs best interests to attempt to embrace your land of birth, given that a united Ireland is an inevitability, and that future generations of Ulster Prods are going to find themselves living in a very foreign and alien environment come unification?
Like Harry West admitted before his death, a ReUnited Ireland is indeed inevitable but he did not want " to have to stomach it" - and there is no doubt many Unionists feel the same.

Should be fun in France next month - are you ze people from Ireland, but who are not Irish ?

Absolument.

tokkie

Fair enough. I respect the fact that you believe you are not Irish and do not or cannot relate to "Oirish" culture.

If you could just dispense with your Irish accent, that would make things easier all round.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom