• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

A Mebyon Kernow Broadcast

cornubian

Website
www.cornwall24.co.uk
Mebyon Kernow - the Party for Cornwall has just produced its first-ever party political broadcast.

I am afraid that you will not see it on the television because, in order to qualify for air-time, MK would need to stand in nine regions in the European Parliamentary Elections. The broadcast can be viewed online at: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYIgzI6Rl4c&feature=channel]A Party Political Broadcast by Mebyon Kernow[/ame]

I think it will destroy a few preconceptions you may hold about MK and Cornish nationalism. Have a look and let me know what you think.

islands

I think it will destroy a few preconceptions you may hold about MK and Cornish nationalism. Have a look and let me know what you think.
What preconceptions are they, Cornubian? The video was more or less what I expected the Cornish nationalists to be about

What should I have been expecting?

cornubian

Website
www.cornwall24.co.uk
1 ) Mebyon Kernow do not base any of their policies on race.
2 ) They are not a right wing party with policies of discrimination against any group.
3 ) They are politically left of centre with a firm concern for Social Justice. As part of their social agenda they demand justice for all the people of Cornwall. Especially FAIR government, FAIR levels of public services and FAIR levels of properity.
4 ) Mebyon Kernow defends all the citizens of Cornwall's right to describe themselves in anyway they see fit.
5 ) they defend the Cornish Communities right to make its own decisions, in the real world local people need to decide their own fate not distant masters in far away cities.
6 ) Cornish Culture is open to all who live in or associate with Cornwall. A strong confident Cornish culture need not fear outside influence.
7 ) Mebyon Kernow is strongly environmental in ethos, but recognises the need for positive change to allow appropriate business growth in the Duchy.
8 ) Cornwall is an historic nation of Europe and MK demand a NEW constitutional settlement for all the people of Britain to reflect REALITY not fanciful government regions. Real communities prosper, fake ones fail.

Hope that clears things up.

factual

Local power in local hands. I support greater local powers for the people of Cornwall.

cornubian

Website
www.cornwall24.co.uk
You haven't found more tin, have you ?
No but we're looking.

As for the links to Plaid and the SNP. Mebyon Kernow along with Plaid, the SNP, Union Democratic Bretonne and many other democratic progressive nationalist or autonomist parties, is a member of the pan-EU European Free Alliance party.

Thanks for the positive remarks.

Captain Con O'Sullivan

No but we're looking.

As for the links to Plaid and the SNP. Mebyon Kernow along with Plaid, the SNP, Union Democratic Bretonne and many other democratic progressive nationalist or autonomist parties, is a member of the pan-EU European Free Alliance party.

Thanks for the positive remarks.
Best of luck to you. How can that phrase be said in Cornish(?)

Gruffalo

No, that's impossible. The Normans were the last crowd that invaded Britain.
I have heard that the Cornish did it more recently but some people do not count it as they believe that the Cornish are British. I will see if I can find any info.

Edit: It was not an official Cornish Army but it appears that there was an uprising in 1549 and they set out to March on London. They were crushed by Exeter, I think, which is not very far.

http://www.cornwallgb.com/cornwall_england_howard.html

Last edited:

EarlyBird

I have heard that the Cornish did it more recently but some people do not count it as they believe that the Cornish are British. I will see if I can find any info.

Edit: It was not an official Cornish Army but it appears that there was an uprising in 1549 and they set out to March on London. They were crushed by Exeter, I think, which is not very far.

Cornwall, England, Great Britain, Cornish Open Forum:Cornish heritage, events, politics. Howard Curnow discusses 1549 Cornish Prayer Book Rebellion
They had more success in 1497 when a Cornish army invaded the south of England and made it all the way to Kent.

Cornish Rebellion of 1497 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That was not an invasion of Britain though, it was an invasion of England.
An invasion of the island of Britain can only come from the sea and the last people to successfully invade from the sea were the Normans.

cornubian

Website
www.cornwall24.co.uk
I'll vote for Mebyon Kernow, says former Lib-Dem boss

\\"My own conclusion is that there is one candidate who, regardless of the outcome and the size of his vote, will continue serving this area and Cornwall as he has already done for many years; my vote is going to Dick Cole, because, he is the one candidate I think will continue to fight for Cornwall and put its people first.

\\"I had the privilege of working with Dick when we were both councillors on Restormel and he proved to me that despite the general cynicism about politicians, there are still a few people in the system that are guided by principle and dedication.\\"
This, as you might imagin, was immdiately attacked by negative Nick Clegg. Dick Coles response can be found here: And Dick says...

Follow MK on Twitter and Dick's Blog.

cornubian

Website
www.cornwall24.co.uk
I think someone asked "what connections do you have with Plaid and the SNP?".

MK works alongside Plaid, the SNP and many other progressive democratic nationalist and autonomist parties inside the European Free Alliance which itself is allied to the European Greens in the Eu-parliament.

In the UK Plaid is very supportive of MK but the SNP generally give us the cold shoulder. Equally no Irish nationalists openly support MK.

Amach na Casca

I think someone asked "what connections do you have with Plaid and the SNP?".

MK works alongside Plaid, the SNP and many other progressive democratic nationalist and autonomist parties inside the European Free Alliance which itself is allied to the European Greens in the Eu-parliament.

In the UK Plaid is very supportive of MK but the SNP generally give us the cold shoulder. Equally no Irish nationalists openly support MK.
I'd imagine quite a few Irish nationalists especially Sinn Fein would be happy to give their support and best wishes to Mebyon Kernow. Any area that wants to break from the UK I certainly wish them the best. :)