A Message From JFK / MLK / Ron Paul

grassroots

Ron and Son look like racists...jnr could not bring himeself to say he would support the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Oreo Livermore

Anyone with even a limited knowledge of American history would know that the war was not about slavery. It was because the states did not recognise the federal government having power over them

7 states seceded even before Lincoln became president.

Now the same argument is in the forefront.

The states want to be sovereign. Simple as that

owedtojoy

Ron and Son look like racists...jnr could not bring himeself to say he would support the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
The Pauls are not the visceral racists like the KKK - in principle they believe in liberty etc. etc.

What they hate is "big government".

Unfortunately, there is a contradiction at the heart of their position. Martin Luther King was FOR big government. Big government freed the slaves and even gave them the vote. It was the States who enforced the Jim Crow laws, supported by Supreme Court decisions.

MLK wanted Big Government to reverse the Supreme Court decisions and pass laws to abolish Jim Crow. He wanted Federal lawyers to be ready to enforce the laws and prosecute State officials who abused them. And in the mighty figure of Lyndon Baines Johnson, he got the support he needed. Republicans like Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater opposed him.

It is ok for the Pauls to say they are for "Civil Rights". But suppose Civil Rights requires Big Government? Where would they have stood?

owedtojoy

Anyone with even a limited knowledge of American history would know that the war was not about slavery. It was because the states did not recognise the federal government having power over them

Just about every single reputable historian accepts that the American Civil War was about slavery. Some states (South Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas) seceded BEFORE Lincoln was inaugurated, but AFTER he was elected. All of the state conventions which passed ordnances of secession mentioned the election of Lincoln and slavery as the cause.

And, by the way, the "Upper South" (Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas) only seceded AFTER the fall of Fort Sumter, which was about 5 weeks AFTER Lincoln was formally inaugurated as President.

Let's end this here - I have been an amateur historian of the American Civil War for many years. I have even been published on the topic. I have no particular urge to go on and on about the war, there is nothing I can learn from you, I think ... so don't start me off!!!

So let's talk about something else ;)

owedtojoy

And anyone who calls for secession today is a traitor too, like the scumbag Republican Governor of Texas, Perry.

If you have taken the Pledge of Allegiance, it reads:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Anyone who takes the pledge and calls for secession is a scoundrel, a hypocrite and a traitor.

Oreo Livermore

I have been an amateur historian of the American Civil War for many years.
amateur all right

If you think 300000 lost their lives from the North because there were slaves 2000 miles away, then you really are a bigger eejit than I thought.

Very strange how they did not worry about the slaves in Cuba, Alaska or Porto Rico then, isn't it.

Buy a history book

SJMcMahon

Facts are facts.

If Rand Paul had lived in the South in the Civil Rights era, he would have opposed Big Government intervention to establish the rights of blacks not to be segregated in public places, to vote and to get an education. He would probably have "stood in the schoolhouse door" with George Wallace.

He might have done so on principled grounds of libertarianism rather than racism, but the fact is he would have supported Jim Crow. America rejected his logic in 1964-65, and they will reject it again.

He is going to be asked about it sooner or later.
not necessarily, libertarians tend to be big on individual rights so they wouldn't likely be a fan of policies that degrade human beings. Also those segregationist policies conflicted with several constitutional ammendmants so it wouldn't be a valid perogative of the states under the tenth ammendmant.

JCR

Just wondering if anyone knows who Pauls financiers are/were. Just watched the OP video and cannot believe the man could be as naive as he comes across. He doesn't seem to have much of a clue of international politics, I would assume the video is cherry picked to make him seem like some pacifist which of course is ridiculous, that vid might work well for sheeple, not much good for people who actually have a clue, whats the deal?

"Paul’s son, Rand Paul, a Republican running for the open U.S. Senate seat in Kentucky, came under fire last month for supporting BP. In an interview on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” he said Obama was “un-American” for criticizing the oil company, and said attacks on BP were part of the “blame game,” where tragedy is “always someone else’s fault.”

Apparently it is un-American for critisizing BP. The mind boggles.

Santos

You guys are really comparing Ron Paul to JFK and MLK? Are you completely out of your minds? He's a crackpot, he even voted against sending aid to the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

"Is bailing out people that chose to live on the coastline a proper function of the federal government?" he asked. "Why do people in Arizona have to be robbed in order to support the people on the coast?"

Comparing him to Martin Luther King is especially sick, is the OP aware that Paul has called MLK "a world-class philanderer who beat up his paramours" and that he "seduced underage boys and girls"?

He's a rascist nutjob.

Oreo Livermore

Just wondering if anyone knows who Pauls financiers are/were.
Well I was one of them. He collected 35 million dollars and he got 1.2 million votes. There were not as many Paulites then as there are now but they are committed. Each donor is listed in the public domain except for little ones under 100 bucks or something like that. He collected 6 million in just one day. That was the annerversity of the Boston Tea Party. Not even his campaign but some computer geek who ran an internet money bomb. Almost 25000 people donated.

'Money bomb': Ron Paul raises $6 million in 24-hour period - USATODAY.com

Money was not a problem

Looking ahead, the days of winning by spending big is over

Oreo Livermore

"Is bailing out people that chose to live on the coastline a proper function of the federal government?" he asked. "Why do people in Arizona have to be robbed in order to support the people on the coast?"

That is an excellent question

Santos

That is an excellent question
No, it's not. It's an idiotic line of argument. Where does it end? Following an accident at a nuclear station, should aid not be sent to any victims because they chose to live there? Following a terrorist attack, should aid not be given to victims who live in big cities because there is effectively no chance of terrorism in the sticks? When a natural disaster kills thousands of people, destroys pretty much all property amd effectively destroys a city, I think you will find that not only will Arizonans have no problem with federal assistance being rendered, they will demand that it is.
I noticed that when Hurricane Rita hit part of his 14th district, he was quick to join Governor Perry in requesting a federal state of emergency declaration, such a declaration makes available the same type of federal assistance he deemed unworthy of the victims of Hurricane Katrina. So he's a hypocrite too...
I notice you chose to ignore my claim that Paul is a racist in my last post, do you agree that he is?

Last edited:

Oreo Livermore

I should have ignored it all as this was all discussed at lenght many times.

Do you understand the concept of a federal government. Do you understand what powers the framers intended this federal government to have. It is easy, they wrote and ratified the Constitution outlining those powers and the 10 amendments that make up the Bill of Rights.

Do you understand that each state has it's own government and tax raising powers.

Do you understand that everyone pays federal taxes. Well the Minutemen fought a war to get rid of tiny taxes. They did not want anyone to take care of them as they weren't a useless shower of wasters and parasites like Ireland is full of.

Give me a medical card, free dental, dole, widows pension, unwed mother, free education, free water, free travel, children's allowance, a public service job because I am useless, free free free gimme gimme gimme gimme. What a shoal of jellyfish.

You are reared to know no difference.

A good fleezing is coming your way because the US will not bail ye out next time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EuNgqIiz60]YouTube - An African American view on Ron Paul for President not obama[/ame]

Here you go, listen to a real American and you might learn something

TonyBird

Do you understand that everyone pays federal taxes. Well the Minutemen fought a war to get rid of tiny taxes. They did not want anyone to take care of them as they weren't a useless shower of wasters and parasites like Ireland is full of.

Give me a medical card, free dental, dole, widows pension, unwed mother, free education, free water, free travel, children's allowance, a public service job because I am useless, free free free gimme gimme gimme gimme. What a shoal of jellyfish.

A good fleezing is coming your way because the US will not bail ye out next time.
America is not Ireland . Ron Paul has little relevance here . His views are based on American history and culture which are radically different to ours .Im a fan of the guy but I realize that comparing US society to Irelands is just ridiculous , despite what Mary Harney might say .

Santos

I should have ignored it all as this was all discussed at lenght many times.

Do you understand the concept of a federal government. Do you understand what powers the framers intended this federal government to have. It is easy, they wrote and ratified the Constitution outlining those powers and the 10 amendments that make up the Bill of Rights.

Do you understand that each state has it's own government and tax raising powers.

YouTube - An African American view on Ron Paul for President not obama

Here you go, listen to a real American and you might learn something
Do you want to address my points or talk nonsense and tell me about how I was "reared", yet another thing you know nothing about. Just to make you aware, I am a qualified Attorney at Law in California and practised there so there's no need to explain the Constitution given that it was a large part of my bar exam and subsequent employment.
You failed to address my previous points of argument and just went on some rambling tirade so I will state them once more for your benefit.
1.Was it not hypocritical for Paul to vote against Federal aid for the victims of Hurricane Katrina but when Hurricane Rita hit part of his 14th, he quickly sought a federal state of emergency declaration, which would make that same federal aid available?
2. His line of reasoning about "living on the coastline" is inherently flawed as I showed above.
3. Do you accept that Ron Paul is a racist? You have failed to address this in your answers to my two previous posts.

PS. A video on youtube of someone who likes Ron Paul? Well that's all the proof I needed that you are clearly right!!!

Last edited:

Oreo Livermore

America is not Ireland . Ron Paul has little relevance here . His views are based on American history and culture which are radically different to ours .Im a fan of the guy but I realize that comparing US society to Irelands is just ridiculous , despite what Mary Harney might say .
Absolutely correct.

Irish people at the present time are just a shower of beggars.

They are totally dependent.

They voted for Lisbon 2 for one reason and one reason only. That was to get more free money.

The crowd of fools are going to get a good roasting and the sooner the better

Oreo Livermore

Do you want to address my points or talk nonsense and tell me about how I was "reared", yet another thing you know nothing about. Just to make you aware, I am a qualified Attorney at Law in California and practised there so there's no need to explain the Constitution given that it was a large part of my bar exam and subsequent employment.
You failed to address my previous points of argument and just went on some rambling tirade so I will state them once more for your benefit.
1.Was it not hypocritical for Paul to vote against Federal aid for the victims of Hurricane Katrina but when Hurricane Rita hit part of his 14th, he quickly sought a federal state of emergency declaration, which would make that same federal aid available?
2. His line of reasoning about "living on the coastline" is inherently flawed as I showed above.
3. Do you accept that Ron Paul is a racist? You have failed to address this in your answers to my two previous posts.

PS. A video on youtube of someone who likes Ron Paul? Well that's all the proof I needed that you are clearly right!!!
That explains it. California is bankrupt and they are begging for federal money as we speak.

Well I am in Massachusetts and I don't want to give you a penny. I could not give a shythe if ye all starved. I did not cause your problems, the fools in Sacramento did. So solve your own problems and stop begging from me.

To address your points.

Ron Pauls job is to get back at least some of the money that the people in his district paid to the federal government. If he were president they would be paying zero to the federal government in income tax and therefore getting zero back. We do not want a handout from anyone.

As regards living on the shoreline, what are you talking about. If a person want's to live in the path of a hurricane that is their choice. Let them go windsurfing if they wish. Did they not learn at school that hurricanes come most seasons.

Ron Paul is not a racist.

You being a lawyer can prove he is if you believe otherwise.

Should be easy, every word he uttered in about 40 years in in the public records.

So let's have it lawyerboy.

Quote his words that shows he has racist views

Santos

That explains it. California is bankrupt and they are begging for federal money as we speak.

Well I am in Massachusetts and I don't want to give you a penny. I could not give a shythe if ye all starved. I did not cause your problems, the fools in Sacramento did. So solve your own problems and stop begging from me.

To address your points.

Ron Pauls job is to get back at least some of the money that the people in his district paid to the federal government. If he were president they would be paying zero to the federal government in income tax and therefore getting zero back. We do not want a handout from anyone.

As regards living on the shoreline, what are you talking about. If a person want's to live in the path of a hurricane that is their choice. Let them go windsurfing if they wish. Did they not learn at school that hurricanes come most seasons.

Ron Paul is not a racist.

You being a lawyer can prove he is if you believe otherwise.

Should be easy, every word he uttered in about 40 years in in the public records.

So let's have it lawyerboy.

Quote his words that shows he has racist views
Hurricanes also hit Texas fairly frequently, lets move everyone out of Texas too yeah? Big cities are more likely to suffer terrorist attack so thats everyone gone from there...Anyone who lives near nuclear stations risks an accident there so should they all move too? You still didn't answer why Paul sought a Federal State of Emergency declaration for Texas when Hurricane Rita hit part of his 14th district, why did he want that federal aid that he was so eager to keep away from the victims of Katrina made availible in Texas? Oh, maybe because it hit his district.....

As for him being a racist, please explains his quotes on MLK you already ignored.
About blacks in Washington DC, Paul said "I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal".
He also said ""Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action".
Kindly also explain how these quotes are not also racist.

Cassandra Syndrome

3. Do you accept that Ron Paul is a racist?
Why is Ron Paul racist? Why would a Jewish economist (who was persecuted by the Nazi party) and his institute work with a racist?

Most Replies