• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

A new low?

anewbeginning

Just when you thought those worthless parasites who go around breaking into people's homes could not go any lower, they outdo themselves once more.

Burglars target home after widow's crash death - Independent.ie

I don't think garda station closures is the issue here by the way, as if one garda who is stuck behind the desk of a rural station could have prevented something like this.

Clearly the perpetrators of this sickening crime had local knowledge, knowledge of where this person lived and so on.

There is a certain group of people in our midst who await every opportunity to thieve, rob and steal from the community. It's one of the biggest issues affecting rural Ireland at the moment and there is no genuine effort to stop it.

carlovian

Nothing surprises me.

Years ago there was many robberies at the houses of families who had lost loved ones
and were at the funeral.

It's common practice now down the country to have a neighbour in the house while a
funeral is taking place.

mayoonmymind

If the Gardai don't get out of their cars and from behind their desks, there will be many more gurriers walking away laughing.
I saw a very odd thing yesterday, a Garda walking on the street in my town in Mayo.
A unusual sight indeed.
OF COURSE IT WASN'T CASTLEBAR.

stopdoingstuff

Crime is basically unpreventable, at least without micro-chipping everyone so that we know where everyone is at all times, which is not on. That being the case, it falls to the individual, which means making sure you have a burglar alarm, good neighbours, and a gun.

chef35

This has been going on for years, they scour the local paper and radio stations for deaths and marriages, be warned.

chef35

Crime is basically unpreventable, at least without micro-chipping everyone so that we know where everyone is at all times, which is not on. That being the case, it falls to the individual, which means making sure you have a burglar alarm, good neighbours, and a gun.
Feck that build a moat.

Kevin Doyle

Clearly the perpetrators of this sickening crime had local knowledge, knowledge of where this person lived and so on.

There is a certain group of people in our midst who await every opportunity to thieve, rob and steal from the community.
Yip, they are otherwise known in common parlance as banks.

anewbeginning

The country is simply over-run with criminals. People afraid to leave their homes. People afraid to sleep at night. And yes its in all aspects of society, white collar crime, blue collar crime, drugs, drink, burgularies, the works. It's a whole way of life for certain sections of society, thieving for a living. I suppose when you outsource all decisions and power to far away Brussels, ultimately the country becomes leaderless and rudderless and into that vacuam criminals and criminal gangs pour in. Heaven knows what Ireland will be like in 10 or 20 years time, possibly like Afghanistan or some other failed state.

Cellach

Tin Foil Hat

We need a cultural shift. The days of advertising a death before a funeral need to come to an end. There's no need for it.

anewbeginning

There are damned lies and statistics as they say. Anecdotally people in rural communities will tell you they are under a type of siege from burgulars. I personally have never known it so bad in certain communities in Ireland that I would be familiar with. Ie in years gone by, you could leave your house without locking it, and so on. From there it has gone to the modern stage where criminal gangs are searching through newspapers for family events where they think a family might be out of a house. I never heard of that happening in the past.

venusian

Just when you thought those worthless parasites who go around breaking into people's homes could not go any lower, they outdo themselves once more.

Burglars target home after widow's crash death - Independent.ie

I don't think garda station closures is the issue here by the way, as if one garda who is stuck behind the desk of a rural station could have prevented something like this.

There is a certain group of people in our midst who await every opportunity to thieve, rob and steal from the community. It's one of the biggest issues affecting rural Ireland at the moment and there is no genuine effort to stop it.
"those worthless parasites " I thought you meant the predatory tax rapists of the family home the FFG'ers and "labour"!

Don't worry minister Shatter is ensuring that all homes will be targeted for burglaries due to his attack on the Gardaí and his personal closures of local Garda stations ....apart from his own home with Garda protection!

Gracchus

Another thing people need to watch out for is what they update on facebook. Not to hard to see when some families are away on some holiday.

Cellach

There are damned lies and statistics as they say. Anecdotally people in rural communities will tell you they are under a type of siege from burgulars. I personally have never known it so bad in certain communities in Ireland that I would be familiar with. Ie in years gone by, you could leave your house without locking it, and so on. From there it has gone to the modern stage where criminal gangs are searching through newspapers for family events where they think a family might be out of a house. I never heard of that happening in the past.
It ain't new and it ain't just here.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=robbery+funeral&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb#hl=en&sugexp=les;&gs_rn=3&gs_ri=psy-ab&pq=robbery funeral&cp=29&gs_id=tu&xhr=t&q=burglary+during+funeral&es_nrs=true&pf=p&client=firefox-a&hs=scB&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&sclient=psy-ab&oq=burglary+during+funeral+ireal&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42553238,d.ZG4&fp=a78609c08c426b3e&biw=1173&bih=541

Your story appears to describe the fear of crime, rather than actual crime, which of course are different things. My folks live in a pretty rural area, and equally there is stories of burglaries going round, but I can quite clearly remember burglaries taking place in the area when I was a child. Paul Williams and the papers do not help this kind of thing, with the constant whipping up of fear and paranoia.

Anyway, how do you feel the statistics are being manipulated?

Cellach

"those worthless parasites " I thought you meant the predatory tax rapists of the family home the FFG'ers and "labour"!

Don't worry minister Shatter is ensuring that all homes will be targeted for burglaries due to his attack on the Gardaí and his personal closures of local Garda stations ....apart from his own home with Garda protection!
You are aware that you comparing your property tax to rapists is very insulting and demeaning to someone who has actually been raped? Why aren't you keeping it over on your ludicrous thread where you are comparing the gathering of taxes to the Gestapo?

http://www.politics.ie/forum/fine-gael/206168-gestapo-legislation-ffgers.html

venusian

You are aware that you comparing your property tax to rapists is very insulting and demeaning to someone who has actually been raped? Why aren't you keeping it over on your ludicrous thread where you are comparing the gathering of taxes to the Gestapo?

http://www.politics.ie/forum/fine-gael/206168-gestapo-legislation-ffgers.html
Why? its meant to be insulting to the scum that are destroying the country the FFger's who are aiding and abetting criminals (not just banksters and their chums) but appalling robberies by targeting frontline Gardaí in cutbacks coupled with the closure of local Garda stations, that is why. Personal apologies to yourself if you find the truth hard to take!

redsaint

The Scumbags that robbed that poor woman are in same league that the same Scumbags that have fuc...our Coutry up.Bankers and there rich mates.

Cellach

Why? its meant to be insulting to the scum that are destroying the country the FFger's who are aiding and abetting criminals (not just banksters and their chums) but appalling robberies by targeting frontline Gardaí in cutbacks coupled with the closure of local Garda stations, that is why. Personal apologies to yourself if you find the truth hard to take!
Because it's ridiculous hyperbole and makes you look a bit petulant and silly? And, again, the crime rate has been falling nationally since 2007.

gijoe

Looks as if the Taoiseach is getting some 'personal experience' of the crime spree in rural Ireland.

Taoiseach

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies