• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

A New Opinion Poll puts FF in Firm Lead. FF27 FG25 SF20 Lab13 Oth15.

livingstone

Is there a previous comparable poll?

I know it's Millard Brown, so I trust them more than the Sindo's usual 'Quantum' polls, but not sure when the last poll was.

ruserious

Is there a previous comparable poll?

I know it's Millard Brown, so I trust them more than the Sindo's usual 'Quantum' polls, but not sure when the last poll was.
Millward Brown Lansdowne opinion poll.
May 2012

Parties (compared to 2011 general election)
Fine Gael 34% (-2%)
Labour Party 15% (-4%)
Fianna Fail 17% (--)
Sinn Fein 17% (+7%)
Indeps/Other 18% (+1%)

White Horse

Wait until the government start taxing child benefit.

Then FF will be in single party government territory.

Grey Area

Surprisingly good result for Labour.

Dame_Enda

How is 27% a "firm lead"? :roll:

Interestingly just 37% polled believe the CPA will lead to "significant savings".

tigerben

SF will be delighted! As for FF, people are thinking FG wouldn't have done things any different if they had been in government during the boon years as they've done nothing different to FF since they got in to power.

Grey Area

Wait until they promise to abolish the property tax and fund it through reducing the overseas aid budget - 1977 all over again?

Maothail Lad

The only poll I will believe will be the locals in 2014, If FF increase there support significantly at a local level I'm packing my bags and leaving this country and I come from a county where they are and were always well supported. If I see an obvious increase in there mandate I'm gone, we truly never learn I know its a disgusting analogy but the electorate are like a battered wife that can't stop going back. Cooper was right serious goldfish mentality here everything goes in one ear and out the other.

Skyrocket

ULA surging to 1% :p

On a serious note, I think the closure of rural Garda stations and Shatter's handling of it has done FG serious damage.

commonman

We will never do that in this country again once was enough for that madness in 1977.But
then there is a lot of people that will not remember that. That is where the foundations for to days trouble were laid.

Grey Area

ruserious

On a serious note, I think the closure of rural Garda stations and Shatter's handling of it has done FG serious damage.
FF make a mess and take a break for the others to clean it up and will return once it is safe to do so. Sickening.

freewillie

The only poll I will believe will be the locals in 2014, If FF increase there support significantly at a local level I'm packing my bags and leaving this country and I come from a county where they are and were always well supported. If I see an obvious increase in there mandate I'm gone, we truly never learn I know its a disgusting analogy but the electorate are like a battered wife that can't stop going back. Cooper was right serious goldfish mentality here everything goes in one ear and out the other.
You are right about the local elections. According to the Times FF has a good list of educated people including dolly birds all ready to be let loose on the local elections. FG did the same a few years ago and these coucnillors then built their profile for the general election

Sierra

Government will be very worried that they didn't even get a temporary bounce in support for the promissory note deal.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies